Any atheists here who were once believers?

So consciousness is made out of chemistry? So does all chemistry have some awareness? Should we go back to calling it alchemy?
While we are here on Earth we are bodies, but I tend to believe there is the spirit as well, so what part of my body tunes into the Spirit of God. It is a question on my mind every minute of the day. I want to know, how and where premonitions come from and how those thoughts get put into this lump of chemicals called me?
For I am certain it is not me who is able to know the future.

While we are here on Earth we are bodies, but I tend to believe there is the spirit as well, so what part of my body tunes into the Spirit of God. It is a question on my mind every minute of the day. I want to know, how and where premonitions come from and how those thoughts get put into this lump of chemicals called me?
Well I think that the wave-functions of quantum mechanics are real things. I think that the chemistry of consciousness has has a dynamic and changing wave-function. I think that is the conduit for the soul.

Well I think that the wave-functions of quantum mechanics are real things. I think that the chemistry of consciousness has has a dynamic and changing wave-function. I think that is the conduit for the soul.

Well how does that get into the cellular level, the molecular level? Is there a part of the cell that senses these wave functions?

Hilarious. Yes, I understand you're compelled to tell me that, that is why your religion causes so much conflict in the world.
My religion, Spiritualism, doesn't cause any conflicts. If you weren't so close minded and consumed by unjustified hate, you would see my point.

My religion, Spiritualism, doesn't cause any conflicts. If you weren't so close minded and consumed by unjustified hate, you would see my point.

Yes, your religion teaches you to hate others and lie about anything that will defend it. It does not teach you any morals or ethics, hence the behavior as a result is atrocious.

I understand they didn't believe in Spirits so maybe they didn't believe in God either, but they obeyed the Law. It is remarkably similar to atheism.
Then you obviously cannot read.

Sadducees, or Jews as they are also known, believed in God, just not in the Christian definition of God and the angels impregnating a teenage girl version of God, for example.

The idiocy spouted by some of you is astounding.

Robbitybob1 said:
Explain your point of view then?
What part of 'we're atheists' confuses you?

What part of 'we don't believe there is a God, let alone Jesus Christ' don't you understand?

What part of 'we believe the bible is a fabrication and there is clear evidence that the religious figures so many hold dear and true were actually suffering from psychotic disorders', do you have issues grasping?

Back