Votes: 6 10.7%
  • No, It is Murder

Votes: 10 17.9%
  • No, (Other Reason)

Votes: 5 8.9%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
yeah, of course. and honestly, if i were raped today, and ended up pregnant because of it, i would give birth to that child, and i would love and care for that child.

why?

because i can, and because it's the right thing to do. because i believe in the power of love, and i believe in god. and i don't have to live my life perpetuating a victimization. for all i know, that motherfucker who raped me could have done me and my child a big favor. he could have brought us together. a child is a blessing. and anything that contradicts that, is wrong.

YOU might think a child is a blessing. Myself, I'm kind of still a student and not earning a shitload, and anyways I'd like to keep my abdominal wall the way it is :D

yes and we're also destroying the planet with pollution for the same reasons, but the fact that we have these reasons doesn't make it right or beneficial to anyone.

and all of this "zygote/fetus timeline, legality, rape, death during childbirth" bullshit is just that, bullshit.
Why? Did you not read your bible (not sure - are you a biblical xian?)

God does not care about zygotes/fetuses. Where did you ever get the idea that abortion is spiritually wrong??? :confused:

.... because i know that the majority of abortions are not in response to rape, or for health/medical reasons. the majority of abortions are the result of blatent sexual irresponsibility.

I can't necessarily disagree with you on that, but again we've already established that we are animals and animals are going to do what animals do. The only question is how best to manage it. Certainly it would be best to prevent the pregnancy up front, but is that not just as repulsive, is that not an affront to your God to prevent those babies from every being conceived (whether it is by keeping you legs closed or birth control or condoms)?

Hahaha. I love how you're avoiding my questions then throwing a temper tantrum.

Abortion is a lot more responsible than having an unwanted child then turning it over to social services to hopefully be adopted by a loving and stable new mom and dad. Hopefully being the operative word there.

You haven't addressed the examples I used either. In the case of the 13 year old girl, having the baby would DAMAGE HER. You would have her undergo that, out of 'responsibility'? You would expect someone to have a child they cannot afford to look after...that's responsible, to you? Bullshit.

Nice of you to call me a whore. I wish I were, I can't get a guy whose EYES align, let alone a decent looking one. I haven't had sex in 2 years. :D

i wasn't calling you a whore necessarily, that was a generality.

and i am addressing your questions...

i would suggest that a 13 year old, in today's society shouldn't be having sex. and i don't necessarily think that's a good thing either. i don't think that it should be such a horrible thing to have a baby, i don't care what age a girl is. 13 year old's have babies every single day, and they deal with it just fine, physically and otherwise, if that's what they choose to do, and if that's what their support system allows. it's generally the support system that sucks ass. we go through puberty for a reason. god hasn't fucked that up. i would suggest that a 13 year old is more physically capable of carrying a baby to term and recovering from childbirth than a 40 year old.

and if a woman can't afford to have a baby, then she should stop having sex! for god's sake, why is that not an option?!?! i mean, if you want to have a medical procedure done to circumvent the issue, then why not have your tubes tied as opposed to chopping up fetuses?

and "affording" is unfortunately all it comes down to nowadays. people can afford all kinds of shit, but they can't afford their kids. why? because society doesn't foster responsibility, or children. it fosters greed.

i don't think that it should be such a horrible thing to have a baby, i don't care what age a girl is.

So if she is so young she does not even have flared hips yet, well, she was irresponsible, she should suck it up and have the baby?

13 year old's have babies every single day, and they deal with it just fine, physically and otherwise

Um...are you sure? Where??

and if a woman can't afford to have a baby, then she should stop having sex! for god's sake, why is that not an option?!?! i mean, if you want to have a medical procedure done to circumvent the issue, then why not have your tubes tied as opposed to chopping up fetuses?

Because 'chopping up fetuses' isn't a big deal. If the thing isn't old enough to be conscious, why would you even care, let alone object?

Lori, back to the issue of ethics/morality for just a sec.

