• No, It is Murder

Votes: 10 17.9%
  • No, (Other Reason)

Votes: 5 8.9%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
in the sense that it is conscious

It cannot be reduced to any other state - kind of like just a woman cannot be half pregnant, a living entity cannot be half alive

so all life, from the microbe to the blue whale, shares the same completeness

What do you mean by "completeness".???

...don't know where you got the idea that all humans are created equal .. although I did present that life is equal (and that there is no material impediment for a human to take up devotional service to god)

oK... you say "there is no material impediment for a human to take up devotional service to god"... give an esample of what you mean by "material impediment".!!!

oK... you say "there is no material impediment for a human to take up devotional service to god"... give an esample of what you mean by "material impediment".!!!
issues of occupation, gender, nationality, intelligence, physical prowess, beauty, wealth, fame etc frame all that paves or prohibits most action in this world.

Originally Posted by cluelusshusbund

issues of occupation, gender, nationality, intelligence, physical prowess, beauty, wealth, fame etc frame all that paves or prohibits most action in this world.

oK... but all those "impediments" esist... so how can you say "there is no material impediment for a human to take up devotional service to God".???

oK... but all those "impediments" esist... so how can you say "there is no material impediment for a human to take up devotional service to God".???
the act of devotion to god doesn't require these things ... IOW spiritual life is all about attitude to things (ie what you do with them) and not acquisition of things

the act of devotion to god doesn't require these things ... IOW spiritual life is all about attitude to things (ie what you do with them) and not acquisition of things

So there are material impediments that can keep a human from takein up devotional service to god... an dew to humans not bein created equal... som humans have a propensity to make bad choises an wind up in hell.???

So there are material impediments that can keep a human from takein up devotional service to god... an dew to humans not bein created equal... som humans have a propensity to make bad choises an wind up in hell.???
Actually its there are no material impediments that keep a human from taking up the devotional service of god (since everyone utilizes something in some manner) ... and its the nature of taking birth as a human that everyone is under a different set of conditions (so regardless of their attitude to what they are utilizing, what they are utilizing will be different) ... and hell, or even in a broad sense - the arrival of suffering - is a consequence of one's attitude (and resultant actions) to things around them ... which more often than not is a result of bad intelligence

Actually its there are no material impediments that keep a human from taking up the devotional service of god (since everyone utilizes something in some manner) ... and its the nature of taking birth as a human that everyone is under a different set of conditions (so regardless of their attitude to what they are utilizing, what they are utilizing will be different) ...

What do you mean by "everyone utilizes something in some manner".???

and hell, or even in a broad sense - the arrival of suffering - is a consequence of one's attitude (and resultant actions) to things around them ... which more often than not is a result of... ...bad intelligence

Do people who act on "bad intelegence" deserve to suffer.???

Signal do you believe that everyone should remain celibate til marriage?

If they don't meet someone to marry should they simply remain celibate?

This being within a situation where contraceptives are readily available.

Well admittedly no, that's what "self abuse" :)D) is for.

But it isn't as emotionally fulfilling as having sex with another human being.

You feel that people should go without it all their lives unless they're willing to have babies?

An intelligent person knows that there are better things to do in order to find satisfaction and meaning in life than to limit themselves to behaviors that any animal is capable of.

An intelligent person knows that there are better things to do in order to find satisfaction and meaning in life than to limit themselves to behaviors that any animal is capable of.

I'm not sure I understand you. Are you saying that you do not believe in any sexual contact between human beings unless its for procreation purposes? In which case couples would only engage in sexual activity a handful of times during their lifetime solely when trying to reproduce?

Does this include marriage? I mean do you believe that a married couple should abstain from sex if they are simply doing so for pleasure?

Do you believe that its the goal of a human being to live like a monk?

Also just out of curiosity would you hold the same opinion towards sex among a homosexual couple for example?

Most people do not spend most of their time indulging in said 'animal behaviours' but even the intelligent enjoy sex. Which brings me to the following question which is whether you believe that human beings belong to nature? Do you think of human beings as being an animal within the constraints of nature or outside of it?

Kind of reminds me of this book I read a long time ago by Daniel Quinn called Ishmael. Have you read it?

Anyway I am way off topic here but I am truly curious to your answers.

Lucy -

I can only repeat myself:

Lucy -

I can only repeat myself:

Having sex once in the evening with your boyfriend is not limiting yourself to only animal behaviours.

Do people who act on "bad intelegence" deserve to suffer.???

only when they act on it

oK... so women who get abortons (at the very least have done so based on bad intelegence) will be punished by God until they use ther free will to learn the err of ther way.???

What about the aborted babys... are they saved by God to enjoy eternal heaven.???

oK... so women who get abortons (at the very least have done so based on bad intelegence) will be punished by God until they use ther free will to learn the err of ther way.???
sure

What about the aborted babys... are they saved by God to enjoy eternal heaven.???
death at any stage in life is never a guarantee to get out of the cycle of birth and death.

There are many things one can do to warrant the karma for being killed in the womb. The most obvious is to have done it in a previous life.

sure

death at any stage in life is never a guarantee to get out of the cycle of birth and death.

There are many things one can do to warrant the karma for being killed in the womb. The most obvious is to have done it in a previous life.

so your concluding that karma something that cannot be proven to a previous life which also cannot be proven.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back