"Hello, is there anybody in there...?" A call to pagans, pantheists, and assorted...

Isn't that obvious by now?
Karma manifest (God)
Gaia (Goddess)
The dynamics in which the Trinity of the God, Goddess and Life interact and the synergistic effects of that interaction.
I may just be spiritually retarded or something.. sorry :(
Above just as an aside, I understand what you are saying here, only not why you call it god and goddess.

I understood.
I agree and think that's part of the beauty of personal beliefs and philosophies.
There is nothing objective about it.
It is all personal value judgements.
Agreed.

Karma, as I said, is nothing more than actions and the implied results or consequence of that action.
Think of each action as a pebble dropped into a pool and the consequential ripple that is created by it.
Each pebble creates a ripple.
Each ripple affects the other ripples.
Even a ripple's own echo can affect iself.
The water is the Goddess.
All the ripples combined and their relationships with one another is the God.
We (self-determined life) are sitting in tiny boats on the surface of the water, dropping pebbles and being thrust about by the waves.
Other life is swimming across the surface of the water, attempting to survive (and of course, every splach they make, has an effect on the whole system).

Does that make sense?
(this is not literal, of course)
It does make sense, thanks.
Actually this is precisely what I meant by "But when you throw in the butterfly-effect surely it is "everything" that "provides" the results of an action".
You may substitute "everthing" with "reality".. meh.. we just word it differently :)

Why do you feel the need to refer to these effects as god and goddess ?

Last edited:
In a way, what he's saying relates to a metaphor I heard once. That the Gods represents force, while the Goddesses represent form. Interaction between the two is necessary for existence as we know it.

In a way, what he's saying relates to a metaphor I heard once. That the Gods represents force, while the Goddesses represent form. Interaction between the two is necessary for existence as we know it.

Yes.
Similar.
Though I have never heard that.
Do you know the source of it?

Enmos,
First I want to adjust my analogy above. Yes, I am aware how silly it seems to be making an analogy of an analogy – or would that be an analogy of an allegory? Anyway…

Rather than us throwing rocks into the water, our ripples are being made by our oars, and while we do have the self-determination to row in the direction we want to go, we are, to one extent or another, at the mercy of the waves and currents.
Now that I got that out of the way (it’s been nagging at me) on your question:
Q. Why call it God?
A. Why not?

I need to give you a little history to answer the question…
I first cane up with an idea of the “Common Subconscious Force”, which I posted about on here quite a while ago – basically what I have been talking about without calling it God, without Gaia and without the Trinity.
A few years later, when trying to develop a character for a book, I realized that this idea of a Common Subconscious Force would appeal to him, so I looked further into the idea and tried to flesh it out a little better.
As I did that, I realized that this force had essentially all the qualities of common depictions of creator Gods – more specifically the popular depictions of the so-called “Judeo-Christian” God (so called, because I think that Jesus was not referring to the same God Moses was):
He cannot be seen by human eyes, but his presence is undeniable.
He is in all places at once, at all times.
He works in mysterious ways. There is none as subtle and graceful as he is. He can wholly control nearly every aspect of a person’s life, without that person even realizing his presence.
His power should be recognized, revered and respected - to deny his existence is folly at best. His power reaches into the deepest recesses of every person’s subconscious mind and exercises influence on all, regardless of faith or belief.
He can force the hands of people and turn the tides of fate. He cannot be stopped or contained. The sum of all humankind’s power combined cannot compare to him.
No one person can control him, but everyone can influence him - he knows the fears, wishes, glories and prayers of every person, and responds accordingly.
He is greater than the sum of the knowledge, wisdom, experience and emotions of everyone, past and present. There is nothing that happens that he does not know. There is nothing that has happened that he does not recall. His influence over the future is unfathomable. No future, however, is inevitable.
He has existed since before the dawn of humankind's consciousness. Long after the last human has expired, he will still exist.
Without him, we could not exist.
He has created, and continues to create, humankind in his own image.
Humankind has created, and continues to create, him in our own image.

In essence, this force was the equivalent of God.
As I looked further into the idea, I realized that this force is a male aspect and there is a female as well – the male places the seeds of action into the fertile female’s womb and she gives birth to create life.
I liked how this very neatly mirrored life experience.
Without mother earth and the father, life could not exist. Without God, the Goddess could not exist and vice versa. Without life, the mother would be barren and the father would be impotent. Each gives the other purpose and existence.
Also, as I said, I see the dynamic of the three aspects of the Trinity (karma manifest, Gaia and life) as something divine and worthy of reverence.
So, why not refer to them and deities?
Why not refer to it as divine?

It's interesting that they chose the male to be the physical and the femal to be the energy.
It seems to me that since the child grows within the mother and the father only plants the seed, the male would be the energy and the female would be the physical.
I'll have to read more on it.
Thanks again.

