1+1+1=1? What's Up with the Trinity?

LIGHTBEING,

C'mon. Taking your religion to other Soloar systems and Planets. 1 of 2 things would happen.

1. Extraterrestrials will reject your religion just as you do to others. It's possible that they have religion also.

2. Extraterrestrials will convince you that you don't need religion. That would be great!!!! Please take me with you so I can witness this one.

There are Esoteric Christians that believe that estraterrestrials already know and accept Christianism. There are also depoiments of abducted people where they saw crosses inside UFOs. Some say that they have pictures of Jesus and Buddha, for example. They say that extraterrestrials believe and accept many Religions of earth at the same time. Many are Christians, Buddhists, Taoist and Hinduist all at the same time.

I'm not agreeing with it. I'm just exposing the facts.

Blessings,
Nelson

Originally posted by Avatar
this is a stupid, stupid idea. really.

Can some one please call a doctor. :D :D
So the missionaries are getting free rides in space ships and I am not?.

What make this a stupid idea?
If you think about, there are people that say that there are connections between God and extraterrestrials... aren't there?
In the Bible and in many other Religions you can find "clouds" everywhere. What are the "clouds"? Some say they are UFOs...

Why did ancient people constructed temples with doors that have meters of height? There are some esoteric people that say that there are some very tall extraterrestrials... any connection?

And the Vimanas in the Hinduism? They all talk about UFOs. I'll post a link about it later, when I arrive at home...

Blessings,
Nelson

Truthseeker,

Don't get me wrong. I do believe in Extraterrestrials and the Bible has plenty of scripture to back that up. But I can't believe that Extraterrestrials would believe in such a religion as Christianity that us Humans created.

Don't get me wrong. I do believe in Extraterrestrials and the Bible has plenty of scripture to back that up. But I can't believe that Extraterrestrials would believe in such a religion as Christianity that us Humans created.
my point LIGHTBEING.

btw, why would aliens worship cross. it is like worshipping hangings (was tht right) or electric chair.

Here is the site:
http://www.mystae.com/restricted/streams/scripts/vimana.html

LIGHTBEING,

If the Bible has plenty of scripture to back it up, why wouldn't Extraterrestrials be directly related with it? Did Humans created the Bible? Or it was a divine inspiration? Or an extraterrestrial inspiration? Remember that Moses received the Ten Commandaments when he was at thet mountain and the "clouds" stay there with him. The "clouds" told him the Ten Commmandaments... do you get the idea? :D
And it were the "clouds" that guided them to the place chosen to them...

After all that, what is not possible...?

They don't worship the cross. They only have it like a simbol.

Maybe they do it to make Christians feel more comfortable when they are being analy probed

It's possible that the cross make abducted Christians feel more comfortable... ;)

P.S.:I repeat it here. I'm only exposing the facts. I do not agree with those things (unless they are proved right...).

Blessings,
Nelson

But from where the simbol was taken?
get my point

It's the simbol of Christ's sacrifice toward sinful humans...
what's up with that...? :confused:

Blessings,
Nelson

Yes they did. Before Jesus, they surely don't have any crosses...
If you read the Bible, you'll find them (if you assume they were the clouds) with Abraham. Then, with Moses. And in many other places before. And they knew Jesus. The "clouds" appear when He was transfigured in the mountain... ;)

Cross is an ancient symbol, true, but such are swastika and pentagram too.
BTW, christians took the symbol of cross from Yeshua. Yeshua was linked to the cross thing, because he died on one. Cross in that place and time was much as hangings in 16th century France. i.e. christians weren't/aren't refering to Ankh (one of the three most ancient sybols on earth).
And if we beleive tht aliens created us (or atleast genetically modified) ancient people thought of them as gods, and nowaday people are also. Why do you think they would worship themselves? There is no mention in bible tht god(s), angels worshiped smone else.
Cheers!

Why do you think they would worship themselves?

Perhaps the crosses are only to identify them...?!? :D

I don't think they worship themselves. Actually I prefer not even to talk about this... :p

I was only exposing some people's opinion. ;)

Blessings,
Nelson

Good Posts.

But putting it simply, some of us in other fields don't understand everything about science, but we don't deny science exists, just because we havent studied it and don't understand everything about it. I think it's the same with the Bible. Anything you don't understand you have to skip over, maybe pray for understanding and try it again another time. No matter what problems we may have with it, that doesn't mean it isn't real and to be trusted in. (Dangling participle? Sorry about that.)

