Are all soldiers like the Nazis?

Hence my comment:

A policy of non-interference in political and religious ideologies is also required.

I have no doubt the Chinese will adapt to changing circumstances. Or make it profitable for the others to.

This is the alternative:

Africom: The Most Unwelcome U.S. Intervention in Africa
Dawit Andebrhan, Nov 4, 2008

Mail this article
Print in plain-text
One of the main topics that have been making world headlines is the formation of the United States Africa Command (Africom). The Command was launched on October 1. However, despite a 19-month effort to win African acceptance, the headquarters of Africom remains in Stuttgart, Germany.

Major political states and regional blocs of the continent rejected the formation of the Command. History tells us that African states hardly agreed on any major issue except in rejecting the formation of the most unwanted American military command, the Africom.

The only base for U.S. operations in the continent is Camp Lemonier in Djibouti that existed since 2002, when the Bush administration put greater emphasis on the Horn of Africa, claiming that…. “Islamic terrorists” were utilizing neighboring Somalia as an area of operation (Abayomi Azikiwe: Editor, Pan-African News Wire). This provides the United States strategic control of the maritime zone through which a quarter of the world's oil production passes. The Djibouti base is also in close proximity to the Sudanese oil pipeline.

Prior to the creation of Africom, the U.S. military command structure in Africa was divided among three other regions: the Central Command, which was responsible for Eritrea, Egypt, Sudan, Ethiopia, Djibouti, Somalia and Kenya; the European Command, which covered other states on the continent; and the pacific Command, with responsibility for Madagascar, the Seychelles and the Indian Ocean area.

According to political analysts of the continent, U.S. has attempted to cover its imperialist objectives and to promote Africom as another assistance program to that end. Some believe that the number one priority of Africom was the so-called war on terrorism. An article published on BBC’s web site stated that the U.S. has no faith in those states it has funded to work toward eradicating the purported influence of al-Qaeda and other organizations that are targeted as a threat to imperialist interests. America has launched a number of airborne attacks on suspected al-Qaeda personnel in Somalia without success, of course.

http://www.shaebia.org/artman/publish/article_5691.shtml

What would you choose?

Will they also be exporting sewage-containing toothpaste, poisoned pet food, poisoned children's toys, candy that contains broken glass and shards of metal, frozen food that contains human waste and shredded cardboard,....

yup
and we americans have yanked plenty of products of the shelf and menus, have we not?

I don't think anyone on my team would ever lower their weapons unless directed to. It's the nature of the beast though. It's not that we seek the opportunity to kill, in todays standards we are usually obligated to follow the wait till they shoot as us before engaging standard. Not all the time, but that's most of the time.

I don't think you'll see everyone laying down weapons at the exact same time to end a war. However, I think I'd gladly do it, if every single person drops their weapons and walks away before I do. I don't want to kill anyone, I don't even want to hurt anyone. I'm the guy who'd avoid the fist fight at a bar, and the one to walk away from a fight. But as a soldier and in my position in life, unit and training. I'll be the last one to walk away, and the first one to engage a hostile zone. No matter the day of the week, the time of day or how long it'll take.

Ricky said:
I'll be the last one to walk away, and the first one to engage a hostile zone.
And most that I have the privilege to know are mostly the same.

Yeah, its one of the reasons I decided its not the place for me.

Thats the reverse of the mentality I am used to. You should be the last one to engage in hostilities after every other option has been exhausted and the first one willing to stop.

That's exactly what someone suggested about the Palestinians. Ha!

Yeah, and its true. Palestinians have already got over it. Ever watch any documentaries on I-P? The distinction is staggering. Its always the Palestinians who will say, the Israeli civilians are innocent [just like us].

Yeah, its one of the reasons I decided its not the place for me.

Thats the reverse of the mentality I am used to. You should be the last one to engage in hostilities after every other option has been exhausted and the first one willing to stop.

Whatever. It still doesn't seem to stop you:rolleyes:

I know Sam. We all know, there is absolutely nothing hostile about you. You have the moral high ground. :runaway:

Would you kill to save you or your family's lives? Yes or no?
Only if attacked.

Personally I think anyone who believes violence is a solution should be requested to blow their brains out.

Well, I don't see any reason not to follow your own advice - please tell me your preference of funeral flowers? Or perhaps you will simply decline to fulfill your own request? :rolleyes:

Actually I thought I proved it very well. Perhaps your expectations were different.

Well, I don't see any reason not to follow your own advice - please tell me your preference of funeral flowers? Or perhaps you will simply decline to fulfill your own request? :rolleyes:

Not at all. If I was fighting back with a gun, you'd be right

Its never been necessary, I usually just nag them to death. :D

You should be the last one to engage in hostilities after every other option has been exhausted and the first one willing to stop.

It'd be nice if that was always possible. Living is a priority for me. Same with not being captured. While I have done the sere school twice and am fully concious of what will happen to me if I am the first one to stop and am captured. I will not do so unless told to stand down. I'd rather die than be captured anyways, because lord knows I don't want to be tortured till I can escape or die.

Those are the hazards of occupation. In your own home, you don't have to worry about stuff like that. Unless you are under occupation.

Back