As an Atheist what do you teach kids?

So you admit you are preaching your belief, as you believe it to be true. OK, fine.
I'm sure many atheists do that too.

So why are you having a go at people (atheists) who do teach their kids about death in the scientific sense? Or do you just want them to admit they are teaching their personal beliefs?

Lol ofcourse I admit I preach to the children, Many atheists dont even see that they preach that's how deluded they are, they think that "My absolute is fact" and it isnt counted as preaching.

Im saying if you teach your kid's that "when you die you 100% wont have an afterlife" is damaging to the child's emotinal stability and it removes comfort from them.

If you say to the child "I personaly don't believe in heaven" that is totaly fine and it is completely different than saying "I know for a fact ther is no heaven because science supports this"

Do you see the difference between militant atheism and a more open minded approach? Telling them "there is no god end of story" is not fair and it is one sided and biad and negative to boot.

PEace.

If you only teach your children what you personaly believe in then you are preaching personal belief to them, See I admit i preach to children where an atheist would deny it fiercely and say "but its the truth im teaching" the exact same answer a theist would give "But it's the truth i teach them"
Wrong again.
What you teach them cannot be shown, as you have openly admitted several times, to be true.

It's not some multi-dimensional thing though. There is no two sides to it.
Harsh, negative whatever....maybe. But it is true as things stand now.

Again, what is the point in this thread? Are you wanting atheists to admit that they teach their beliefs?

I was lucky no one close ever died when I was young, so I never had to ask, therefore no-one had to lie to me. There was no bias.

What point are you addressing?

I don't think a child of mine would even ask about an afterlife, how would they even know about it? If they ask what death is, I would tell them it's when a body stops working and that's a truth even you must acknowledge.

I don't think a child of mine would even ask about an afterlife, how would they even know about it? If they ask what death is, I would tell them it's when a body stops working and that's a truth even you must acknowledge.

No they ask "What happens when you die"

Do you seriously not interact with young children or something?.

But why teach kids something that you have no logical reason to believe is true?

You don't teach them that there are invisible creatures made of chocolate that eat human kids if they are not nice do you?

It's not some multi-dimensional thing though. There is no two sides to it.
Harsh, negative whatever....maybe. But it is true as things stand now.

Again, what is the point in this thread? Are you wanting atheists to admit that they teach their beliefs?

I was lucky no one close ever died when I was young, so I never had to ask, therefore no-one had to lie to me. There was no bias.

I actualy have many motives for this thread, more than 3 seperate agendas.

You never questioned death? you never realized that "hey people die" ? you never saw death anywhere? what about death of animals? death of people on TV? death of people on the news etc etc. I find it difficult to believe anyone reaches adulthood without pondering death.

Im saying if you teach your kid's that "when you die you 100% wont have an afterlife" is damaging to the child's emotinal stability and it removes comfort from them.
Can you point out where anyone has said this?

it is completely different than saying "I know for a fact ther is no heaven because science supports this"
Can you point out where anyone has said this?

You're erecting straw men. Again.

But why teach kids something that you have no logical reason to believe is true?

You don't teach them that there are invisible creatures made of chocolate that eat human kids if they are not nice do you?

So you only teach kids what you personaly believe? what does that amount too? that is passing on personal belief system.

What about aliens? If you personaly think aliens don't exist would telling your child Aliens might exist be wrong in your opinion?

I do not teach them about invisible chocolate people and quite right. how would a being made of chocolate be invisible? wouldn't him being made of "Chocolate" imply that he is infact visible?, unless you know of any invisible cocoa product that im un-aware of.

So it's just another straw man. By your own admission.
WTF is the point of even posting the statement then?

So you only teach kids what you personaly believe? what does that amount too? that is passing on personal belief system.

What about aliens? If you personaly think aliens don't exist would telling your child Aliens might exist be wrong in your opinion?

I do not teach them about invisible chocolate people and quite right. how would a being made of chocolate be invisible? wouldn't him being made of "Chocolate" imply that he is infact visible?, unless you know of any invisible cocoa product that im un-aware of.

Things you have no logical reason to believe is true, does not have to make sense. Yes invisible chocolate kids. Just as reasonable as an afterlife if you ask me.

What was your other questions? Passing of a personal belief system? You might say that. There's no reason to teach kids about something that you have no chance of knowing anyway. I would however teach my kids that there are some people that believe in ancient fairytales and that these fairytales are really so improbable that you might as well ignore them.

Aliens? As in life in outer space? I think it's improbable that life only exists on earth. So that's what i would say. Not that i know for sure, but that there may be life elsewhere in the universe.

What is the point in saying "if" ? sorry Sith Lord i forget myself i should only deal in absolutes.
No, you asked a question based on two opposing views.
And then openly admitted that you haven't actually seen anyone use the view you don't agree with.
So why raise that particular issue?
Bias?
Deliberate (and false) polarisation?
Malicious intent?

Back