God does exist.

Originally posted by Daiel Hegarty
I believe that God exists. Do you not believe in him because of scence? Well you can believe anything you want but there is scientific evidence of Jesus, Noahs Ark, and alot more religeous happenings and people. Some of the most famous scolars like Einstein and Newton believe in God. If you don't believe because of science thnk about that. There has also been scientific proof of angels also.

thank you.

Your are so naive. How old are you? 4. :p .

Is this about God's existence?

K Dark

Firstly the 'my religion is better than yours crap' is unavoidable. That kind of rationale is everywhere. Atheists think their beliefs are correct; christians think theirs are; muslims; jews - and the list goes on. Christian doctrine states that all other religions are false in some kind of paraphrase - so it is unavoidable. What do athiests say about religion? - 'I don't believe there is a God crap' right? - and 'Religion is foolish crap' true? So we ALL fall into the trap of 'my WHATEVER - be it religion, race, belief, attire, etc. is better than yours craps'. Hey we all don't like it. It is the root of disagreement. Causes wars and deaths and all manner of abject situations. But one thing you CANNOT do is place this tendency totally on religionists. Everybody does it. Including YOU. It's human. We don't know everything so we are bound to have opinions. The only thing that will keep you from going crazy is faith. That's how you know what you say is right. Proof does it too. But we don't always have proof. Look at Bioethics - then you'll know what I'm getting at. You just have to face reality Dark. Such 'my crap is better than your crap' craps are a fact of life - even if religions didn't exist.

The more logical Luke through his gospel shows that he is more theological then Mark and Matthew, universalism, everyone can be saved and everyone should live in peace. You saying that God wants you to tell others the right thing is very similiar to self-glorification, that doesn't tell people specifically how people to live in peace?! Again people would misinterpret that, a MISTAKE many do with the Bible, interpretation. Let me ask you this, what is the right thing to you? Everyone being a Christian? That would be arrogance if one was to say that.

Wow. That statement illustrates your ignorance where Christianity is concerned. Christianity is what you call a missionary religion - You go around and tell people about it. Firstly you know what the message of the Gospels are? - that we should spread them. So I don't see how on earth you're going to spread the gospel if you don't tell people about it. And that is not self glorification - that is exaltation of the Lord and Saviour of ALL Jesus Christ. Of course everyone can be saved. But I'm sure Luke made it clear that you need to accept Jesus as your Lord and Saviour. And to do that you need to know about him and to know about him you need to find out. To find out you have to get the info from a source right? That statement about self glorification is quite narrow - it has no valid point - I see it as an attack on my person.

God is always revealing himself. Without faith you can't see it. He doesn't do it as I said before 'as plain as the noonday sun'. You are right. I sometimes wonder why he doesn't just do that but I addressed that already - I dislike being redundant.

Uh huh, yeahhh, so this is your basis to conclude the world would be a boring place??? :rolleyes: It is like backing upon God in a argument with evolution.

I still don't get the above. Can you explain it better please?:confused:

Denominations I think are one way the Devil is trying to turn God's people against each other. I consider myself a believer in Christ as the Son of God the Father of the Trinity - saviour, creator, sustainer - infinite. I go to a church - but I am not into occultisation. I am a chrisitian. That's it. I don't give one hell of a crap about denomination. Sad to see it though. No matter. The church is described using the anotomy as an analogue. Too bad SOME people still can't see it and just work together.

What other interpretation of God is there? And the human interpretation is what is important to humans wouldn't you say Dark?

Think about it - Lata;)

Last edited:
Re: Is this about God's existence?

Originally posted by MarcAC
K Dark

Firstly the 'my religion is better than yours crap' is unavoidable. That kind of rationale is everywhere. Atheists think their beliefs are correct; christians think theirs are; muslims; jews - and the list goes on. Christian doctrine states that all other religions are false in some kind of paraphrase - so it is unavoidable. What do athiests say about religion? - 'I don't believe there is a God crap' right? - and 'Religion is foolish crap' true? So we ALL fall into the trap of 'my WHATEVER - be it religion, race, belief, attire, etc. is better than yours craps'. Hey we all don't like it. It is the root of disagreement. Causes wars and deaths and all manner of abject situations. But one thing you CANNOT do is place this tendency totally on religionists. Everybody does it. Including YOU. It's human. We don't know everything so we are bound to have opinions. The only thing that will keep you from going crazy is faith. That's how you know what you say is right. Proof does it too. But we don't always have proof. Look at Bioethics - then you'll know what I'm getting at. You just have to face reality Dark. Such 'my crap is better than your crap' craps are a fact of life - even if religions didn't exist.