The Trinity Examined

In some places in the bible, Jesus speaks of himself and his Father (GOD) being "One". Many churches believe this indicates that Jesus was not a man truly like you and I, but was actually God, who for a while had put on flesh like a a garment to work out our salvation.

For us to understand this subject, we have to study the following subjects:

1. Where did Jesus say he and God were "one", and based upon other scriptures, what did he mean when he talked about his oneness with God.

2. What does the bible tells us are the characteristics of God, and did Jesus match all those characteristics?

3. How did Jesus speak about himself in relation to God?

4. How did Jesus fit into God's plan of salvation for this planet
Let us examine what Jesus really was saying, when he said he was "one" with God.

"I and my father are one..."
Jesus spoke several times about a "Oneness" that he and his father shared

John 10:30 I and my Father are one. Then the Jews took up stones again to stone him. 32 Jesus answered them, Many good works have I shewed you from my Father; for which of those works do ye stone me? 33 The Jews answered him, saying, For a good work we stone thee not; but for blasphemy; and because that thou, being a man, makest thyself God. 34 Jesus answered them, Is it not written in your law, I said, Ye are gods? 35 If he called them gods, unto whom the word of God came, and the scripture cannot be broken; 36 Say ye of him, whom the Father hath sanctified, and sent into the world, Thou blasphemest; because I said, I am the Son of God? 37 If I do not the works of my Father, believe me not. 38 But if I do, though ye believe not me, believe the works: that ye may know, and believe, that the Father is in me, and I in him.

What did Jesus mean when he said that he and his father were "one"? He explained what he meant in:

John 17:21 That they all may be one; as thou, Father, art in me, and I in thee, that they also may be one in us: that the world may believe that thou hast sent me. 22 And the glory which thou gavest me I have given them; that they may be one, even as we are one: 23 I in them, and thou in me, that they may be made perfect in one; and that the world may know that thou hast sent me, and hast loved them, as thou hast loved me.
Look at this verse. Jesus wants his apostles to be one, just like he is one with God. How were the apostles and his believers "one"? Their common focus of serving the commands of God made them one. Many places in the bible, believers are referred as being of "one body" composed of many separate parts. Though they are many different people, to Christ they are one body accomplishing God's will.

This same explanation of "oneness" is also given in John 14:20

John 14:20 At that day ye shall know that I am in my Father, and ye in me, and I in you.
Lastly, look at 1 John 4 to see how God dwells within us, and how we become "one" with him

1 John 4:12 No man hath seen God at any time. If we love one another, God dwelleth in us, and his love is perfected in us. 13 Hereby know we that we dwell in him, and he in us, because he hath given us of his Spirit. 14 And we have seen and do testify that the Father sent the Son to be the Saviour of the world. 15 Whosoever shall confess that Jesus is the Son of God, God dwelleth in him, and he in God. 16 And we have known and believed the love that God hath to us. God is love; and he that dwelleth in love dwelleth in God, and God in him.
After we discuss the attributes of God, and Christ's relationship with his father, we will cover some verses that tell how perfectly Christ reflected the attributes of his father.

How does God Differ from Jesus?

Malachi 3:6 For I am the LORD, I change not; therefore ye sons of Jacob are not consumed.

God Cannot Die Jesus Died

1 Timothy 6:16 Who only hath immortality, dwelling in the light which no man can approach unto; whom no man hath seen, nor can see: to whom be honour and power everlasting. Amen.Deuteronomy 32:39 See now that I, even I, am he, and there is no god with me: I kill, and I make alive; I wound, and I heal: neither is there any that can deliver out of my hand. 40 For I lift up my hand to heaven, and say, I live for ever.

Psalms 90:2 Before the mountains were brought forth, or ever thou hadst formed the earth and the world, even from everlasting to everlasting, thou art God.

Psalms 102:27 But thou art the same, and thy years shall have no end.
Luke 23:46 And when Jesus had cried with a loud voice, he said, Father, into thy hands I commend my spirit: and having said thus, he gave up the ghost.

