Dear Believers, prove your god or gods is/aren't just fiction(s).

10% trust at best.
I really need to read the Pauline letters, and other books I have forgotten but disregarded them back then. Last time I read any new testament , was when I read the bible from Genesis to Revelations. Other than Mark, Luke and John none of the books flowed like they all did in the old testament.

I will say one word, don't be offended its just a statement for all atheists who don't believe the bible is a historical book. Nonsense.
A couple of things:

1. It doesn't work that way. The onus is on you to demonstrate that any choice bits of it are to be taken as fact. You can say 'nonsense' to skepticism all you want, but your assertion of the Bible's truth is, so far, just an unsubstantiated belief of yours.

2. What do you think "a historical book" means? Do you insist that calling something "a historical book" imbues it with some sort of truth?

3. If it comes down to a popularity contest, note that much of the world - most of which are not atheists - also believe the bible does not speak truth.

Last edited:
I will say one word, don't be offended its just a statement for all atheists who don't believe the bible is a historical book. Nonsense.
I have a Masters in History from Purdue, and commendations from the US Army, US Navy, US Marine Corps and several civilian entities. I really don't care what you think.

, he said, talking about it a lot, wasting time and effort trying to justify his own position... ;)

To all: bearer has done us the courtesy of offering up his evidence of the Holy Spirit. We don't need to bicker over beliefs. Why don't we just look at the pictures provided and ask what makes him sure they're the Holy Spirit?
You do realise that obsessing over something is more of a belief in that thing, as the superficial claim of non belief. It’s the constant trying to validate your lack of belief, that is the giveaway.

I have never been religious. Never. Nice of you to fail so badly.
Hm! Nobody said you had.
What is it to be really religious!

But seriously! What is it you hope to gain from this thread? It is very difficult to prove anything, especially to someone as obsessed with God as the atheists here. You see it works both ways. One can be obsessed with God, and one can be obsessed against God (truly believing God does not exist).
Will you feel good knowing that nobody can prove anything to you, God being no exception.
Will it reinforce you obsessive atheism?
Is that enough for you?

Hm! Nobody said you had.

But seriously! What is it you hope to gain from this thread? It is very difficult to prove anything, especially to someone as obsessed with God as the atheists here. You see it works both ways. One can be obsessed with God, and one can be obsessed against God (truly believing God does not exist).
Will you feel good knowing that nobody can prove anything to you, God being no exception.
Is that enough for you?
True but go easy on atheists, God made them that way so we could debate.

Hm! Nobody said you had.

Is that enough for you?
You really are impressed with yourself.

You really are impressed with yourself.
If anything I’m rather impressed with you and your fellow atheists. God is at the forefront of your minds.
You know the whole underlying point of religion is to keep God at the forefront of your mind. That is the whole point of the rituals, the pilgrimage, and the holidays.

If you're trying to look silly you've succeeded.
Well defended from your pov.
Now you don’t have to answer questions or explain why would create a thread like this.
Anyway don’t let me interupt this thread by asking real questions and expecting on point answers.

If you're trying to look silly you've succeeded.
I disagree. Trek is just telling the truth, and you don't understand it, or you're so pissed with the being you don't believe exists, God.

Next time you debate or start a thread take a deep breath and say to yourself "Right I will listen and reply with an open mind, otherwise I'll learn nothing." Old dog new tricks and all that.

If anything I’m rather impressed with you and your fellow atheists. God is at the forefront of your minds.
You know the whole underlying point of religion is to keep God at the forefront of your mind. That is the whole point of the rituals, the pilgrimage, and the holidays.
This is a science site. Has been for decades. I like debating logically and rationally about all sorts of things.
I discuss UFOs over in the Fringe forum. Are you now going to tell me I believe in UFOs?

American politics is at the forefront of my mind too, and i'm not even American.

You do realise that obsessing over something is more of a belief in that thing, as the superficial claim of non belief. It’s the constant trying to validate your lack of belief, that is the giveaway.
One of us is here discussing things and saying 'I like to discuss all sorts of things!'
The other of us is here discussing things while saying 'I don't waste my time and effort discussing things.'

Which of those two do you think is in denial?

How about we get back to the topic at-hand? Or is that not an area you feel comfortable discussing? Would you rather keep dragging this to a place where we second-guess each others' thoughts and motives?

Last edited:
A dream is a journey into the spirit world. There within are creatures(fallen angels) and otherwise who have powers and orchestrate dreams.

Back