Any atheists here who were once believers?

but then you proceed to repeat the same statements (complete with philosophical ambivalence) that are identified as being offensive
:shrug:

I didn't know I needed your approval and others' here, to stop believing in God. Noted.

But, not to worry...:D

df4e26da949e9b4d0017c14ad4bebe1ff8602804.jpg

Just a quickie.
When that time comes, can you guys lay off a tad?
If history is anything to go by atheists can be ever so slightly, very brutal, without any kind of remorse, compassion, or empathy.

In the hope of a humane culling of theists, thanks.

jan.

All you do is berate me, not my views, but me...throughout the entire thread.

I've offered an olive branch, you just return it with more mean spirited comments directed at me.
I'm not interested in really anything you have to say, not because I don't think your points have merit at times, but your delivery is always mean spirited towards me.

There's no reason to converse, going forward. Thanks.

You're wasting your time with wynn. She has a superiority complex, and only exists on this forum to put others down. There's literally nothing of substance to her posts, so you're not going to get anywhere with her.

The faithful have a very strong effect on the behavior of atheists. That's why atheists complain incessantly that they've religion makes people kill everyone else. That's why atheists whine continually that they've never experienced God so they don't believe in God. That's why atheists attack believers by calling their beliefs fairy tales. All this whining and complaining, "Oh! I don't understand what they mean by the Holy Ghost! They must be making it up.", all of this vitriol is: behavior. Duh!

That's not what you said, Mazulu. You said that atheists are compassionate because the faithful are watching. In what respect do the faithful influence the compassionate behavior of atheists? Where is the evidence for this? So far, you've only spoken of the atheist reaction to irrational belief and the danger of organized religion.

You're wasting your time with wynn. She has a superiority complex, and only exists on this forum to put others down. There's literally nothing of substance to her posts, so you're not going to get anywhere with her.
You don't know the depth at which she thinks. Far above the slime liars live in.

In the absence of you being able to find a quote to reference or take the discussion beyond trolling, apparently not

:shrug:

You never quote a reference. You simply say "will the irony never end?" and shart it on the board as if it belongs. Why am I held to a higher standard than you?

Trooper said:
I usually disagree with everything that you say, but I respect your right to say it.

.. and make fun of those that do. Label them, undermine them, so I don't believe you.

Your freedom of religion is a privilege, but it does not mean that you’re privileged, or exempt from mockery.

I never knew that atheists/agnostics go through such opposition in society. I only thought theists dealt with it. I very well might be the most disillusioned person on the planet. Or naive. Or both.

A sad irony.

Back