It's interesting that they chose the male to be the physical and the female to be the energy.
The Shiva/Shakti concept is a somewhat later development, with personified deities attached to it, and lots of poetry.

The older version of the concept in Indian philosophy is called Prakriti/Purusha.

Written about very extensively in modern times by the Indian mystic Sri Aurobindo.

Last edited:
The more information, the better.
Thanks.

What are you thoughts on what I have been saying (if you have read my posts)?

What are you thoughts on what I have been saying (if you have read my posts)?
I like the line where you write:

His influence over the future is unfathomable
No future however, is inevitable

The reason I mentioned Aurobindo is because some of your poetry sounds similar. In other words, if you met him in person there would be some instant affinity or recognition.

Sri_Aurobindo.jpg

Yes.
Similar.
Though I have never heard that.
Do you know the source of it?

Enmos,
First I want to adjust my analogy above. Yes, I am aware how silly it seems to be making an analogy of an analogy – or would that be an analogy of an allegory? Anyway…

Rather than us throwing rocks into the water, our ripples are being made by our oars, and while we do have the self-determination to row in the direction we want to go, we are, to one extent or another, at the mercy of the waves and currents.
Now that I got that out of the way (it’s been nagging at me) on your question:
Q. Why call it God?
A. Why not?

I need to give you a little history to answer the question…
I first cane up with an idea of the “Common Subconscious Force”, which I posted about on here quite a while ago – basically what I have been talking about without calling it God, without Gaia and without the Trinity.
A few years later, when trying to develop a character for a book, I realized that this idea of a Common Subconscious Force would appeal to him, so I looked further into the idea and tried to flesh it out a little better.
As I did that, I realized that this force had essentially all the qualities of common depictions of creator Gods – more specifically the popular depictions of the so-called “Judeo-Christian” God (so called, because I think that Jesus was not referring to the same God Moses was):
He cannot be seen by human eyes, but his presence is undeniable.
He is in all places at once, at all times.
He works in mysterious ways. There is none as subtle and graceful as he is. He can wholly control nearly every aspect of a person’s life, without that person even realizing his presence.
His power should be recognized, revered and respected - to deny his existence is folly at best. His power reaches into the deepest recesses of every person’s subconscious mind and exercises influence on all, regardless of faith or belief.
He can force the hands of people and turn the tides of fate. He cannot be stopped or contained. The sum of all humankind’s power combined cannot compare to him.
No one person can control him, but everyone can influence him - he knows the fears, wishes, glories and prayers of every person, and responds accordingly.
He is greater than the sum of the knowledge, wisdom, experience and emotions of everyone, past and present. There is nothing that happens that he does not know. There is nothing that has happened that he does not recall. His influence over the future is unfathomable. No future, however, is inevitable.
He has existed since before the dawn of humankind's consciousness. Long after the last human has expired, he will still exist.
Without him, we could not exist.
He has created, and continues to create, humankind in his own image.
Humankind has created, and continues to create, him in our own image.

In essence, this force was the equivalent of God.
As I looked further into the idea, I realized that this force is a male aspect and there is a female as well – the male places the seeds of action into the fertile female’s womb and she gives birth to create life.
I liked how this very neatly mirrored life experience.
Without mother earth and the father, life could not exist. Without God, the Goddess could not exist and vice versa. Without life, the mother would be barren and the father would be impotent. Each gives the other purpose and existence.
Also, as I said, I see the dynamic of the three aspects of the Trinity (karma manifest, Gaia and life) as something divine and worthy of reverence.
So, why not refer to them and deities?
Why not refer to it as divine?

Well there's nothing wrong with it if you wish to do so, but it's something that goes against my nature I guess.
Perhaps gods arose from philosophies like yours once by becoming anthropomorphized..
It that is the case, which seems very likely to me, than your are in the process of reducing your beliefs into two entities rather than a broad understanding of nature.

It that is the case, which seems very likely to me, than your are in the process of reducing your beliefs into two entities rather than a broad understanding of nature.
I prefer to think I am packaging my broad understanding of nature into an easy to understand and relate to allegory.

As long as you realize they are just that, allegory and poetry.. ;)
Of course people should realize that allegory is not intended to be taken literally, but is intened to reflect an underlying truth and wisdom.

Not if it is done correctly - it has quite the opposite effect.

Yea, but you know people.. ;)

It's like stories being passed orally over a timespan of centuries.. in the end no one knows what they were originally about.

Yea, but you know people.. ;)

It's like stories being passed orally over a timespan of centuries.. in the end no one knows what they were originally about.

I'm flattered.
You think my story will be told centuries from now?
I ahve created a new God mythos?

I guess that would be the ultimate proof of my idea. :)

Back