Friends getting religious

Er we have? I can give your viewpoint quite adequately and I see no confusion with cancer as a part of the evolutionary process of metabolism. I have no problem with my faith.

Perhaps you need to examine what your ideas of God are and why they are so irrational.:D

No, I'm simply stating what theists say. You're the one who has a bit of an odd spin on their religion.

“ Originally Posted by StrangerInAStrangeLa
I am much more loving than your god. ”

Then shouldn't you be out there doing something more worthwhile? Like finding the cure for cancer? :spank:

Why do you think you know what worthwhile things I do or don't?

No, I'm simply stating what theists say. You're the one who has a bit of an odd spin on their religion.

What theists? Do you hear other theists in your head in this thread, beside Lori and me? Are you having this conversation with other people besides us?

What theists? Do you hear other theists in your head in this thread, beside Lori and me? Are you having this conversation with other people besides us?

What theists? Are you serious?

Wow. Welcome back to the ignore list! :bugeye:

“ Originally Posted by JDawg
No, I'm simply stating what theists say. You're the one who has a bit of an odd spin on their religion. ”

Do you or do you not believe in a benevolent omniscient omnipotent god?

Originally Posted by S.A.M.
Then shouldn't you be out there doing something more worthwhile? Like finding the cure for cancer?

Then shouldn't you be out there doing something more worthwhile? Like finding the cure for cancer?

Apparently that isn't a logical thing to do, otherwise your benevolent omniscient omnipotent god would have taken care of it already, right?

Apparently that isn't a logical thing to do, otherwise your benevolent omniscient omnipotent god would have taken care of it already, right?

Yeah, but people want to feel like they are being useful. So why not?

Originally Posted by S.A.M.

Lets just say I live in a country where whiners like you are relatively irrelevant.

People criticize me for not giving myself enough me time & doing for others too much, you ignorant arrogant "all knowing" accusing assuming ass.
There are people who'd tell you they'd be worse off without me around. I'd like to see you tell them I'm irrelevant.

So that means he doesn't care about us as individuals.

Well, you don't live in a bubble, subject to different law than someone else. I don't think he's playing favorites if that's what you mean. And if you're asking if he's sympathetic towards one or another, based on my own experience and from what I've observed generally, I'd have to say no.

There's no meaning in it.
It is much more ugly than beautiful. It is definitely far from perfect.
What is it accomplishing & how can the universe accomplish anything???

Are you kidding?! Science and art and math and love and innocence! The human body alone is a wonder beyond compare. Shame the way we pollute it and abuse it and cage it.

It is far from perfect though. The things we do. But the law...the law is perfect. The problem is transgression. Now we are experiencing, testing, learning. Some of us have and will learn enough to want to change and to realize we can't do it alone.

Back