Why is abortion any more or less ethical than a tonsilectomy? Seriously.

Why? Did you not read your bible (not sure - are you a biblical xian?)

God does not care about zygotes/fetuses. Where did you ever get the idea that abortion is spiritually wrong??? :confused:

i'm just suggesting not to get lost in all of the technicalities. i'm suggesting a certain respect for natural law, and the consequences of a person's actions. a responsibility up front, initially. a recognition and responsibility for one's actions given natural law. :shrug:

sex imo is not a past time, and not just a fun way to get some aerobic exercise. there's OBVIOUSLY a lot more to it than that, and it seems to me that people would like to deny that, and that the denial of that results in nothing good, whether it's an abortion, an unloved and uncared for child, or the emotional effect it has on a person.

imo, communion with another human being in that way (the ultimate way), is a big fucking deal. a privilege that comes with immense responsibility. do you see how my opinion differs from the majority? it's polar opposite.

abortion aside, i don't think people are doing themselves any favors by denying the gravity of sex.

Lori, back to the issue of ethics/morality for just a sec.

Why is abortion any more or less ethical than a tonsilectomy? Seriously.

because unless i'm mistaken, a tonsilectomy is not a remedy for irresponsible behavior.

Just one thing:

Err... Ummm... Inflammatory and irrational anyone? Chopping? Really? :bugeye:

what do you think happens to those fetuses? have you ever seen the instrument that is used to abort a fetus? are you aware of how it operates?

that's not inflammatory. that's reality. i was there; i remember.

So if she is so young she does not even have flared hips yet, well, she was irresponsible, she should suck it up and have the baby?

i'm 42 and i don't have flared hips yet. :shrug:

i would suggest that if a girl has gone through puberty enough to conceive, then she's gone through it enough to give birth.

Um...are you sure? Where??

where are you? :confused:

Because 'chopping up fetuses' isn't a big deal. If the thing isn't old enough to be conscious, why would you even care, let alone object?

well, i'll speak for myself then...it was a huge fucking deal to me.

because unless i'm mistaken, a tonsilectomy is not a remedy for irresponsible behavior.
Ok. What about remedies for a hangover then? No moral qualms there.

But anyway, in your previous post you want people to stop denying the gravity of pregnancy. I don't think anyone is doing that. For the mother, everything I've ever heard or had experience with says that the decision to abort can be traumatic. But that's not the point here. If the remedy for irresponsible behavior has less ethical impact than getting a speeding ticket, then why raise such a ruckus about what amounts to a completely personal decision?

what do you think happens to those fetuses? have you ever seen the instrument that is used to abort a fetus? are you aware of how it operates?

that's not inflammatory. that's reality. i was there; i remember.

How late was it? I'm familiar with how DnC and DnX procedures work.

I don't get that either. It's her own body, why is she obliged to let something live in it?

are you trying to say that she didn't know damn well that her sexual behavior would/could/should result in that????????????????????????????????

HELLO. :confused:

i'm suggesting a certain respect for natural law, and the consequences of a person's actions. a responsibility up front, initially. a recognition and responsibility for one's actions given natural law

What's this law and which politicians drew it up? I never heard of it.

sex imo is not a past time, and not just a fun way to get some aerobic exercise. there's OBVIOUSLY a lot more to it than that, and it seems to me that people would like to deny that, and that the denial of that results in nothing good, whether it's an abortion, an unloved and uncared for child, or the emotional effect it has on a person.

Yes, it's a big deal. It doesn't however mean I have to let that piece of gelatine inside me develop into a human.

i would suggest that if a girl has gone through puberty enough to conceive, then she's gone through it enough to give birth.

Tell this to that 9 year old girl who was raped and conceived.

I'm in Ireland.

are you trying to say that she didn't know damn well that her sexual behavior would/could/should result in that????????????????????????????????

HELLO. :confused:

Where did I say that?

I said it's her own body and she doesn't have to keep that blob of gelatine if she doesn't want to.

Should?? You think it's a good thing?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back