Animal cruelty

The key word when you say "human embryo" is the word Human. In my opinion, it is just another developmental stage of a Human being, therefore it is granted the basic rights of a Human being.

Oh, by the way, you can take this one back to the abortion thread. Essentially, your argument is just speciesism. At least you're consistent in not applying any valid moral framework to your arguments.

James R said:
As I pointed out before, I am superior to you in a moral sense.

I agree with Nietzsche: morality is for the weak to revenge themselves on the strong. Not saying whatshisname is "the strong," but as a general principle, morality does nothing for society.

I agree with Nietzsche: morality is for the weak to revenge themselves on the strong. Not saying whatshisname is "the strong," but as a general principle, morality does nothing for society.

You are dumb and so was Nietzche. Weakness or strength has nothing to do with it. Its also universal laws. In another universe, things could play out differently. Its not that simple. The strong(weak) can come out sitting pretty here but its delusional if you think its just by strength alone, its also circumstantial and how the cookie crumbles. It takes more work to build up than to tear down. A brute that steals ideas or work is not strong, just strong in one aspect. The jerk boss who steals his employees ideas and presents them as his own is obviously not strong. There are different strengths. That is one type of strength. If the 'strong' you were talking of were truly strong, then the weak would need no reason for revenge. I CANNOT BELIEVE THIS. THIS WORLD IS GOING TO HELL IN A HANDBASKET. LISTEN VERY CLOSELY. IT IS BECAUSE OF THE SO-LABELED WEAK(STRONG) THAT LIFE GOES ON. THE STRONG(WEAK) HERE ARE THE TRUE LOSERS. THAT IS WHY THEY *PAY ATTENTION* RESORT TO BULLYING, CONNIVING, PRIMITIVE TACTICS. IT IS THE THIEVERY OF WHAT ANOTHER HAS. THE WEAK ARE LACKING. TO MAKE UP FOR THIS, THEY LEARN TO OVERPOWER THAT WHICH THEY CANNOT COMPETE AGAINST DIRECTLY. THATS STRENGTH OF ONE KIND AND WEAKNESS OF ANOTHER. IS THE GLASS HALF EMPTY OR HALF FULL? I GUESS ITS HOW ONE DECIDES TO PERCIEVE IT. LIFE IS DECEPTIVE.

IF HYPOTHETICALLY, ONE COULD DRAW UP TWO SEPARATED WORLDS. ONE IN WHICH ARE THROWN IN RAPISTS, MURDERERS, LIARS, THIEVES, AND ALL THOSE WHICH OVERPOWER THE *WEAKER* AND THEN PUT THOSE THAT WERE NOT OF THIS STOCK INTO THE OTHER. I CAN GUARANTEE YOU WHO WOULD BE SHOWN TO TRULY BE THE STRONG AND WHERE ONE WOULD CHOOSE TO LIVE. THE FIRST GROUP ARE THAT WAY BECAUSE THEY ARE *INCAPABLE* OF PRODUCING, OF COMING UP WITH IDEAS, ETC,...THAT IS WHY THEY STEAL AND DEPEND, IN ORDER TO COMPENSATE AND MEET THIS COMPETITION IT DEVELOPS MORE AGGRESSIVE PREDATORIAL BEHAVIOR. THE OTHER REALLY DO NOT NEED THEM. PUT THEM TOGETHER. THE BALANCE SHEET IS READ THIS WAY, AT LEAST IN THIS UNIVERSE. THOSE WHO ARE THE MOST LACKING, GET THE MOST. THOSE WHO HAVE THE MOST MUST GIVE THE MOST. WHO IS STRONG AND WHO IS WEAK? HOW CAN ONE TRULY TELL?

Last edited:
I always wonder why people are unable to see what real strength is, that the results are not always an indicator. Just because something has power DOES NOT NECESSARILY means its truly strong. Let me give a few mindteases.

Is an adult who overpowers a child strong or a coward?
Is an adult who molests a child in favor of adult women because then he would be challenged strong or a coward?
Is someone who takes his anger out on a defenseless but more importantly an animal that trusts you weak or strong? WEAK!
If I'm armed and you're unarmed and I pulverize you, What have I proven? I've proven I've pulverized you thats all, STRENGTH HAD NOTHING TO DO WITH IT!!!!! GET IT!!!! I JUST HAPPENED TO HAVE AN ADVANTAGE NOT IN MY CONTROL, THIS WAS NOT A TRUE TEST OF MY STRENGTH!! GEEZ

DO I HAVE TO TEACH EVERYTHING????