Think about it - Lata;)

Mark, when I first read yur post, i thought to myself, Wow, I finally saw a normal atheist with common sense who has brain cells. LOL, but then later on I figured u were a christian, awww...sadly I still havent found an atheist thats NORMAL. You are right (its common sense) human race has been at this situation, but atheist whos lacking huge chunk of their brain cells, and lacks common sense thinks that being a christian makes u commit mistakes, of course everyone does, so how about if yur an atheist you then dnt make mistakes? Like the killer Stalin in Russia, what about the killing fields of cambodia where millions where slaughtered by atheistis communist leader Pol-pot?, then they say "we are brainwashed", look whos talking? whos brainwashed here?

Note: I stil havent found ONE atheist who have common sense and normal judgment like u Mark, sadly, there has to be a devil, because atheism exist...

One more thing, there are some people (like axonio98) who says "I was once into the church and all when I was young, but now I grew up", meaning he was into the church but maturity made him realize it is just all superstitious, comparing it to Santa Claus or toothfairy with magic wand.<--- This is where the weakness fall and why many people are dragged in hell, because they take things as it is given to them by others non-believers, and the world without researching what the world taught them of "superstitious"..

It is not the you grew mature that you left the church. It is because you grew mature and found other things interesting that u left the church. Take marriage for example, at first it is fresh, but later on fights and disputes are on its way (as the world is giving it to u against christianity) unless u attempt to work things out through that, the marriage will not work and will fall apart.
Thats why unless u work through yur important values and moral virtues, the roots of yur faith, christianity, you will become atheist in a long run, not that science or biology proved christianity wrong becuz it doesnt but helps it actually, but u become atheist because u lost interest and u dont want to be chastity, respectfull, patient, but instead to do whatever u want without having a conscience reminding u of right from wrong, thats usually the reason why people bcome atheist.

President Bush believes in God, is he immature? As an atheist i know u will say yes, but who holds the position? hahaha, not you, brainless guy. Senators, Congress, scientist, brain surgeons, world leaders, priest, nuns, theologians, world leaders, many many believers of God, all immature? Nope, u know whats funny? Most people I know who doesnt accept God are usually the immatures and the ones who cant act responsibly but always gets into drugs and trouble becus no conscience holds them back from doing what they want to do, as long as they dont get caught, they will do it. (I know quite a few weirdos, ohh i mean atheist).
If there were no virtues, no moral guidelines, the world will be all about survival-to-the fittest and will have no self control but be like animals who only crave to self satisfaction. Everyone will kill for food, everyone will steal for food if they r really hungry, everyone will do whatever they can to satisfy themselves, the world will be uncivilized if it wasnt for laws we set and virtues and moral guidelines which is from the church (historically speaking). I was in monastery for 10 days, prayed many hours, it was hard, nothing pleasurable about it, then when I get home, the struggle is even worst because now I have to apply the virtues I learned in school, so there is nothing pleasurable about what Im doping, but Im doing it for the love of God and huumanity, this is my commitment. Frencheneez is stupid when she says "IT IS ONLY BECAUSE IT FEELS GOOD THE REASON WHY YOU FOLLOW THE VIRTUES". AS I WAS SAYING, I STILL HAVENT MET ONE ATHEIST WHO ARE NORMAL AND WITH COMON SENSE, EVERY ATHEIST I ENCOUNTERED SO FAR HAS STRANGE JUDGMENT, IN OTHER WORDS, NOT NORMAL.

Does God Exist?

Nice to c u back muscleman. I noticed the rejoicing when it appeared u left. So I tried to carry the torch for a while.

I'll reserve my judgment where atheists being abnormal are concerned.

