Any atheists here who were once believers?

I'm well out of college, so no...not underage.
Trooper is just joking around, Mazulu.
Yeah, I didn't catch "chica" until it was too later. It's hard to judge gender or know what anyone looks like around here. But you're still a little violet heart to me.:)

And who says that South Park isn't educational. My son said that the "Atheist War" clip was a must see for me. He was right. It was funny.

haha, yep.
South Park's writers are very clever...I don't watch it all that often, but have to be able to laugh about everyday 'life' stuff now and again. ;)
If we didn't laugh once in a while about all of this, we might go bananas.

@ Mazulu -- no worries!

How many times do I have to say it - they are 100% true.
I not disputing that they are true to you. Am I!

I had a guy tell me that he fired a bullet at a target it bounced off, hit a wall and return to where he was and he caught it. It may be perfectly true and it is feasible, however without further corroborating evidence, it can and will only ever be true to him.

Last edited:
An addition that was added in my old "poem post" (#1132)but so far back that few saw it so is now here:

"Abou Ben Adhem (may his tribe increase!)
Awoke one night from a deep dream of peace,
And saw, within the moonlight in his room,
Making it rich, and like a lily in bloom,
An angel writing in a book of gold:—
Exceeding peace had made Ben Adhem bold,
And to the Presence in the room he said
"What writest thou?"—The vision raised its head,
And with a look made of all sweet accord,
Answered "The names of those who love the Lord."
"And is mine one?" said Abou. "Nay, not so,"
Replied the angel. Abou spoke more low,
But cheerly still, and said "I pray thee, then,
Write me as one that loves his fellow men."

The angel wrote, and vanished. The next night
It came again with a great wakening light,
And showed the names whom love of God had blessed,
And lo! Ben Adhem's name led all the rest. "

An addition that was added in my old "poem post" but so far back that few saw it so is now here:

"Abou Ben Adhem (may his tribe increase!)
Awoke one night from a deep dream of peace,
And saw, within the moonlight in his room,
Making it rich, and like a lily in bloom,
An angel writing in a book of gold:—
Exceeding peace had made Ben Adhem bold,
And to the Presence in the room he said
"What writest thou?"—The vision raised its head,
And with a look made of all sweet accord,
Answered "The names of those who love the Lord."
"And is mine one?" said Abou. "Nay, not so,"
Replied the angel. Abou spoke more low,
But cheerly still, and said "I pray thee, then,
Write me as one that loves his fellow men."

The angel wrote, and vanished. The next night
It came again with a great wakening light,
And showed the names whom love of God had blessed,
And lo! Ben Adhem's name led all the rest. "

Billy, this is quite moving.

It would seem apparent, that you have a lot of wonderful poetry up your sleeve; the poem thread is missing out on these gems. Just sayin'. ;)

So what bit are you disputing then?
Like if I say "I had a dream of ...." There is never any evidence of a dream, is there?
Precisely, see my addendum to my previous post. Without further corroborating evidence it can all be taken with a pinch of salt. If your stories contain anything that would require us to suspend believe, then they can be discarded with malice. disdain.

Last edited:
I not disputing that they are true to you. Am I!

I had a guy tell me that he fired a bullet at a target it bounced off, hit a wall and return to where he was and he caught it. It may be perfectly true and it is feasible, however without further corroborating evidence, it can and will only ever be true to him.
Would you have believed him if it had taken his eye out?
Would you have to be there at the time?

Precisely, see my addendum to my previous post. Without further corroborating evidence it can all be taken with a pinch of salt. If your stories contain anything that would require us to suspend believe, then they can be discarded with malice.
All the people I write about except my Dad, Ben and Olivia (murder victims), the Mystery Man (died the other week) are alive and maybe able to confirm what I say.

How many times do I have to say it - they are 100% true.
I'm mainly just courous, but does that apply to all of the bible? Specifically to the "fact" God made the sun stand still in the heavens for a few hours so some battle could be won (by the good side of course).

Doing that (stopping earth's rotation) would require zeroing all angular momentum, including that in the oceans so they did not slosh over the land masses. Is that what you believe God did? Would it not have been more "natural" just to cause the enemy solders to have heart attacks?

The winners get to write the history so they would naturally have said the enemy was cowards, so afraid of us that their hearts failed.

I'm mainly just courous, but does that apply to all of the bible? Specifically to the "fact" God made the sun stand still in the heavens for a few hours so some battle could be won (by the good side of course).

Doing that (stopping earth's rotation) would require zeroing all angular momentum, including that in the oceans so they did not slosh over the land masses. Is that what you believe God did? Would it not have been more "natural" just to cause the enemy solders to have heart attacks?
Billy you are not only just being curious but you are also mischievous, in that you are raising an issue that should be discussed in the Science section of the forum.

I have a computer with Excel on it and we can do all sorts of math on it, so just tell me some figures and I'll calculate it. How likely is it to dream of two murders, and their separate locations and the perpetrators before the police find them? What is the probability of the impossible? There were real locations in real life that matched the dreams I found them and they were one off locations. No other properties matched.
But I had never been to those locations in my life before then.
To me that is so bizarre even I have trouble understanding it from a human point of view. How can you explain it.

Yes, I understand you believe you have been endowed with special powers, but you haven't, you're just another guy. And, until you take the time to understand what I've been explaining, you'll continue to delude yourself.

You are much more dangerous than me. I can hear it in the tone of your writings. A very dominating person and very easily angered. Seek help for anger management please.

Yes, I understand you don't think that voices in your head telling you to do things is not dangerous, but it is, most definitely.

This is me being angry with you ---> :roflmao:

Billy you are not only just being curious but you are also mischievous, in that you are raising an issue that should be discussed in the Science section of the forum.
Perhaps, but I was really just trying to understand if there was any limits to what you believe is Biblical truth. I.e. all science is to be forgotten when god acts.

Are you familiar with the POV the good Bishop Berkeley stated about 300 years ago? He believed all is illusion provided to his soul /spirit, by the greater spirit. I.e. no matter exist - certainly no Big Bang problem with that POV. The greater spirit would be powerless to work miracles, if the illusions he made did not normally follow the "natural laws" as violation of them is what miracles are.

It is like saying Jesus died for all of our sins. Yeah really! I wasn't even around; so how could he? Same with me, I am sacrificing my life to find the truth so that all may share the truth I discover.

You do not have truths, you have delusions and lies, and no one wants them shared. Just stop. You do nothing but accomplish conflict.

Back