End of Ice Age

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not at all nifty, because it is etymologically incorrect and based off fictional personages recorded in a mythic account plagirized by the superior Sumerian.

Moreover, the one standing stone I just was able to find about Kutch, is on an island, and is basically a mound which is held to be a guardian deity.

James, ICe age civs wants us to do all his work for him. He's the one saying he is correct, its up to him to provide data.
If you give me an url on the baumgarten thing, I'll have a look at it. I did some geology at uni and have some books lying around.

The polar icecaps have much volcanic ash, the volcanos were rocking during the Ice Age, much isostatic adjustment to the overburden of the then growing Ice Age icepacks, and readjustment when they melted.

Tree rings do reflect periods of more and less growth, not years.

Ok. Where specifically was the volcanism that distorted the C-14 dating, what evidence is there and how is this volcanism itself dated? I was not aware of an increase in volcanism around 4000 years ago. Is there an increase in CO2 coincident with the ash layers you speak of? Do you have a reference? What do you think of calibration of C-14 dates against varves, which themselves can record many thousands of years'-worth of climatological history?

Also, to clarify, are you saying that many tree rings can form in a single year, thus misleading chronologists? Do you think that there could consistently be two or more wet periods in each year so as to squeeze an apparent 10,000 years'-worth of rings into an actual 4000 years or less?

Additionally, IceAgeCivilizations, I am very interested to hear about the continental-scale flood sediments - their nature, and at which sites they are represented.

I realise the thread has moved on from this topic, IceAgeCivilizations, but I never really got proper answers, so I've posted again. On the subject of the Himalayas, two questions immediately present themselves to me:

1. If the mountains were formed from still-unconsolidated sediment, slump and flow structures ought to abound. Do you have any examples of these?

2. How have the igneous rocks been intruded and crystallized so quickly, given the time necessary for such coarse textures to form?

Varves are not necessarily annual either.

At current erosion rates, all the continental rocks above sea level should have eroded into the sea, at current erosion rates, in less than 15 million years, so none of the volcanoes, or any mountains, are older than that.

That you are picking up some random stuff you read places.
Yes, varves are not necessarily annual. But to make your case your going to have to point to some that arent that are currently thought not to be, or that bolster your case for a catastrophe.
Do I have to do your arguing for you?

No, that just means that not all varves are annual, like not all tree rings are annual. But if you wish to suggest that some specific tree rings, such as Bristlecone pines, are not annual, your going to have to cite some specific evidence.
Same with varves- which varve sequence do you think is wrong?

OK, are you saying that ALL varves are not annual, or are some varves annual, and some not?

OK, so we're back to your lack of evidence for whatever point you are trying to make. What was your aim again?

So what was the supposed "last destruction of mankind" after Atlantis went under?

The story Plato heard was after being passed down orally for at least layers of renderings, and who knows what liberties the Egyptians took with the story, since everybody back then wanted to be oldest and best (like today), and Atlantis was inside and outside of the Straits of Hercules, it wasn't just an island, so there ya go.

Seek, and ye shall find, prince, try googling: submerged/underwater megaliths Gibraltar, Spain, Lixus, Morocco, Malta, Greece, Egypt, Yarmuta, Sidon, Lebanon, Okinawa, Yonaguni, Ryuku Islands, Dwarka, Kumari Kandam, Mahabalipuram, Gulf of Cambay, and Gulf of Cambay.

And Visitor, Thule Land was the Atlantean coastal empire of the east Atlantic which went under circa 1500 B.C., when the Ice Age ended.

That's not how it works.

You provide us with evidence. You're making a claim which has no evidence. No one has seen any evidence. All you have are teh intranets!! and crackpots who do your 'work' for you.

Give one link, just one single link about your crazy.
What, you can't?
Because you're wrong?

Knew it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back