But I wonder if science will ever, ever probe the origins of human concience, love itself.

Why not just kill as many humans as possible and just leave the world for you and your friends?

I have always wondered if any atheist has actually experienced love or for that matter a conscience.

May I present the invitation for you to identify yourself [any atheist who has ever experienced love or your conscience].

Then can you explain to me what you think their origins are, please?

Mark as far as I know, humans are no different than animals in a physical sense, but we are in a higher level. High in a sense that our intelligence is higher.

God "formed" man out of the earth, whether that took millions of years as carbon dated from singled cell life form, from ape looking homo-habilis, or thousands from cavemans or homo-erectus, whatever the theory is it doesnt matter, we evolved and "formed" to what we are today, 6000 yrs ago God revealed Himself to Adam and Eve, the first God and man contact, the church was born...

Dogs, cats, orangutan, etc. are capable of emotions or even what we call "conscience", when u correct a dog, at some point the dog will learn fear and have developed disciplinary actions. The dog may have emotions which u consider as love, I know my dog will moan when he missed me, and rejoices to see me.

What makes us in the image of God, is our high intelligence, high enough to the point that we can be formed by "WORDS", as Jesus is the word incarnate, "My WORDS are spirit and life"- Jesus. WOrds disciplines you, the mind is the seat of wisdom.

Now some people's conscience who are born in the ghetto tells them that it's ok to kill and rape, thats the WORD outside of virtues. Some people's conscience find abortion to be ok. The church forms our conscience, thats where Jesus WORDS come in effect, outside of God's word is where the thieves, the perverts, the greedy kids, the brainless (guess who?) and outsiders will form your conscience. "Whoever is the friend of the world is the enemy of God".

Our intelligence is high enough that we can make clear judgments, self decision, and can have options in life, animals dont have that level of intelligence. Our intelligence is high enough that we can dominate any known creatures on earth, like God as we are created in His image.

What makes us different from other creatures again? The image of God, what will that be once again?

1.) High intelligence, which causes us to dominate all the inhabitants on planet earth, like God. "Not by power nor by Will but by Spirit", its not the physical size that can conquer, it is the spirit from within, your devotion, perseverance, as a result in higher intelligence...

2.) Soul. (Proof of soul? Poltergeist, super natural investigation, the paranormal other scientist investigated. Is it coincidence that all parts of the world, all cultures, all human race believes of ghost? Are they all lying? or is it because it has been encountered, even today...)

I have mentioned this b4 but I must say this again, everything that is living has a soul that gives it life, rocks, plants, vegetables, animals, dogs, etc. But their soul is expirable, only humans have a soul which is eternal, for God unites his spirit with us, the breathe of life, as we are the image of God. Thats why whether yur buddhist or christians, human race testifies reported signs of the paranormal, haunted houses, to ghosts, vision of soldiers walking then disappeared, etc.

I Think this is it

No posts other than urs muscleman

It seems the atheists have conceded.

I have to admit... 31 pages of lengthy discussion and bashing and abashing and infuriating... it's about time. This is a never ending thread; noone can 'win' an argument here. Everyone will have rebuttals. Some of them less rational than others. Some totally ridiculous.

Your views on the soul and stuff, muscleman, are interesting. I need to investigate further before I comment. If I weren't a Christian it would be pretty hard for me to accept the existence of ghosts without me seeing one.

Anyways Lata.

Marc

If I weren't a Christian it would be pretty hard for me to accept the existence of ghosts without me seeing one.

Rather contradictory, don't ya think ?

Or was it sarcasm ? ;)

FYI - Non-Christians also have a hard time accepting the existence of ghosts. Just thought you should know. :)

Thanks for the info Q

Originally posted by (Q)
Marc

If I weren't a Christian it would be pretty hard for me to accept the existence of ghosts without me seeing one.

Rather contradictory, don't ya think ?

Or was it sarcasm ? ;)

FYI - Non-Christians also have a hard time accepting the existence of ghosts. Just thought you should know. :)

Can you please explain the contradiction. No sarcasm.

