God did not create heaven and earth.

the God of the Tanakh.

doesnt matter. he made the statement:

"God did not create heaven and earth." another problem is the use of the word 'heaven'.

no matter what the truth is whatever was responsible for the solar system IS GOD. Does it matter what name you call it?

doesnt matter. he made the statement:

"God did not create heaven and earth." another problem is the use of the word 'heaven'.

no matter what the truth is whatever was responsible for the solar system IS GOD. Does it matter what name you call it?

In this context, yes - absolutley.
What she was doing was looking at a translation of a word in the Bible that has been assumed to be one thing for possibly as much as a few thousand years and is now claiming that translation was incorrect.
It matters a great deal.
She is not stating this is the physical reality of the creation or that is - simply that this translation is wrong.
So yes, it means absolutely EVERYTHING what you call it in this situation.

they would have an interest in it, but it wouldnt 'matter' at all. atheist use the term God all the time, even to describe some humans.

I can tell you that I have no belief in any cognizant God at all and it matters quite a bit to me, because I have have a great deal of interest in religious studies. How could you possibly understand the religion if you do not understand what was intended by the text?

If God and potential always existed, God didn't create everything - nobody did.
Think of a little kid in a sandbox building things from sand.
He creates his own world, but started with a box full of sand.

Yes this would be true but the child came from some where some time some place as well as the sand it all so has to follow the same rules.

Not if the child and sand always existed.

Yes this could be the case but they had to come from some where is what I am saying nothing just appears all matter comes from some where. And yes if there is a god it would be comprised of matter of some description it would have to be. And as we know matter is just energy transformed.

Yes this could be the case but they had to come from some where is what I am saying nothing just appears all matter comes from some where. And yes if there is a god it would be comprised of matter of some description it would have to be. And as we know matter is just energy transformed.

But if it always existed it did not "come from" anywhere.
Always would imply there was no beginning - there was no before - there was no creation - there was never nothingness.

Back