In regards to atheism.

My sin just woke me up to go home

What's your excuse for being up this early?

:)

I am on a farm on a hill and it gets light early in the city I am surrounded by trees and I can sleep all day.

Are you going to hail Mary or hail a cab today?

Anyways I might be off air I left my charger behind and have to get in line for the one here.

Alex

Why on earth do you feel the need to say something like that?
She is someone who thinks it is all Gods plan thing.
But now I am here looking out over fields and not a never ending road it seems clear what I will do.
I will go to see her later.

Good friend.

I remembered for girls just say I know how you feel... as men we try and fix the problem when all she will want is a shoulder to cry on...anyways other friends will be there to help her move...all good.

Thanks for your input.

I doubt suffering needs to be sent.
I use that little throw away to get thru difficult times almost like..what does not kill you makes you stronger...which is silly really cause most things that near kill you usually leaves you permanently worse off.
Some self talk can be real stupid but it can still work for the person talking to themselves.
Alex

Last edited:
I am on a farm on a hill and it gets light early in the city I am surrounded by trees and I can sleep all day.

Are you going to hail Mary or hail a cab today?

Anyways I might be off air I left my charger behind and have to get in line for the one here.

Alex

All of where I need to go today I will use shanks pony

There is a new filly to check in with who might charge me up :)

Her name is not Mary :)

I wish I never had to leave this place it is just so beautiful, the birds are singing. The dew looks like diamonds the horses have come up to see me and the Sunrise is spectacular and no noise from trains or trucks.
Last transmission..
Alex

The correct question to ask is, why do people believe in God. The answer to that is simple, God Is.

"God Is" is a mantra. It is a rote saying you say to yourself to strengthen your beliefs in a self-reinforcing loop.
It has no explanatory power. It does not inform the discussion for anyone but yourself. (partly why you use it - to reassure yourself that you hold special knowledge)

It is not even correct grammar (a hallmark of a deepity).

I'm not sure you realize that it actually damages your credibility in a discussion, because
- you use it when you've run out of other things to say, and
- when you say it what people are hearing is "Never mind all of your "logic", God is myssssteriousss!"

That's probably not the image you were hoping to project.

I am back half charged.
She went shopping the ultimate cure.

And thinking about things more it was her old man that was always on about "the lord".

"Never mind all of your "logic", God is myssssteriousss!"

Yes very much so.

I think folk enjoy mystery which I find really curious.

I need to know why how etc.

Anyway are we not getting ahead of ourselves we have yet to define god.

Alex

I think folk enjoy mystery which I find really curious.
And there's certainly nothing wrong with that. The world is full of mystery.

Jan (for example) may think I'm trying to dispose of God completely; I'm not.

I'm simply asserting that it's a personal thing, one which does not fare well when subjected to the scrutiny of logical debate.

You have certainly demonstrated that.
Do you do debating or did you debate in school uni etc?
Alex
Nope and nope.

My debatory curriculum vitae consists entirely of being the youngest in a family of 5 kids and two parents all of whom are intellectual academics and like nothing more than arguing about anything over the dinner table. :tongue:

being the youngest in a family of 5 kids

How are your cage fight skills?

I enjoy your posts.

I have said it before but I would like to see the debate section here used.

If used it would get used.

But then we would not get fifty pages out of these types of threads.

Alex

I and nobody else knows what you're saying.

You do yourself and the rest of us a disservice

We all know WHAT is being said

Analysing the SENSE of what is being said is the hard part

But since when has religion of any flavour been linked with sense?

The opposite also applies: God isn't, therefore I don't believe in God.

If the question is, why don't people believe in God, you're correct.
Why don't you question Alex on why God isn't? Or ask yourself. I bet your position is not different to Alex's.

ut you still haven't answered the question: Why are Santa Claus and the Easter Bunny different?

I have answered it.

Why do you think it's childish to believe in them but not to believe in God?

Because they aren't. God?

Jan.

Didn't the Catholic church have a thing going where you could pay some money to the church and that saved you from going to hell.

Sort of a user pay thing.

There is a movie being promoted on TV titled the young pope.
I would like to see it as so far it seems one will get to see something about the church, the dress seems interesting.

Another matter for a thread would be their beliefs and practice relating to saints.

Alex

Back