Finally a honest guy on death row

I'm certain that you know.
Think about it for a while, say 24 hours. Talk to you then

Wrong about the death penalty? Firstly, there is no right and wrong in opinion, and secondly, it is my personal belief that, although sometimes it is unfortunate that innocence suffer, criminals must pay and justice must be served.

I'll just say this: if there's no right and wrong, who are you to sentence people to death for what they've done ?
I wont be answering any reply of yours.

As I said before, innocent people deserve to live more than guilty people deserve to die.

Then let's stop the prison system. Oh wait, but we won't.

Norse, are you on something? You seem to be evading logic however hard it tries to find you. The prison system doesn't kill people.

In fact, prisons accept that the judical system has flaws. Think about it - we live in a democratic society, and not everyone (in the UK, less than half want the dp) feels about criminals in the way you do.

You continually call life imprisonment a 'harsh punishment'. Yes - it is. I don't think any pro-cp debaters can dismiss that.

And more than once you have compared it to the Death Penalty asking 'what's the difference?'.

Based on that alone - you have defeated your own point. The DP is harsh and takes away the part of a person's life that counts. However, it is reversible. The DP, as we all know, is frighteningly not.

You may dismiss those who die innocently, but the rest of us don't.

I think that life imprisonment is a much more cruel punishment than death penalty. so if you really want the justice system to be about revenge (justice), remove the death penalty.

I think that life imprisonment is a much more cruel punishment than death penalty. so if you really want the justice system to be about revenge (justice), remove the death penalty.

Just ask the criminal then.. if he/she wants to die I have no problem with it.

Norse, are you on something? You seem to be evading logic however hard it tries to find you. The prison system doesn't kill people.

In fact, prisons accept that the judical system has flaws. Think about it - we live in a democratic society, and not everyone (in the UK, less than half want the dp) feels about criminals in the way you do.

You continually call life imprisonment a 'harsh punishment'. Yes - it is. I don't think any pro-cp debaters can dismiss that.

And more than once you have compared it to the Death Penalty asking 'what's the difference?'.

Based on that alone - you have defeated your own point. The DP is harsh and takes away the part of a person's life that counts. However, it is reversible. The DP, as we all know, is frighteningly not.

You may dismiss those who die innocently, but the rest of us don't.
Therefore, ensuring criminals pay is worth the small risk of innocent suffering. They'll suffer either way. We can't excuse criminals, however.

It would be......if it wasn't for them getting far too many luxuries.

If you give them a cold, bare steel room, no windows, just themselves, and feed them crap every day, and don't ever let them out.....then that's a punishment.

There is no way life prison is harsher than a death sentence. With a death sentence, you're left to stew in your cell, knowing you're going to die, for years and years, every now and then watching another prisoner you might have gotten to know being taken away for execution.

Norse, I don't need to see another thread by you. I've read it anyway.

My argument stands.

EDIT: my personal opinion stands, the "which is worse" question is a matter of personal preference in this matter.

Your argument is defensive of criminals. As I said, it doesn't matter how we treat them, they are criminals, and some are extremely heinous, and secondly, life in prison is a barbaric concept.

Your argument is defensive of criminals. As I said, it doesn't matter how we treat them, they are criminals, and some are extremely heinous, and secondly, life in prison is a barbaric concept.

Are you that simplistic in your thoughts that you actually believe I'm defending criminals? Can you not see any grey areas? Can you not think in more than one direction?

Are you that simplistic in your thoughts that you actually believe I'm defending criminals? Can you not see any grey areas? Can you not think in more than one direction?

I most certainly can and do. In your post about it being harsh, however, unless you are specifically defending the criminals, it's irrelevant to mention how "harsh" the death penalty is.

I most certainly can and do.

I beg to differ in that opinion.

In your post about it being harsh, however, unless you are specifically defending the criminals, it's irrelevant to mention how "harsh" the death penalty is.

No it isn't irrelevant for 2 reasons:

1. criminals are still human, and no matter how despicable they are, they do not suddenly stop having feelings and pain. Therefore it's relevant how harsh a sentence is - otherwise there would BE no difference in sentencing.

2. the recent question between members of "which is worse" came up - I answered. Simple as that.

I beg to differ in that opinion.
I could say the same of you

No it isn't irrelevant for 2 reasons:

1. criminals are still human, and no matter how despicable they are, they do not suddenly stop having feelings and pain. Therefore it's relevant how harsh a sentence is - otherwise there would BE no difference in sentencing.
They are humans. Guilty humans. Evil humans, that deserve to be punished.

Therefore, ensuring criminals pay is worth the small risk of innocent suffering. They'll suffer either way. We can't excuse criminals, however.

In prison there is hope of being proven innocent; hope to cling onto for your long years. If you're sitting on Old Sparky there is no hope - it is ten times worse than your terrible nightmare.

In prison there is hope of being proven innocent; hope to cling onto for your long years. If you're sitting on Old Sparky there is no hope - it is ten times worse than your terrible nightmare.
It is either unacceptable entirely for any innocent suffering whatsoever, or we all agree that, while unfortunate, criminals must be brought to justice for their crimes.
Norse, you're relapsing.

How so?

Back