Votes: 6 10.7%
  • No, It is Murder

Votes: 10 17.9%
  • No, (Other Reason)

Votes: 5 8.9%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
who cares? what in the hell does happiness have to do with this!?!

Everything.

My basic perspective is that whatever people do, they do so in the hope that it will make them happy. (Whether it then indeed makes them happy or not is another matter.)

Everything.

My basic perspective is that whatever people do, they do so in the hope that it will make them happy. (Whether it then indeed makes them happy or not is another matter.)

happiness is fickle and short-lived, and doesn't have any correlation with right and wrong. it makes some people happy to kill other people.

happiness is fickle and short-lived, and doesn't have any correlation with right and wrong. it makes some people happy to kill other people.

It seems you think that the true nature of a human is not happiness -?

It seems you think that the true nature of a human is not happiness -?

i think that human nature is complex, and that the things that result in happiness for a particular human being do not always result in peace, love, and joy. in fact, many times things that result in happiness destroy us.

like drugs...drugs make people very happy. :m:

Originally Posted by cluelusshusbund
Is ther anythang you do thats "right" an yet it makes you un-hapy.???

yeah, plenty. try being celibate for 8 years. :)

But didnt you know that choosin to do the right thang an be celibate... woud lead to grater happyness than choosin to do the rong thang.???

Originally Posted by cluelusshusbund
Is ther anythang you do thats "right" an yet it makes you un-hapy.???

But didnt you know that choosin to do the right thang an be celibate... woud lead to grater happyness than choosin to do the rong thang.???

it was the right thing in my case, but i can't say i was happy about it. am i better off for my decision now? yes.

it was the right thing in my case, but i can't say i was happy about it. am i better off for my decision now? yes.

Well "you" is who im talkin about... so you chose to do what you thout woud brang you the mos happyness... ie... maxium happyness is you'r ultimate desire.!!!

Well "you" is who im talkin about... so you chose to do what you thout woud brang you the mos happyness... ie... maxium happyness is you'r ultimate desire.!!!

I agree.

I remember Lori once said "God is not in the business of making people happy". I was really stupefied by that statement.

I remember Lori once said "God is not in the business of making people happy". I was really stupefied by that statement.

Well it depends on the context it was said... but i once worked wit a Christan fundamentalist woman an she said she looked forward to Jesus comin an takin her away to be rid of earf an her body... but she made her own hell-on-earf by the restrictons she put on herself so she woud stay "rite-wit-God" an not miss out on eternal Glory... it seemed that mos everthang to her was sin (even sin-full thouts) an to be avoided at the risk of everlastin hell... she was jus puttin in time bein a good solger for God an lookin forward to dyin... but botom line... she was doin what she figered was her bes chance for maxium happyness.!!!

no, in this case righteousness was my ultimate desire. when i made that decision, and all the time i lived with it, i was very lonely, and was NOT happy about that. i just felt that, given my circumstances, and the knowledge i'd been given, it was the only right choice. and all that time i never expected that to change. i thought that i would never be married in this life. i felt as though that's what god wanted. that for some good reason, that's the way it had to be, and i trusted that. but i also felt isolated and alienated on purpose from something that was very desirable, and for a good reason, and i was actually hurt and angry about that.

no, in this case righteousness was my ultimate desire.

So you appear to think that righteousness and happiness can sometimes be mutually exclusive?

Also, do you think that when you are finally reunited with God - will you be happy then? If yes, what will that happiness be like?

I agree.

i'm not sure why you're puzzled by that.

imo, god is in the business of creation and perfection, which includes development over time. and in this phase of our development, we are experiencing (which is the only true path to learning) good and evil...life and death. and as i've said, it is clear to me that good things can make people sad, and evil things can make people very happy. so imo, happiness is just irrelevant in this life.

emotions are of the flesh. they're just something you feel like you feel the cold wind on your face, or a warm blanket. they're a part of life and you feel them, but they're not necessarily tied to any good reason or truth at all. they may not lead to any good behavior at all, to any righteousness, or to treating people in a way that is truly loving. even the emotion of love doesn't lead people to treat others in a way that is loving. right?

once a month women have a crash course in this concept.

now a knowledge of god (along with righteousness and true love) give a sense of peace and joy that is realized whether you happen to be happy, or happen to be sad.

So you appear to think that righteousness and happiness can sometimes be mutually exclusive?

yeah. not always. i just don't think they're contingent. i don't think it's a good idea to allow your emotions to guide your decision-making or behavior. as a rule, i think your decisions and behavior should be tied to something more objective.

Also, do you think that when you are finally reunited with God - will you be happy then? If yes, what will that happiness be like?

it's hard to say given my experience with him. lol.

i think that ultimately the human race will be perfected. that is this condition of sin will be eliminated somehow. and we will have a restored communion with god and each other, which will allow us to live in perfect truth, love, freedom, and peace.

i would imagine that perfect truth, love, freedom, and peace would make some of us humans happy.

i also think that some people wouldn't want any part of this perfect existence. they are happy with things just the way they are.

sin is said to reside in the flesh, and so the desires of the flesh (based upon it's feelings) are often times unrighteous (evil). so if a christian, or anyone for that matter, wants to truly love, and to do the right thing, often times will have to act contrary to their feelings, or regardless of them. because the flesh is subject to conditioning, over time, this dynamic becomes a no-brainer. the christian metaphor for this is "crucifying the flesh". you feel and experience the desires of your flesh die off, while something much greater than these grows on the inside.

do you think jesus was happy most of his life?

do you think jesus was happy most of his life?

I would certainly hope so.

But perhaps we are using words differently - what you describe as "happiness", I would call "pleasure" or "cheerfulness".

now a knowledge of god (along with righteousness and true love) give a sense of peace and joy that is realized whether you happen to be happy, or happen to be sad.

You seem to be saying that a person can be both joyous and sad at the same time.

?

Last edited:
i would imagine that perfect truth, love, freedom, and peace would make some of us humans happy.

i also think that some people wouldn't want any part of this perfect existence. they are happy with things just the way they are.

In order to witness this perfect truth, love, freedom and peace, I imagine one would have to obtain some qualifications, and that without those qualifications one would simply be unable to witness them.

So for those without such qualification, there would be no issue about wanting or not wanting to have part in that perfect existence, since without the qualification, they wouldn't have a correct understanding of what that perfection is to begin with.

You seem to think though that such qualification is not necessary, and that everyone, already in their current state, is capable of correctly understanding and witnessing perfection, but still is able to decide either for it or against it.
I think this is an absurd position, as it implies that (some) persons are evil or insane or corrupted by nature - ie. that they were already made evil, insane or corrupted. Because only an inherently evil, insane or otherwise corrupted being could witness perfection and not opt for it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back