Atheists revenge. Persecution of theists.

You did say:

This suggests that you consider yourself to be moral and correct, and that you have the ability and right to judge who isn't and to correct them.

I think this is quite a bold claim to make about oneself - basically declaring oneself to be God's agent.

It is a claim about myself yes. Not the God that most believe in.
That one I think is a myth and his morals are quite poor.
Mine are better so I am not pushing his poor morals but better ones.

I may be the closest thing to God that anyone can find but I have improved on what I found. Believers might try doing the same.

Sorry, not really, if I am not as humble as you would like.
Explain why the best should be humble.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-07_2DWfEmQ

Regards
DL

There may be cultural differences too, though.
I wonder about the results of that test if it was performed with human children from indigenous tribes, from the Roma or low-caste Hindus, for example.

What doe your logic tell you based on the evidence?

Mine says that all of mankind is the same basic model.
Are there exceptions, quite likely but by individuals, not whole cultures.

They show two examples. One of a modern Western child, the other in the wilds of Africa. What makes you think that if they tested someone in between, the results would be any different?

Regards
DL

that being man.

also..

God has always been a man.
Who but man can put voice to the will of God.
Only man.
Moses only had rules to show.
Jesus only had rules to show.
All prophets only had rules to show.

Man has always and will always be the only voice that God has.

Note all the theists who speak all kinds of contradictory things of God yet the absentee God let's us speak lies from his mouth and he allows us to shame his so called good name.

Any man would have more balls and would be correcting us but God, not a word in his own defense.
That shows complete lack of pride.
Shame on him.
Even man, with all his faults, is greater and more responsible.

Regards
DL

What doe your logic tell you based on the evidence?

Mine says that all of mankind is the same basic model.
Are there exceptions, quite likely but by individuals, not whole cultures.

They show two examples. One of a modern Western child, the other in the wilds of Africa. What makes you think that if they tested someone in between, the results would be any different?

Earlier, I didn't see there was a second part to the documentary, but I just watched it now.
Ignore my previous comment.

You didn't comment on this part of my post:

We are closer perhaps in that way.
Calling myself a Gnostic Christian naturalist basically means that I belong, if I can use that term, to a church and religion consisting of one member.
I urge others to do the same.

Man is meant to stand beside man. Not in front or behind another. We are all brothers under the skin and should recognize that fact.
The only reason some will elevate some other is just the recognition of how man learns. We learn from each other and just elevate each other as a sign of respect. Unfortunately, this form of instinctual mimicry has been recognized by religions forever and they have used it against us instead of for us.

As long as we use language, such as for talking or reading, we are bound to other people.

I don't think that a solitary religiousness is realistic or viable, and I don't think it is the solution to the problems we encounter in gregarious religiousness.

Surely solitary religiousness may solve some problems with religion - but it also creates or exacerbates others.

What if you're wrong?

What if what you now claim to be correct, later on turns out to be incorrect?

Then I will say I was incorrect and move on.
If shown a better way and I see it. I do not mind taking it.
I do not mind learning something new. Learning is one of the great pleasures of life.
Till then, like all people, I am fundamental to what I believe.

Regards
DL

You didn't comment on this part of my post:

As long as we use language, such as for talking or reading, we are bound to other people.

I don't think that a solitary religiousness is realistic or viable, and I don't think it is the solution to the problems we encounter in gregarious religiousness.

Surely solitary religiousness may solve some problems with religion - but it also creates or exacerbates others.

Perhaps.
From what I can see at this point from all the varieties of beliefs from believers, none see all things the same way so in a sense, all are belonging to a religion of one even as with myself, we claim to follow a certain creed.

Even non believers do it.

Have you ever found someone who will agree totally with all of what you believe?

Not likely.

DNA says we are all different even as it can be said that we are all alike in some things.

Regards
DL

You believers just don't get Knowledge91.

He has his own agenda.
Just seeing him tells you what that is.

451CM

http://imgur.com/a/451CM

Regards
DL

Good one. I notice the snake in your avatar. You clearly do not know me.

It's quite simple, but apparently over your head:
You made a claim.
I queried it.
You made a different (and opposite) claim.
I queried that.
You avoided providing an answer and resorted to nonsensical claims (I'm in over my head).

Either our condition is part of the plan (in which case it's exactly what god intended) or it's not part of the plan and god isn't the smart-alec he's claimed to be.

One more time. What are you talking about? You clearly are not as smart as you try and make yourself seem. Your clever thinking strategies is no match for my advanced knowledge.

One more time. What are you talking about? You clearly are not as smart as you try and make yourself seem.
Ah, if only you were smart enough to understand how smart I actually am.

Your clever thinking strategies is no match for my advanced knowledge.
Your advanced knowledge? Yet you can't even keep track of a couple of posts. (Or use English correctly).

Okay, one more time. And this time get someone to read it out loud to you and explain the big words:
You: Shit is the way it is because MAN made it this way.
Me: So god didn't have any plan?
You: Its all part of the plan.
Me: In which case it's supposed to be this way.
You: He didn't intend for it to be this way
Me: So it's not part of the plan.

Either there's a plan by god or there isn't a plan.
If there IS a plan then either we're doing what god intended or we aren't.
If we aren't then god isn't all-powerful and crap at planning to boot (i.e. not omniscient either), therefore he's not god.

You: Shit is the way it is because MAN made it this way.

Indeed

Me: So god didn't have any plan?

But he did, and its still on track.

You: Its all part of the plan.

It is

Me: In which case it's supposed to be this way.

Only because man choose it to be this way. Luckily this isn't the end game. Part of the plan was to give man free will, God knew it would turn out like this, but its all part of the plan.

You: He didn't intend for it to be this way

He doesn't intend to be like this when it is all said and done, so it will not be.

Me: So it's not part of the plan.

But it is

But he did, and its still on track.
So the plan is on track. It's going the way it was supposed to.

Only because man choose it to be this way. Luckily this isn't the end game. Part of the plan was to give man free will, God knew it would turn out like this, but its all part of the plan.
So it's not part of the plan (because WE chose it, not god) but at the same time it IS part of the plan.

He doesn't intend to be like this when it is all said and done, so it will not be.
We're not talking about what will be but what is now.

But it is
Yes, quite clearly. It's part of the plan. But not.
:rolleyes:

So it's not part of the plan (because WE chose it, not god) but at the same time it IS part of the plan.

Part of the plan was giving man free will, a necessary part of plan. God chose to give us free will, and we made the choices on Earth to make things as they currently are.

We're not talking about what will be but what is now.

What will be is the only thing that maters.

Part of the plan was giving man free will, a necessary part of plan. God chose to give us free will, and we made the choices on Earth to make things as they currently are.
So we can choose to do things that god didn't plan? To wreck the plan? To make choices god didn't know about beforehand?

What will be is the only thing that maters.
Then stay out of thread since the discussion isn't about what will be.

Back