Best Ghost evidence you have come across

One of my good friends tells of his childhood home being haunted. He has several siblings, and they all claim to have experienced paranormal activity. The couple who owned the house before his parents bought it, the husband had committed suicide. After his family moved out when he was in high school, the house was bulldozed over, and no other house (or any building) was ever built in its place. His siblings and he rarely ever discuss that house, because they still feel chilled when talking about what they ''went through.'' An entire family? Making it up? Meh, I doubt it.

So, his story sounds pretty convincing to me.
Pardon me for being skeptical, but it wouldn't be unusual for members of the same family to share a common delusion. They live together in close quarters. One gets spooked and that can easily be passed on to the others, so that after a while everybody starts to think the place is haunted, or whatever. The suicide story adds spice, but did anybody (you) actually check whether it happened?

And this "paranormal activity" they all say they experienced - what did it consist of, exactly?

"In the terminology of ghost hunting, residual hauntings, also known as restligeists (German loan word from restlich meaning "residual" and geist meaning "ghost"), are repeated playbacks of auditory, visual, olfactory, and other sensory phenomena that are attributed to a traumatic event, life-altering event, or a routine event of a person or place, like an echo or a replay of a videotape of past events. Residual Haunting Is one of three different types of hauntings. The other two are intelligent and demonic (inhuman hauntings). During residual hauntings many victims have stated they’ve seen a ghost but research shows that there is no ghost present. Residual Haunting is an event stuck in an eternity which gets repeated at times. It’s quite possible during a residual haunting to hear footsteps, windows opening and closing. Witnesses of residual hauntings also state that they’ve seen people, animals, and other things that interact with the surroundings. There’s no attempted interaction between the living and dead in this case of haunting. There’s no way to stop residual hauntings but with time the hauntings will fade. These hauntings are completely harmless to the living but can be very horrifying. Ghost hunters and related paranormal television programs say that a residual haunting, unlike an intelligent haunting, does not directly involve a spiritual entity aware of the living world and interacting with or responding to it."---- https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Talk:Residual_haunting
Do you believe in demons, Magical Realist? Demonic hauntings?

Not a trick of the mind. A real objective haunting.
How would one tell the difference?

Everything is explained in that article. It is a repetition of events in the past played over and over again. Real objective sounds and apparitions and smells etc. It just doesn't involve a conscious ghost. More like a hologram.
Oh, it's all explained, is it? Great!

So, how do these holograms work, exactly? What's the recording medium? What's the playback mechanism? How does an apparition affect real things to create photons of light and to move air molecules to create sound waves, exactly? Where can I read this detailed explanation that explains it all?

Oh, it's all explained, is it? Great!

So, how do these holograms work, exactly? What's the recording medium? What's the playback mechanism? How does an apparition affect real things to create photons of light and to move air molecules to create sound waves, exactly? Where can I read this detailed explanation that explains it all?
Yeah, I've drawn attention to this fact multiple times - that there is no mechanism proposed by which ghosts exist or interact. It might as well be leprechauns playing magic tricks; it's no less plausible.

Yeah, I've drawn attention to this fact multiple times - that there is no mechanism proposed by which ghosts exist or interact. It might as well be leprechauns playing magic tricks; it's no less plausible.

There is no known mechanism for quantum entanglement or dark energy either. Knowledge is finite, always pushing forward to learn more and more. The fact that a theory doesn't explain everything is not a valid argument against that theory.

I believe that ghosts are quantum phenomena we are yet to understand.

Edit:- I believe that ghosts are real

Pardon me for being skeptical, but it wouldn't be unusual for members of the same family to share a common delusion. They live together in close quarters. One gets spooked and that can easily be passed on to the others, so that after a while everybody starts to think the place is haunted, or whatever. The suicide story adds spice, but did anybody (you) actually check whether it happened?

And this "paranormal activity" they all say they experienced - what did it consist of, exactly?

Right...because who ever heard of multiple eyewitnesses to a phenomenon being better evidence than just one eyewitness? Must be some mass delusion of the family. James just knows this for a fact, without even looking into any specific case. Wouldn't want the facts of the case to get in the way of his arbitrary armchair conclusion.

Right...because who ever heard of multiple eyewitnesses to a phenomenon being better evidence than just one eyewitness? Must be some mass delusion of the family. James just knows this for a fact, without even looking into any specific case. Wouldn't want the facts of the case to get in the way of his arbitrary armchair conclusion.
And you as a certified, professional psychologist and person of extraordinary ability, knows otherwise? Certainly don't want any facts getting in the way of your obsessiveness with the supernatural and paranormal now do we?

Right...because who ever heard of multiple eyewitnesses to a phenomenon being better evidence than just one eyewitness? Must be some mass delusion of the family.
Good example of this is where David Copperfield made an airplane disappear in front of 40 or so people. With that many witnesses it HAS to be real!

More great evidence for ghosts. This one is about a haunted office and the many paranormal occurrences witnessed therein:

Back