God never gets tired or sleeps Jesus slept

Isaiah 40:28 Hast thou not known? hast thou not heard, that the everlasting God, the LORD, the Creator of the ends of the earth, fainteth not, neither is weary? there is no searching of his understanding.
Mark 4:37 And there arose a great storm of wind, and the waves beat into the ship, so that it was now full. 38 And he was in the hinder part of the ship, asleep on a pillow: and they awake him, and say unto him, Master, carest thou not that we perish? 39 And he arose, and rebuked the wind, and said unto the sea, Peace, be still. And the wind ceased, and there was a great calm.

God knows everything There were things that God knew that Jesus didn't
(Jesus did not have the same intellect as God)
Isaiah 42:8 I am the LORD: that is my name: and my glory will I not give to another, neither my praise to graven images.
9 Behold, the former things are come to pass, and new things do I declare: before they spring forth I tell you of them.

Isaiah 46:9 Remember the former things of old: for I am God, and there is none else; I am God, and there is none like me, 10 Declaring the end from the beginning, and from ancient times the things that are not yet done, saying, My counsel shall stand, and I will do all my pleasure:

Isaiah 48:3 I have declared the former things from the beginning; and they went forth out of my mouth, and I shewed them; I did them suddenly, and they came to pass.
Mark 13:32 But of that day and that hour knoweth no man, no, not the angels which are in heaven, neither the Son, but the Father. 33 Take ye heed, watch and pray: for ye know not when the time is.

God can't be in the presence of evil Jesus was tempted of the devil in the wilderness

Psalms 5:4 For thou art not a God that hath pleasure in wickedness: neither shall evil dwell with thee.

Habakkuk 1:13 Thou art of purer eyes than to behold evil, and canst not look on iniquity: wherefore lookest thou upon them that deal treacherously, and holdest thy tongue when the wicked devoureth the man that is more righteous than he?

Matthew 4:1 Then was Jesus led up of the spirit into the wilderness to be tempted of the devil. 2 And when he had fasted forty days and forty nights, he was afterward an hungred. 3 And when the tempter came to him, he said, If thou be the Son of God, command that these stones be made bread. 4 But he answered and said, It is written, Man shall not live by bread alone, but by every word that proceedeth out of the mouth of God.

God can't be tempted by evil Jesus was tempted like we are

James 1:13 Let no man say when he is tempted, I am tempted of God: for God cannot be tempted with evil, neither tempteth he any man: Hebrews 4:14 Seeing then that we have a great high priest, that is passed into the heavens, Jesus the Son of God, let us hold fast our profession. 15 For we have not an high priest which cannot be touched with the feeling of our infirmities; but was in all points tempted like as we are, yet without sin.

God cannot be seen Christ was obviously seen by those around him

Exodous 33:20 And he said, Thou canst not see my face: for there shall no man see me, and live.

John 1:18 No man hath seen God at any time, the only begotten Son, which is in the bosom of the Father, he hath declared him.

John 5:37 And the Father himself, which hath sent me, hath borne witness of me. Ye have neither heard his voice at any time, nor seen his shape.

1 Timothy 6:16 Who only hath immortality, dwelling in the light which no man can approach unto; whom no man hath seen, nor can see: to whom be honour and power everlasting. Amen.

1 John 4:12 No man hath seen God at any time. If we love one another, God dwelleth in us, and his love is perfected in us.

God does not dwell on the earth, and he is not a man Christ dwelled in Nazareth, and was a man

Number 23:19 God is not a man, that he should lie; neither the son of man, that he should repent: hath he said, and shall he not do it? or hath he spoken, and shall he not make it good?

1 Kings 8:27 But will God indeed dwell on the earth? behold, the heaven and heaven of heavens cannot contain thee; how much less this house that I have builded?

Job 9:32 For he is not a man, as I am, that I should answer him, and we should come together in judgment.
Matthew 2:22 But when he heard that Archelaus did reign in Judaea in the room of his father Herod, he was afraid to go thither: notwithstanding, being warned of God in a dream, he turned aside into the parts of Galilee: 23 And he came and dwelt in a city called Nazareth: that it might be fulfilled which was spoken by the prophets, He shall be called a Nazarene.

How did Christ speak about himself in relation to God?

According to the doctrine of the trinity, God, Jesus and the holy spirit are one person. That one person has three different entities that are co-equal and co-eternal and equally omniscient. These terms mean that they are all equal, all are eternal, and all knowing. Somehow they can be separate, yet they are still one.
For this section, we will consider the words of Jesus as he spoke about himself in relation to God.
1. Did Jesus and God share the same intellect?
2. Did Jesus refer to himself and God as being equal?
3. Did Christ derive his power and life from himself, or from a God that was not part of himself?

