As an Atheist what do you teach kids?

I begin to wonder if some people are so bent on worship and prayer, they forget to actually look at the world. They miss the big picture.

I think of Sagan's "Pale Blue Dot". He got it.

You don't sound liek you know anything about islam your using chritian arguments against a muslim here.

Thanks for reading...I asked about what that believer should do, not what you believed. I realize islam has a different take on hell, as to other sects of christianity.

That wasn't the point.

once you answer my question i will leave this thread for good but untill then i will remind you of the question asked every no and again

So your question is nothing to do with morals as such, simply "making the child happy" at the time.

Arrant nonsense since you have avoided replying to my points anyway.

And you appear to think this is a simple question.
I would contend that telling the child the truth (as we know it) will lead to them being a "happier" person in their life, instead of giving them myths as crutches to rely on.
You suggest that lying to a child, only for them to find out later that you didn't have the honesty to tell them what you really thought is better?
:shrug:

It is lyiong tot hem in your opinion why do you always pretend like it's a fact that god don't exist you have no proof of this so stoop using double stanbdards when asking me for my proof. wheres yours?

when making these choices to tellt he child that you do not consider what makes them happier? your own children you would rather scare the crap out of them than tell them something nice?

If you had an ugly daughter and she said daddy is my face ugly (and she looked liek the elephant man) would you tell her "nah see heres the truth you are butt ugly yeah and i don't think telling you you are pretty is right because i dont eblieve you are pretty your face is like the elephant man.

You would really say this? if not why not why not being "truthfull" you telle veryone the truth 100% of the time even insult them about how ugly they are or maybe they has a car accident and it mangled her face and she looks like a squished tomatoe? would you tell hert this when she asked you "daddy how does my face look"

Yeah you would say "darling you look like something i trod on and tried to scrape off with a spatula?

Hmm? answet hose and give me your reasons as to why you didnt use the same logic?
And are you saying that

Thanks for reading...I asked about what that believer should do, not what you believed. I realize islam has a different take on hell, as to other sects of christianity.

That wasn't the point.

Im not getting into a debate about christianity thats perfect ban bait, because im a muslim and would be seen to be preaching.

Nice try?

It's beyond anything in the quran, so I doubt you'd be interested. The universe is an awesome place, made even more awesome when you realize that its run by basic interactions of matter and energy, and doesn't require a god. And after billions of years, it awoke through us, and can ponder itself and its existence.

Banned by thread starter.

please answer this question with factual data..
how does not pointing a child tward a god heaven/hell make them sad?
and how does point them twards a heaven adn hell make them happy?
a link with a verafiable study showing heaven and hell belief makes children happy will sufice

a link with a verafiable study showing heaven and hell belief makes children happy will sufice

Im not getting into a debate about christianity thats perfect ban bait, because im a muslim and would be seen to be preaching.

Nice try?

It was a nice try to discuss a point. But I guess you didn't want to go down that road. I'm with the others, this is obviously deteriorating (has been) into a self-glorifying thread.

Hey, I was honest with my answers...I've got no worries around where I stand.

or admit it is nothing but speculation based on your own personal opinion

It was a nice try to discuss a point. But I guess you didn't want to go down that road. I'm with the others, this is obviously deteriorating (has been) into a self-glorifying thread.

Hey, I was honest with my answers...I've got no worries around where I stand.

No me denying christianity and then telling that the quran is the real truth is preaching and im not getting banned when im enjoying this thread.

It is lyiong tot hem in your opinion why do you always pretend like it's a fact that god don't exist you have no proof of this so stoop using double stanbdards when asking me for my proof. wheres yours?
Because there is no evidence that god exists. I don't "pretend it's a fact".

when making these choices to tellt he child that you do not consider what makes them happier? your own children you would rather scare the crap out of them than tell them something nice?
Why do you think it would scare the crap out of them?

If you had an ugly daughter and she said daddy is my face ugly (and she looked liek the elephant man) would you tell her "nah see heres the truth you are butt ugly yeah and i don't think telling you you are pretty is right because i dont eblieve you are pretty your face is like the elephant man.
Ho hum. Diversion?

You would really say this? if not why not why not being "truthfull" you telle veryone the truth 100% of the time even insult them about how ugly they are or maybe they has a car accident and it mangled her face and she looks like a squished tomatoe? would you tell hert this when she asked you "daddy how does my face look"
How does this relate to your initial question? Can you stay on topic?

Hmm? answet hose and give me your reasons as to why you didnt use the same logic?
And are you saying that
No, let's stick to one topic for the time being. Surely such a clever poster, one whose "speciality" is philosophy can stick to the subject at hand in order to "defeat" us atheists? or maybe not...

Banned by thread starter

Banned by thread starter

this question is response to post #167 on page #9 of this thread

revised it a bit

Because there is no evidence that god exists. I don't "pretend it's a fact".

Why do you think it would scare the crap out of them?

Ho hum. Diversion?

How does this relate to your initial question? Can you stay on topic?

No, let's stick to one topic for the time being. Surely such a clever poster, one whose "speciality" is philosophy can stick to the subject at hand in order to "defeat" us atheists? or maybe not...

You seriously are a troll what have ytou ever said about the emotional effects these 2 things have on children why do you over and over again refuse to acknoledge the things i have stated about which make the children unhappy, and you refuse to engage int he emotional side of it and you ahainst asked for proof about god.

You are not here to discuss this you enter every single religion based thread i start and say the same crap, you spout anything to discredit god and hsi messengers. and all of these little virgin teenybopper atheist fanboys acxtualy think your winning this debate

Telling a little girl she will die and never exist again or see her family Does sscare the kids! are you emotionaly dead?> i have witnessed it scaring them first hand. I do this every day what do you think im going when i dont come to the forums for 9 months, and then i dont post again for another 5 months etc etc. im out int he real world talking to real people gaining real experience.

I have gave countless experiences and situations and reasons why it scares them you are obviously not reading all of m,y posts.

How can you call what you do debating your such a sneaky little deviant aren't you. god and how much older than me are you? your like 50 and your still a dumbass pessemist who does nothing but troll religious threads.

Look yeah anyone who doubts what i say anbout this man check his entire post history and just look at the amount of religion trolling this dude does. dont beloieve me? just click his post history and then click my post history.

I actualy am tryingf to sprea dhappiness and unity and love for the children,. what do you do you do nothing but wage war on believers with your words and make fun of them your not a nice person.

Your an asshole and thats true and you know it. you mgut have these few little fanboys foolod but your not fooling anyone with a shred of decency and honour. you stand for crap and you pick on theists int he religion forums usualy christians who have a corrupted book to begin with which you know, and you use copy and paste arguments and spam the word

Fail, Fauil Fail. your just a walking one liner and denier.

Lets look at how many thought provoking threads you have started?,

What about your overal agenda? your agenda is an evil one you want to fight god and religon its evident in your posts, whats my motive? yeah i want to spread religion but thats out of my love for people because i actualy want you all to have heaven.

You admit you have no soul and your just a walking bio machine who will perish. thats why you are the way you are because you view yourself as excpendible and a finite little speck.

this question is response to post #167 on page #9 of this thread

revised it a bit

Banned by thread starter for admitting to tryuing to bait me into getting banned.

Back