Last edited:
the cages themselves were like two foot cubes of chicken wire
there was nothing to get dirty
there were between 2 and 3 birds per cage
I'd say that's very small and crowded for a chicken. I mean, chickens are "big" birds. having 2-3 of those big birds in that space is inhumane if you ask me.

I agree that that is cruel. Just don't try and stop me eating meat.

Why are you happy to continue being cruel?

Is it just a matter of laziness and your personal convenience, like in Quarkmoon's case?

I mean, chickens are "big" birds. having 2-3 of those big birds in that space is inhumane if you ask me.

Not to mention the fact that those chickens probably don't have enough room to even turn around in their cages. Or the fact that they never get to walk around, in their whole lives. Or that they never see the outside of a shed, or are exposed to natural light.

TheAlphaWolf said:
I'd say that's very small and crowded for a chicken. I mean, chickens are "big" birds. having 2-3 of those big birds in that space is inhumane if you ask me.
you might be thinking about roosters, the male chicken
the hen is smaller

you are correct though, these birds live their entire life in a cage
lay their eggs then when they are too old they are shipped off to campbells soup

as far as clean goes, the place didn't reek of chicken shit
and the birds were taken care of

i only worked in the layer house
so i really don't know how the birds were treated before they got there
i assume that they are raised from chicks

as far as humane
i remember seeing some video of rough treatment by workers
if anything like that happened where i worked you would be fired for it

James R said:
Not to mention the fact that those chickens probably don't have enough room to even turn around in their cages. Or the fact that they never get to walk around, in their whole lives. Or that they never see the outside of a shed, or are exposed to natural light.
this is true
there were millions of these birds at the farm i worked at
and they were kept in cages the whole time

you might be thinking about roosters, the male chicken
the hen is smaller
Oh no, I know what hens look like and they are relatively big.
as far as humane
i remember seeing some video of rough treatment by workers
if anything like that happened where i worked you would be fired for it
Yeah, it drives me crazy when I see people grab them by the feet and treat them like they're boxes.
this is true
there were millions of these birds at the farm i worked at
and they were kept in cages the whole time
You think that's humane?
Like I said, some factories are better than others, but I think most of them are inhumane.
Maybe they were clean where you worked, but they were crowded, didn't get to exercise, etc.
What were they fed anyway?

Has anyone mentioned the fact that this is conditional "morality" based on the availability of mass-produced non-meat products? That for a human to survive in the wild on vegetable matter alone would probably occupy his entire waking life, if possible at all???

oh, and speaking of roosters... do you know what they do with male chicks?
They hatch, and the vast majority of them are immediately killed... according to some people (I can't say I know for sure this), they're either put in dumpsters and just let suffocate, or they're ground up alive into animal feed or fertilizer, etc.
Keep in mind that one half of all eggs are male.
Why do they kill them? because one, roosters are aggressive, and two, roosters don't lay eggs. The only reason they let a very small percentage of those born live is to keep making hens.
and speaking of aggressiveness, since chickens are so crowded and stuff, they also cut (half of) their beaks off (I think this is for meat chickens). They do this because crowded conditions make them stab each other with their beaks, which is of course bad for business.
And that's supposed to hurt... also, I think they use a hot thing to cut their beaks off, so that they don't bleed too much... does anyone know more about beaks? hmm... I'll make a new thread.

TheAlphaWolf said:
What were they fed anyway?
i am not sure
the feed ran on a conveyor belt

edit
the entire purpose of the farm was to produce eggs
and of course the chicken for kfc and campbells

TheAlphaWolf said:
You think that's humane?
Like I said, some factories are better than others, but I think most of them are inhumane.
The base word of "humane" is "human".
Last time I checked, chickens aren't humans.

It has nothing to do with what is being treated, it's how they're being treated.
You really should look up the definition, you obviously don't know it.

TheAlphaWolf said:
It has nothing to do with what is being treated, it's how they're being treated.
You really should look up the definition, you obviously don't know it.
Point is, they're chickens. They're bred to die. Die and breed. That's it. I don't care how they do it. Just get the damn thing to lay eggs and die so's I can eat 'em.

superluminal:

Has anyone mentioned the fact that this is conditional "morality" based on the availability of mass-produced non-meat products? That for a human to survive in the wild on vegetable matter alone would probably occupy his entire waking life, if possible at all???

We already produce more than enough non-meat food to support the world if everybody turned vegetarian tomorrow.

Hapsburg:

Point is, they're chickens. They're bred to die. Die and breed. That's it.

Yes. They are bred, live and die entirely for your pleasure, and the pleasure of people like you.

I don't care how they do it. Just get the damn thing to lay eggs and die so's I can eat 'em.

Do you care about anything other than yourself, Hapsburg?

Back