Did God and Jesus share the same intellect?

Matthew 24:36 But of that day and hour knoweth no man, no, not the angels of heaven, but my Father only.

Mark 13:32 But of that day and that hour knoweth no man, no, not the angels which are in heaven, neither the Son, but the Father.

God knew when Jesus would return to the earth. This was something that even Jesus did not know. This shows that by God knowing something that Jesus didn't, they did not share the same intellect.

Did God and Jesus share the same will?

Mark 14:36 And he said, Abba, Father, all things are possible unto thee; take away this cup from me: nevertheless not what I will, but what thou wilt.

Luke 22:42 Saying, Father, if thou be willing, remove this cup from me: nevertheless not my will, but thine, be done.

John 6:38 For I came down from heaven, not to do mine own will, but the will of him that sent me.

Jesus in the garden of Gathsemane, was in mental agony as he thought about the agonizing death he would have to suffer. He made it clear that this death was not his will, but his fathers, because he asked his father if he could be excused, and then submitted to what he knew God's command was.
Jesus also made it clear in John 6:38 that when he was on the earth, he was not doing what he wanted to do, but what God wanted him to do. Jesus submitted himself perfectly to God's commands and will, but he did not have the same will as his father.

Was the doctrine Jesus taught his own?

John 12:49 For I have not spoken of myself; but the Father which sent me, he gave me a commandment, what I should say, and what I should speak. 50 And I know that his commandment is life everlasting: whatsoever I speak therefore, even as the Father said unto me, so I speak.

John 14:24 He that loveth me not keepeth not my sayings: and the word which ye hear is not mine, but the Father's which sent me.

John 15:15 Henceforth I call you not servants; for the servant knoweth not what his lord doeth: but I have called you friends; for all things that I have heard of my Father I have made known unto you.

John 17:7 Now they have known that all things whatsoever thou hast given me are of thee. 8 For I have given unto them the words which thou gavest me; and they have received them, and have known surely that I came out from thee, and they have believed that thou didst send me.

Jesus made it clear that the doctrine he taught was not from him (which it would have been if he were God). He told everyone that the doctrine he received was from God.
Did Jesus Consider God his equal in virtue?

Matthew 19:17 And he said unto him, Why callest thou me good? there is none good but one, that is, God: but if thou wilt enter into life, keep the commandments.

Luke 18:19 And Jesus said unto him, Why callest thou me good? none is good, save one, that is, God.

Did Jesus say that he could do or deliver things
that were reserved for God?

Did Jesus ever indicate God was greater than him?

Matthew 20:23 And he saith unto them, Ye shall drink indeed of my cup, and be baptized with the baptism that I am baptized with: but to sit on my right hand, and on my left, is not mine to give, but it shall be given to them for whom it is prepared of my Father.

John 14:28 Ye have heard how I said unto you, I go away, and come again unto you. If ye loved me, ye would rejoice, because I said, I go unto the Father: for my Father is greater than I.

1 Corinthians 3:23 And ye are Christ's; and Christ is God's.

1 Corinthians 11:3 But I would have you know, that the head of every man is Christ; and the head of the woman is the man; and the head of Christ is God.

1 Corinthians 15:23 But every man in his own order: Christ the firstfruits; afterward they that are Christ's at his coming. 24 Then cometh the end, when he shall have delivered up the kingdom to God, even the Father; when he shall have put down all rule and all authority and power. 25 For he must reign, till he hath put all enemies under his feet.

1 Corinthians 15:27 For he hath put all things under his feet. But when he saith all things are put under him, it is manifest that he is excepted, which did put all things under him.

1 Corinthians 15:28 And when all things shall be subdued unto him, then shall the Son also himself be subject unto him that put all things under him, that God may be all in all.
Philippians 2:5 (RSV) Have this mind among yourselves, which is yours in Christ Jesus, 6 who, though he was in the form of God, did not count equality with God a thing to be grasped, 7 but emptied himself, taking the form of a servant, being born in the likeness of men. 8 And being found in human form he humbled himself and became obedient unto death, even death on a cross. 9 Therefore God has highly exalted him and bestowed on him the name which is above every name,

Did Jesus go back to heaven to be with himself, or does he, as a seperate person, sit on the right hand of God?

