A solution to child rape

Do they? I wasn't aware. They get enough at Guantanamo Bay, though, don't they? And innocent people wouldn't need to be tortured for information: so if they send anyone, it's terrorists and they DESERVE to be tortured.

Actually out of the 70,000 or so people not a single one has been convicted of any crime. So no one can claim they are terrorists.

Actually out of the 70,000 or so people not a single one has been convicted of any crime. So no one can claim they are terrorists.

Thank you, Sam. That's a lot worse than I thought it was.

To me it matters a lot more how I behave than how "they" behave.

Crime is reduced in the ME? Child molestation is, but its not because of any punishment. In fact, your example of the ME is an excellent one for what I am thinking.

Why do you think child molestation is so low in the ME? Why are children not sexualised there?

It isn't limited to child molestation; nearly all crimes are substantially lower when juxtaposed to other nations/societies. Why is the crime low? It's a very basic tenet of human nature. You don't do something deemed wrong if you know there will be severe repercussions.

When you touch a hot stove, what is it that makes you take great caution the next time around? The fear of being burned.

So your solution to a crime is to become the same as the criminal.

You can't compare the two. The criminal chose to commit his heinous acts, and you are merely punishing him for it. It isn't the same there, because you aren't doing it to an innocent person, you're doing it to a disgusting child rapist.

Latakia and Damascus but Latakia is my home city and I love it beautiful too....would you like some pics? Anything else you would like to add? Perhaps a video on how good life is in Syria and how beautiful?

Yet murder, robbery, etc is very low now why is that?

You don't stay in Syria. :p

And I do not think there would be much instances of child molestation in Syria either.

I bet there children can go about unsupervised.

In Guantanamo Bay? Surely you don't mean Syria, for two reasons:

1) innocent people wouldn't need to be tortured for information, because they could just say it

2) the CIA and Syria don't have a great relationship.

You don't stay in Syria. :p

And I do not think there would be much instances of child molestation in Syria either.

I bet there children can go about unsupervised.

Yes, but I visit quite often and grew up there, and have lived there. Anything else you want to add?

There are not much instances of crime there, and unlike in the US you can walk the streets without worrying if someone is going to rob you or rape you. I can head down the street and buy a coke at 2 AM (assuming the store is open) without worrying about being mugged.

No, because the police force would take EXTREME caution. As I said, only the most plain and open criminals. For all others, an effective chase would do. It all centers around arming and permitting the police to do their job.

As for catching a molester.....it would be tough and the child would be at risk, so such a strategy wouldn't work. But I guarantee you people would be alot more worried and think twice when they know that the police will toast their ass if they are caught.

Anyone who would molest a child knowing what they face in this society isn't thinking. There are actually pedophiles who won't touch a child because they know what happens to the child, not just what the pedophile does but because of the penalties that the child suffers from other people.

I want the thinking and the use of the alternative to be as automatic as breathing. When you want to do THIS, do THAT instead. It would also help to train the people involved how to do it right when they are not under the gun.

It isn't limited to child molestation; nearly all crimes are substantially lower when juxtaposed to other nations/societies. Why is the crime low? It's a very basic tenet of human nature. You don't do something deemed wrong if you know there will be severe repercussions.

When you touch a hot stove, what is it that makes you take great caution the next time around? The fear of being burned.

I think there are many more factors at play than brutality. The social system in the ME is not geared towards increasing crime. Criminals are not abandoned or discarded by the family or society. The solutions to crimes are focused more on resolving the issue than retribution to the criminal. e.g. if the victim forgives the criminal, no punishment is given (at least in Saudi Arabia, I don't know about other places).

Or because a lot of crime goes unreported because it is done to people who are beneath the notice of the law?

And my idea basically builds on yours: when you want to do THIS, don't do it. And if you do, THAT will happen.

You can't compare the two. The criminal chose to commit his heinous acts, and you are merely punishing him for it. It isn't the same there, because you aren't doing it to an innocent person, you're doing it to a disgusting child rapist.

And yet the actual behavior looks like that of a sadistic goon. It even works the same.

In Guantanamo Bay? Surely you don't mean Syria, for two reasons:

1) innocent people wouldn't need to be tortured for information, because they could just say it

2) the CIA and Syria don't have a great relationship.

I don't know if the US has sent people to Syria, I am talking in general. And you don't know what politicians would do. But no, not one of those people has been convicted.

Or because a lot of crime goes unreported because it is done to people who are beneath the notice of the law?

Nah, it's cause there isn't alot of crime, believe me. Even Lebanon has a considerably low crime rate compared to the US. Ah, who am I kidding, they have a FAR lower crime rate compared to the US. And Beirut's a great place to live, like Damascus.

I think there are many more factors at play than brutality. The social system in the ME is not geared towards increasing crime. Criminals are not abandoned or discarded by the family or society. The solutions to crimes are focused more on resolving the issue than retribution to the criminal. e.g. if the victim forgives the criminal, no punishment is given (at least in Saudi Arabia, I don't know about other places).

Really? I thought the Middle East was the place that usually executed criminals at very high levels. My mistake.

Do you know what you're talking about? Besides, you haven't offered any of your own unique solutions to counter such crime (assuming you consider rape/murder a crime, which this thread would not indicate).

And my idea basically builds on yours: when you want to do THIS, don't do it. And if you do, THAT will happen.

So you have an urge, and you do nothing with it because your life is threatened by strangers who give you nothing in return except that they decide not to kill you today.

It's a lot better to simply have an outlet for those urges that is not criminalized.

I don't know if the US has sent people to Syria, I am talking in general. And you don't know what politicians would do. But no, not one of those people has been convicted.

Then that is a different issue. Look, my suggestion applies only to CONVICTED CRIMINALS.

Nah, it's cause there isn't alot of crime, believe me. Even Lebanon has a considerably low crime rate compared to the US. Ah, who am I kidding, they have a FAR lower crime rate compared to the US. And Beirut's a great place to live, like Damascus.

Isn't Lebanon one of the major sources of exploding people?

Apples and oranges, classic post hoc fallacy.

Back