Any atheists here who were once believers?

A person’s right to hold their religious beliefs must be respected, but not the belief itself.

That's a better point. Agree!

At the of the day, some of us have to just agree to disagree. I don't intend to offend, and if I have...honestly, I apologize to anyone here if I've hurt you in some way with my views. I've been hurt by religion, so my own issues with it and from it are my own and I shouldn't push them on any of you. Even subtly. It sucks when you realize you believed lies for years and called it religion.

Anyway...

At the of the day, some of us have to just agree to disagree. I don't intend to offend, and if I have...honestly, I apologize to anyone here if I've hurt you in some way with my views. I've been hurt by religion, so my own issues with it and from it are my own and I shouldn't push them on any of you. Even subtly. It sucks when you realize you believed lies for years and called it religion.

Anyway...
I've gotten help and guidance from spiritual beings. But eventually I grew wise and knowledgeable, and just knew more about the situation than what a spirit guide could help me with. It breaks my heart that I had to go it alone, so to speak. But I take everything that I've learned and applied it.

You don't like my opinion so you are offended.

And you are a very rude person for conjecturing about people's minds and feelings the way you do.

You have offended me and others too. Guess that happens when religion is the topic.

No one knows the truth about a god, gods, or any variation thereof. I stand by that.
At best, mankind speculated and continues to...as to what he/it may be like.

Perhaps you have a broader definition of "truth" than me. Truth to me means..verifiable. Measurable.
No one has verified with certainty who or what god is.

Doesn't mean he doesn't exist. Just means for now, he is whoever someone believes him/it/they to be. Beliefs aren't truth, Wynn. Well, it might be truth to someone who believes the vision of god they hold, but that's not universal/objective truth.

That's what I'm trying to say. When I was practicing Christianity, I thought it was 'truth.' But, certainly not universal truth, or objective truth. It was actually, just my opinion as to who god was at the time.

Philosophy isn't your strong suit, but you take up philosophical topics anyway - but then aren't able to handle them, so you take things personally, and take offense.

Oh well.

Anyway...

Re bolded part: Then you weren't actually hurt by religion.

Philosophy isn't your strong suit, but you take up philosophical topics anyway - but then aren't able to handle them, so you take things personally, and take offense.

Oh well.

All you do is berate me, not my views, but me...throughout the entire thread.

I've offered an olive branch, you just return it with more mean spirited comments directed at me.
I'm not interested in really anything you have to say, not because I don't think your points have merit at times, but your delivery is always mean spirited towards me.

There's no reason to converse, going forward. Thanks.

All you do is berate me, not my views, but me...throughout the entire thread.
all you do is give opinions that have obvious philosophical and social implications, and then retreat from justifying them in any manner saying it wasn't your intention to go that way, and then several posts later return to the same statements that have the same obvious implications.

I've offered an olive branch, you just return it with more mean spirited comments directed at me.
I'm not interested in really anything you have to say, not because I don't think your points have merit at times, but your delivery is always mean spirited towards me.

There's no reason to converse, going forward. Thanks.
On the contrary, your behavior is like a parrot that has learned to say "sorry" before it bites someone.
:shrug:

yep.
Thing is, I apologized earlier in the thread...for having hurt anyone, was never my intent.
She berates my apology.
Oh well.
but then you proceed to repeat the same statements (complete with philosophical ambivalence) that are identified as being offensive

all you do is give opinions that have obvious philosophical and social implications, and then retreat from justifying them in any manner saying it wasn't your intention to go that way, and then several posts later return to the same statements that have the same obvious mplications.

On the contrary, your behavior is like a parrot that has learned to say "sorry" before it bites someone.
And when a parrot bites it really hurts!

Back