Conservation of souls?

What value would you assign to yourself in the universe?
None whatever. All I require is to be appreciated by those close to me. The rest is unimportant, IMO.

As a musician I entertained a few thousand strangers. That knowledge was rewarding to me.

None whatever. All I require is to be appreciated by those close to me. The rest is unimportant, IMO.

As a musician I entertained a few thousand strangers. That knowledge was rewarding to me.
Everything in the universe can be represented by numbers, according to you. I'm curious how you figure in to the equation. But it sounds as though the mathematics doesn't apply to life.

You are proof that it is alive.

Errrr a tiny portion has life

That tiny portion is not the Universe, which is a little bit bigger than the tiny portion, and while a tiny portion of the tiny portion considers itself part of the Universe it looks, in general, at the Universe as being all the other stuff which is not alive

:)

You are proof that it is alive.
Fish live in water, is water alive? That is just meaningless stretching. One can also say that rocks make the universe solid. Useless .
The mind is implacably mathematical?
Is a computer mathematical? You bet.
Is the particle/wave duality and its harmonic functions mathematical? You bet.
Are regularly recurring patterns mathematical. You bet
It's all mathematical wherever you look in the universe, from atoms to galaxies, from bacteria to humans, it's all mathematical.
Everything that can be expressed as a mathematical equation is mathematical in essence.

Last edited:
Everything in the universe can be represented by numbers, according to you
No, that is a common misunderstanding about universal mathematical values and functions. They exist in some form independent of any observer. It has nothing to do with human symbolic interpretations of numbers or alphabets. It's values and functions of physical objects which must follow the laws of universal mathematical constants.

Errrr a tiny portion has life
To your best summation. But accept that as being true, are we any less creations of the universe than is a star or a galaxy? Yes, the Universe is intelligent, has feelings and is spiritual. You can deny your own existence or minimize it by being small, yet you exists as part the whole, a creation of the whole.

No, that is a common misunderstanding about universal mathematical values and functions. They exist in some form independent of any observer.
They are assignments given by men. The number 1 is a placeholder to give meaning to a thing. I'm not saying it doesn't work, only that symbolism is a function of the mind. Otherwise the moon would just be the moon.

Fish live in water, is water alive? That is just meaningless stretching. One can also say that rocks make the universe solid. Useless .

Fish could not live without the water. Did fish pop into existence, or are they the product of something larger? I'm curious, W. Did you will yourself in to existence?

They are assignments given by men. The number 1 is a placeholder to give meaning to a thing. I'm not saying it doesn't work, only that symbolism is a function of the mind. Otherwise the moon would just be the moon.
Yes, the symbolic number system is meaningful to humans only and allows us to perform abstract calculations and symbolically codify them with numbers and math operations, but does it matter?

Lemurs do not have a number system, yet they know the difference between 4 of this and 5 of that, the difference between "more and less", i.e a mathematical differential equation. In fact they are as good at this intuitive "quantity estimating" as humans, without any apparent upper limit.

In fact many animals use intuitive numberless mathematical calculations, for navigation, measuring distance, and a host of much more subtle mental mathematical feats.

How about a dumb universe? Unfortunately that would include everyone ever born since there's no escaping our role as universal beings.
Most of us don't - and don't have to - anthropomorphize the universe.

Perhaps that's a clue to what's happening with your belief in God? You feel the need to make the universe into something understandable?

Fish could not live without the water. Did fish pop into existence, or are they the product of something larger? I'm curious, W. Did you will yourself in to existence?
That is not pertinent to the original question, but to answer these questions,
First, fish self assemble through a process of cell division thus are the product of something smaller, a single fertilized egg.
Second, my parents willed me into existence by an act of fertilizing the egg. This is a method of procreation practised by many unrelated species, mainly because it yields variety and greater chance for survival.

The Silvery Salamander does not fertilize her eggs with male salamander sperm and her offspring are all female and identical clones of the mother, a bad survival strategy, resulting in the slow extinction of that particular "biotype" (a few dozen remaining specimen are now maintained in a few ponds as a severely endangered biotype).

The last one who left said he was going to live near you as you painted such a good picture about photographing the stars
The cops are hunting him and I suspect he will get some time but if they dont lock him up what do you do.
I feel sorry for the poor devil he needs care but the system cant seem to deal with these sort of nut jobs.

I blame satan who has obviously sent a demon to corrupt his soul..maybe I should send for a priest.

The problem is little things upset me like death threats even if made by someone who cant carry it out. ..l find it annoying.
Alex

Perhaps that's a clue to what's happening with your belief in God? You feel the need to make the universe into something understandable?
To me it's very clear. Where I was once an isolated being, I am now integrated into something much larger. All the other stuff falls off to the side, unimportant, really. There's nothing to accomplish; life will take care of itself.

That is not pertinent to the original question, but to answer these questions,
First, fish self assemble through a process of cell division thus are the product of something smaller, a single fertilized egg.
Second, my parents willed me into existence by an act of fertilizing the egg. This is a method of procreation practised by many unrelated species, mainly because it yields variety and greater chance for survival.

The Silvery Salamander does not fertilize her eggs with male salamander sperm and her offspring are all female and identical clones of the mother, a bad survival strategy, resulting in the slow extinction of that particular "biotype" (a few dozen remaining specimen are now maintained in a few ponds as a severely endangered biotype).
W, I'm not going to argue the point with you. If all you see is the process and not the source, that's your perspective. You are at liberty to exist as an independent thing, having no relation to the external Universe, or at least in your mind.

Back