Non christians *also*??? I didn't say christians had a hard time accepting the existence of Ghosts. They shouldn't. It depends on your definition of a ghost. Is it a supernatural being which takes the from of a dead person... OR A dead person who has returned? See the diff. A christian should take the former. Jesus said after you die you have nothing else to do with this world.

Thank's for the info.:) You actually contributed to my point.;)

Sorry this one had me chuckling a bit :D

The prize

It seems the atheists have conceded.
It would be the smartest thing to do. Our atheists, I'm told, are more intelligent than this topic allows, so I'm hoping they'll move on to better topics.
99 dreams I have had.
In every one a red balloon.
It's all over and I'm standing pretty.
In this dust that was a city.
If I could find a souvenier.
Just to prove the world was here.
And here is a red balloon
I think of you and let it go.
(Nena, "99 Red Balloons")
thanx,
Tiassa :cool:

Marc

So you've seen Christ ? Or was it that someone else told you he existed ?

It depends on your definition of a ghost. Is it a supernatural being which takes the from of a dead person... OR A dead person who has returned?

Neither, it is something which appears in peoples imaginations.

A christian should take the former

That figures.

Jesus said after you die you have nothing else to do with this world.

Aside from providing a huge party for the little wormies, correct.

hoope u don't make mistakes like that often

Like what ?

Mark, as a strong christian, the church has taught us that souls after death will have nothing to do on earth, your right Jesus did say that. However, the punishment for man (Hell) is simply to become a wanderer on earth, as the same punishment was given to Cain when he murdered his brother Abel.
The church doesnt believe in Ghost, for it is taught that when a person dies, his soul shouldnt remain on earth but be taken to heaven, or purgatory, or hell. The church teaches that those phenomenon, we call "ghost" are actually spirits of the dead, evil spirits or good spirits (angels), taking a form of human. Just like the angels that was sent by God to punish Sodom and Gomorrah, the devil can do the same.

Since I havent researched this myself, I question whether such "spirits" are souls in purgatory, or souls in hell.

Originally posted by (Q)
Marc

So you've seen Christ ? Or was it that someone else told you he existed ?

It depends on your definition of a ghost. Is it a supernatural being which takes the from of a dead person... OR A dead person who has returned?

Neither, it is something which appears in peoples imaginations.

A christian should take the former

That figures.

Jesus said after you die you have nothing else to do with this world.

Aside from providing a huge party for the little wormies, correct.

hoope u don't make mistakes like that often

Like what ?

Is it that you are not one of the inelligent atheists that have moved along to other topics? I would advise you to; u are embarrassing your clique.

That up there is a STRAAANGE question. Not an explanation.

That's how u define it. Good.

O.k. 1547 posts. I will not respond to anymore of your posts until you post something worthy of a response.

Numbers don't say much huh?

Lata

Proof in the existance of God

God does exist but in what form I've yet to discover. If you want to know how I came to this conclusion read up on Thomas Aquinus' (i think thats how you spell it) First cause Theory.

Re: The prize

Originally posted by tiassa
It would be the smartest thing to do. Our atheists, I'm told, are more intelligent than this topic allows, so I'm hoping they'll move on to better topics.thanx,
Tiassa :cool:

I agree - it would be intelligent not to argue about God's existence.

The statement about atheists being 'more intelligent than this topic alows' is overly terse. It says a lot but it doesn't say much. I would prefer a more lengthy explanation.

Another thing 'Our[*] atheists'? Who are you, the devil?

Would you believe that religion actually defines atheism? Interesting isn't it? I wonder if refuting religious beliefs actually consume an atheist's life? That must be tough though; actually owing your definition to the element you despise the most. [No metaphor intended - you know like not believing in God, who actually created you?].

I reserve my judgment on the 'atheist being more intelligent than the topic allows'. Interestingly I can't disagree. And yet I can't agree. Yeah that one really stomped me.:)

Lata.

Last edited:
Lets put all this religion and topic of God beside for once and look into atheist claim.

1.) You claim God is a myth, well prove your claim, since u cant, then shut your hole.

2.) You claim atheist are intelligent, well prove it and show me intelligent proof there is no God, otherwise shut your hole.

