God did not create heaven and earth.

he created a human day (24 hours). he would say it was created in whatever thousand days and not 5,6,7,8 days. it does say that in all three religions so i am not singling out any specific religions.

if my day alone equals three years and i tell everyone i will do something in a day but i do it in three years it wouldn't be right.

Last edited:
John,
Our day is based on hw long it takes for the earth to rotate once, correct?
If Allah existed before earth did, why would you assume that his days are the same length as ours?

what specifically does it say?

one_raven, quote the original text.

he created a human day (24 hours). he would say it was created in whatever thousand days and not 5,6,7,8 days. it does say that in all three religions so i am not singling out any specific religions.

if my day alone equals three years and i tell everyone i will do something in a day but i do it in three years it wouldn't be right.
Yes, very valid question John. Let me put it this way;
Say your 1 day is not called a "day", but 1 "laplace" instead? And one laplace is indescribable to a civilization called "Razkin's" because they can't fathom how one laplace is measured? Much like how I described how "1 second" is defined in actuallity. Now you have to make these Razkin's understand the measure of "change" (time) relative to their own understanding. Say the Razkin's also had the same concept of 1 day as we Human's do. So how would you put it to them in a way they can understand? Well, you would need to describe it within their own frame of knowledge (which in this case is Solar days). Still... the Razkin's wouldn't be able to fathom how your 1 laplace works and is very complex, so you tell them basically that "one of "your days" is equivalent to the Razkin's 1000 solar years".

I hope that made it easier to understand? I hope?:D;) Just let me know if you didn't buddy.:)

:)

but it says 7 or 8 days, i am not sure which or if there is an extra day. we are just going to go back and forth here though.
That would depend on the religion. In the Bible (correct me if I'm wrong please?) it says God created it all in 6 days and on the 7th day He rested (why He would need rest is beyond me:confused:).

The Torah speaks of seven days of creation not six. Even though the Church Fathers separated the seventh day of creation from the previous six, from a literary perspective, the whole subject is one unit. The Torah wants to understand that that Shabbat is the climax of Creation. People often just see nature but don’t appreciate it. The Torah's description of Creation enables us to see the godliness behind it. Shabbat reminds us of God's design of the universe and gives us a spiritual dimension to our daily existence. (source)

Apparently, the notion that God created heaven and Earth is based on a mistranslation.
The word 'bara' had always been taken to mean 'create', but now an expert on the Old Testament, Ellen van Wolde, says that it actually means 'spacial separation'.

ARTICLE: http://www.dutchnews.nl/news/archives/2009/10/god_separated_heaven_and_earth.php

Your thoughts? And what does this mean to, and for, religious people?

Maybe. ברא is the word you're talking about, it's the second word. It's most often translated as "Create". But the breaking up the word you can have it say "רא" "see" and "ב" in. So it could be "in sight" or "with sight". Though they have identical implications in Hebrew.

i think god is law and a part of all things. who created law and all things according to it and when? i don't know. honestly, i don't care. why would i?

So you are calling the laws of nature god? Ok, then..

But it means that god did not create the universe, not even according to the bible.

Not it doesn't.

It just kind of changes the meaning in English a little.
instead of...
"In the beginning God created the heavens and the earth"
it's...
"In the beginning God brought into site the heavens and the earth"

If God and potential always existed, God didn't create everything - nobody did.
Think of a little kid in a sandbox building things from sand.
He creates his own world, but started with a box full of sand.

Then what's the need for God? Assuming for a moment that God is at least as complex as a human, how could it have always existed?
And if potential always existed, God didn't do, and doesn't do, shit.
Finally, wouldn't it be less presumptuous to hold that the universe itself always existed in one form or another? In fact, that is a truth no one can deny.

Not it doesn't.

It just kind of changes the meaning in English a little.
instead of...
"In the beginning God created the heavens and the earth"
it's...
"In the beginning God brought into site the heavens and the earth"

"In the beginning God separated heaven and earth"
So something already existed that was both heaven and earth in one.

M*W: I never said I didn't have a higher power other than my own volition. To me, humanity as a whole is a higher power to myself alone. Knowledge is a higher power. Strong survival instincts is definitely a higher power. Love is a higher power. Sex and intimacy is right up there too, but let's not forget air, water and food. I find poetry and music to be higher powers. The list is actually endless, but I do not find any god on it.

You are getting soft, MW :p

John,
Our day is based on hw long it takes for the earth to rotate once, correct?
If Allah existed before earth did, why would you assume that his days are the same length as ours?
What would his 'day' be based on, and how did the people who wrote about it know?

Maybe. ברא is the word you're talking about, it's the second word. It's most often translated as "Create". But the breaking up the word you can have it say "רא" "see" and "ב" in. So it could be "in sight" or "with sight". Though they have identical implications in Hebrew.

This is about the word 'bara'. I have no other info right now.

Back