Bear with jar stuck on its head killed in MN

Bears are the #1 enemy to society!! If you ever watched the Colbert show you should know it!

Dumbfuck.... :)

Not funny!

Admit it, you have been found wanting, depraved and inadequate.
Change your tune, grow up or stick your ugly scone in a jar and we'll take potshots at you.

Victim of bear attack:

dn9010-2_250.jpg

"Following the bear attack and disfigurement, farmer Guoxing became a recluse (Image: AP)"

Also:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_fatal_bear_attacks_in_North_America_by_decade

"There were about 52 recorded deaths due to black bears between 1900 and 2003 and about 50 deaths due to brown bears and about 5 due to polar bears in the same period."

Victim of human attack:

44.jpg

This is a losing battle Syz.. there are far more bears killed by humans than vice versa.

A dehydrated, hungry, frustrated, miserable bear is a serious threat, as well as being an object of compassion. I'm sorry about it, and I think people should take care of their garbage better (especially plastic stuff), but if I saw that bear around my house and family and pets I would shoot it immediately and worry about karmic responsibility later.

There are a lot of bears in MN, and many are killed every year. They are a major predator of newborn deer (one of the few predators that can find them). They are also very good eating - about the best meat I've ever had, rivaled maybe by pork chops.

All you people saying that bear meat is good are either lying or crazy. I've had it and its one of the most terrible tasting greasy foods I have ever had. And as far as meat goes, its one of the worst meats for you because of the high fat and cholesterol content.

Victim of bear attack:...
Maybe the asshole shouldnt have been in bear territory. Black bears are very skiddish. They only attack if they are provoked or if you come between them and their cubs. its unfortunate that this guiy got attacked, but my guess is that he hd it coming to some degree.

...They are a major predator of newborn deer (one of the few predators that can find them)...QUOTE]

So we should just kill every animal that is a predator to deer, which may I add are terribly overpopulated in MN due to their natural predators being endangered or overhunted? Theres TONS of deer in this state. I see them (and almost hit them in my car) all the time.

For the uneducated, bears who start to live off humans or gets used to messing with garbage usually gets destroyed for obvious reasons. Study your Yellowstone manual!

For the uneducated, bears who start to live off humans or gets used to messing with garbage usually gets destroyed for obvious reasons. Study your Yellowstone manual!

You have to clarify that, consider me uneducated..

" Keeping a clean camp and reducing the number of attractants will reduce bear problems. Once a bear has received a food or garbage reward from a camp, it will quickly associate the camp with available food. Most bears that are habituated to human food or garbage are destroyed in a problem bear situation. "

From the Yellowstone website:

"FOOD AND BEARS

Leaving food out where bears can get to it is just as illegal and unwise as feeding bears deliberately. Bears that get food and/or garbage from people usually end up as dead bears. Here's an example of how it happens: Careless campers leave their frozen chicken out to thaw on a stump while they go out on a day hike. A bear passes through the area, picks up the scent and walks into the campsite to investigate. Not only does the bear get the chicken but also ravages through the fire pit and packs for more food. The bear has made the association that people can be a food source. The bear comes back, not only to that campsite, but to others as well on its never ending search for food. The bear gets food rewards, either intentionally or unintentionally. It becomes bolder and walks into campsites while people are there - day or night. One camper tries to grab a food sack from the bear and gets mauled."

" Keeping a clean camp and reducing the number of attractants will reduce bear problems. Once a bear has received a food or garbage reward from a camp, it will quickly associate the camp with available food. Most bears that are habituated to human food or garbage are destroyed in a problem bear situation. "

From the Yellowstone website:

"FOOD AND BEARS

Leaving food out where bears can get to it is just as illegal and unwise as feeding bears deliberately. Bears that get food and/or garbage from people usually end up as dead bears. Here's an example of how it happens: Careless campers leave their frozen chicken out to thaw on a stump while they go out on a day hike. A bear passes through the area, picks up the scent and walks into the campsite to investigate. Not only does the bear get the chicken but also ravages through the fire pit and packs for more food. The bear has made the association that people can be a food source. The bear comes back, not only to that campsite, but to others as well on its never ending search for food. The bear gets food rewards, either intentionally or unintentionally. It becomes bolder and walks into campsites while people are there - day or night. One camper tries to grab a food sack from the bear and gets mauled."

So how is it obvious that the bears get shot ? Seems to me the bear is not the problem.

" Keeping a clean camp and reducing the number of attractants will reduce bear problems. Once a bear has received a food or garbage reward from a camp, it will quickly associate the camp with available food. Most bears that are habituated to human food or garbage are destroyed in a problem bear situation. "....

Yep, a bear that isn't afraid of people or the scent of people is a very scary bear.
I don't know why people think a wild animal is more deserving of life than a cow or chicken. Seems like they should care more about those defenseless creatures than a bear with teeth and claws.

I do think it was a sad waste though.

So how is it obvious that the bears get shot ? Seems to me the bear is not the problem.

Since we can not shot people who feed bears, we shot the bears...

I do advocate shooting stupid people but my representatives don't listen....

Anyway, my point in this thread is: The bear would have got shot anyway...

Since we can not shot people who feed bears, we shot the bears...

I do advocate shooting stupid people but my representatives don't listen....

Anyway, my point in this thread is: The bear would have got shot anyway...

Yea, because people just dump their trash near the border of the town.
Apparently it's too much to ask to put an enclosure around it too.

Yea, because people just dump their trash near the border of the town.
Apparently it's too much to ask to put an enclosure around it too.

Bears that climb over dump fences to eat the garbage, will have a hard time surviving once the dump is closed. (Yellowstone had that problem) They become conditioned bears, not wild bears.

agreed. It was his tough luck.

You don't agree at all.
If you agreed then you would be for enclosed dumps, with a high enough wall so that bears don't get in it.
If the bears then starve it's tough luck.. but humans would be to blame for it.

The bears wouldn't be coming down into human areas looking for food if they could find enough food in the wilderness. Too much of the environment has been destroyed for bears to get enough food.

This scenario highlights the fact that we need to do something to preserve nature, if not for nature's good, then for ours.

Back