3.) You claim that atheist people are smarter than christian kind. Well prove it and show Universities (educational purpose) that are founded by Atheist. Show congress, republicans, democrats, presidents, world leaders that are atheist, SHOW ME ONE, SHOW ME, LIVING OR DEAD, SHOW ME ONE, and since u cant prove your claim, then shut your hole.
Fact= 1.) 99% of Universities are founded, by christians, Princeton, harvard, stanford, GeorgiaTown, etc..
Fact= 2.) I have not heard of 1 University founded by an atheist, therefore atheist get their educational background from us, using our knowledge against us.

What are there left for atheist?

NONE...Wait, I forgot there is one left for atheist. It is called "COMPULSIVE LYING", thats it, therefore all other atheistic claims are lies, one after another...

One more thing, atheist people, the proof of yoour claim which is called "Super Luck" or "Supeer Chance" is NOT an intelligent thing to say, do better than that ok? I doubt it if u can, but try kids.
And your "Freewill is a myth and we all abide by the law without our controll" calling it "simple laws of physics" DOES NOT HAVE ANY EVIDENCE AND PROOF, SUCH THEORY IS A LIE, FRENCHENEEZ, FACE IT, I HAVE JUDGMENT, I HAVE FREEWILL, AND SO DO YOU, SO DONT LIE AND SAY I DONT, HUMAN BRAIN IS NOT A PIECE OF WOOD OR COPPER, GET IT? STOP LYING, YOUR A BAD EXAMPLE OF AN ATHEIST (funny cuz I havent found 1 good example of an atheist yet).

note: Anyone can make claims, anyone can make a theory, I know I can, Bush can, you can even make a theory that blacks are 1/3 human, not fully human, as was the law back in the days and it was legal to hang blacks. THEORIES ARE EASY, I HAVE A THEORY, THAT ATHEIST ARE RETARDS, WELL THATS ANOTHER THEORY RIGHT THERE, HOWEVER DO I HAVE SUBSTANTIAL PROOF OF MY CLAIM? I CAN MAKE THAT UP AS WELL, I CAN STATE EVIDENCE THAT ATHEIST ARE RETARDS, CONSIDERING THE FACT THAT THEY CANT UNDERSTAND THE WORD THATS COMING OUT OF MY MOUTH I SAID "I AGREE WITH EVOLUTION" SO MANY TIMES AND THEY CANT HEAR ME, (MOST) SOME DID. I CAN STATE AND GIVE OTHER SO-CALLED "SCIENTIFIC EVIDENCE" THAT ATHEIST ARE RETARDS, BUT THEN AGAIN, THIS IS JUST ANOTHER THEORY, ANYONE CAN MAKE A THEORY. MAYBE THEY ARE DUMB, BUT CAN I PROVE TO THE POINT OF RETARDATION? MAYBE THEY ARE LYING, BUT CAN I PROVE TO THE POINT OF COMPULSIVE LIAR? ANYONE CAN MAKE THEORIES, THATS MY POINT. YOU CAN SAY THE SAME ABOUT CHRISTIANITY AS WELL, YOU CAN ALSO GENERALIZE, AS I HAVE DONE HERE WITH ATHEIST. MAYBE YOU ARE JUST IGNORANT, I DONT KNOW, BUT THE BOTTOM LINE HERE IS THAT THEORIES NEED SUBSTANCIAL EVIDENCE, OTHERWISE, SHUT YOUR HOLE, OK KIDS....

theres even a theory right now that babies in the womb are not human, from 1st trimester to 3rd trimester, even 9 months old aint human but a blob of tissue. Others stressed that as a scientific fact, thats why it is legal to abort kids, it is a CIVIL RIGHTS. Humanist and atheist pushes this, they also like gays, lesbian, and help others commit suicide if their life sucks, calling it "euthanasia". Theres so many theories....

Think about it....Why is babies hot human according to atheist and humanist? (generally speaking), because the law states that if they are legally considered human, then they will be given "human rights" therefore you cannot legally kill them anymore, so they have to lie and say "it is just a blob of tissue". Euthanasia, I dont even want to comment on this.

Atheism....DIE ATHEISM DIE!!! (lol) no but IIm serious, u guys are jacked up in the head....

Back