Dear Believers, prove your god or gods is/aren't just fiction(s).

Let's start with "how can you prove something supernatural..."

You can't.
I dunno. I'd say it's not impossible.

If a mile-tall guy - in a white robe, with a huge white beard, and a staff that was topped with a glowing 'G' the size a hot air balloon - appeared out of the clouds and hovered over my house and zapped me straight to hell while turning the planet inside out, I might take that as proof of God.

If an apparition appeared - ephemeral bones and chains and all - floating in my room and whisked me away throgh the roof, flying over the landscape to visit my dead father as a boy in his childhood home - I might be convinced ghosts exist.

So I'd say it's not that you can't - in principle - prove such things. It's just that it doesn't ever seem to happen.

Well, a mile-tall dude who turns the whole world inside out would necessarily alert quite a few people. It's the clue it's probably not just a hallucination.
Can you not use your brain to imagine an example of a supernatural experience(seeing a ghost, out of body, nde) that is within the context of subjective experiences. As it happens, Jesus appeared to over 500 people after the resurrection, was that a mass hallucination in your mind?

I dunno. I'd say it's not impossible.

If a mile-tall guy - in a white robe, with a huge white beard, and a staff that was topped with a glowing 'G' the size a hot air balloon - appeared out of the clouds and hovered over my house and zapped me straight to hell while turning the planet inside out, I might take that as proof of God.

If an apparition appeared - ephemeral bones and chains and all - floating in my room and whisked me away throgh the roof, flying over the landscape to visit my dead father as a boy in his childhood home - I might be convinced ghosts exist.

So I'd say it's not that you can't - in principle - prove such things. It's just that it doesn't ever seem to happen.
It never happens for a reason. And if you can't reason you'll never understand why that reason demands reason.

Can you not use your brain to imagine an example of a supernatural experience(seeing a ghost, out of body, nde) that is within the context of subjective experiences.
I am unable to parse this. Can you rephrase?

Do you mean I personally am incapable of using my imagination to image that, or do you mean I'm not allowed to?

Because, like most other people, I have a rich imagination, and I'm pretty sure I'm capable of imagining that. And I'm pretty sure you don't kmow how my brain very well.

As it happens, Jesus appeared to over 500 people after the resurrection
What makes you think this? Who told you this? The Bible perhaps?

Last edited:
Can you not use your brain to imagine an example of a supernatural experience(seeing a ghost, out of body, nde) that is within the context of subjective experiences. As it happens, Jesus appeared to over 500 people after the resurrection, was that a mass hallucination in your mind?
This is not a matter of established fact though. It is written in the gospels, sure, but as the gospels were written from one another (Matthew and Luke using Mark, and John coming along later:https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gospel) there is no real corroboration by multiple independent sources. The gospels are not regarded by most scholars as historical documentary accounts.

Unusual thing for you to say.
The < sarcasm >< /sarcasm > was implicit. I will try to eschew them in our future dialogues.

Being a "historical document" in no way implies everything - let alone anything - in it, is factual.

That there are some generally accepted events in it does not lend credence to the factuality of all, or any, other events in it. It is certainly rife with stories and parables.

Last edited:
Back