Mark 14:62 And Jesus said, I am: and ye shall see the Son of man sitting on the right hand of power, and coming in the clouds of heaven.

Mark 16:19 So then after the Lord had spoken unto them, he was received up into heaven, and sat on the right hand of God.

Acts 7:55 But he, being full of the Holy Ghost, looked up stedfastly into heaven, and saw the glory of God, and Jesus standing on the right hand of God,

Acts 7:56 And said, Behold, I see the heavens opened, and the Son of man standing on the right hand of God.

Did Jesus have his own underived power, or was he sustained by God?

Mark 10:40 But to sit on my right hand and on my left hand is not mine to give; but it shall be given to them for whom it is prepared.

John 5:30 I can of mine own self do nothing: as I hear, I judge: and my judgment is just; because I seek not mine own will, but the will of the Father which hath sent me.

John 6:57 As the living Father hath sent me, and I live by the Father: so he that eateth me, even he shall live by me.

Jesus did not get everything he had from himself
(which he would have if he were God)
He made it clear that God gave him everything.

Matthew 11:27 All things are delivered unto me of my Father: and no man knoweth the Son, but the Father; neither knoweth any man the Father, save the Son, and he to whomsoever the Son will reveal him.

John 3:35 The Father loveth the Son, and hath given all things into his hand.

John 5:19 Then answered Jesus and said unto them, Verily, verily, I say unto you, The Son can do nothing of himself, but what he seeth the Father do: for what things soever he doeth, these also doeth the Son likewise.

John 5:30 I can of mine own self do nothing: as I hear, I judge: and my judgment is just; because I seek not mine own will, but the will of the Father which hath sent me.

The bible states God sent Christ. Jesus states clearly he did not come of himself, but God sent him.

It is a distinction that he would not have made if he were indeed God

Matthew 10:40 He that receiveth you receiveth me, and he that receiveth me receiveth him that sent me.

John 9:4 I must work the works of him that sent me, while it is day: the night cometh, when no man can work.

John 11:42 And I knew that thou hearest me always: but because of the people which stand by I said it, that they may believe that thou hast sent me.

John12:44 Jesus cried and said, He that believeth on me, believeth not on me, but on him that sent me. 45 And he that seeth me seeth him that sent me.

John 12:49 For I have not spoken of myself; but the Father which sent me, he gave me a commandment, what I should say, and what I should speak. 50 And I know that his commandment is life everlasting: whatsoever I speak therefore, even as the Father said unto me, so I speak.

John 15:21 But all these things will they do unto you for my name's sake, because they know not him that sent me.

John 17:8 For I have given unto them the words which thou gavest me; and they have received them, and have known surely that I came out from thee, and they have believed that thou didst send me.

John 17:23 I in them, and thou in me, that they may be made perfect in one; and that the world may know that thou hast sent me, and hast loved them, as thou hast loved me.

John 20:21 Then said Jesus to them again, Peace be unto you: as my Father hath sent me, even so send I you.

Jesus made a clear distinction between him getting glory, and God getting glory.

God was to get the glory, not him. If he was God, he should have accepted, and rather demanded, glory.

John 7: 16 So Jesus answered them, "My teaching is not mine, but his who sent me; 17 if any man's will is to do his will, he shall know whether the teaching is from God or whether I am speaking on my own authority. 18 He who speaks on his own authority seeks his own glory; but he who seeks the glory of him who sent him is true, and in him there is no falsehood.
John 8: 50 Yet I do not seek my own glory; there is One who seeks it and he will be the judge. 51 ¶ Truly, truly, I say to you, if any one keeps my word, he will never see death." 52 The Jews said to him, "Now we know that you have a demon. Abraham died, as did the prophets; and you say, 'If any one keeps my word, he will never taste death.'53 Are you greater than our father Abraham, who died? And the prophets died! Who do you claim to be?" 54 Jesus answered, "If I glorify myself, my glory is nothing; it is my Father who glorifies me, of whom you say that he is your God.
Hebrews 5:5 So also Christ glorified not himself to be made an high priest; but he that said unto him, Thou art my Son, to day have I begotten thee.

Jesus did not raise himself from the grave. He was raised by God. This issue is mute if he is God also on the basis that the bible tells us God can't die (see God's characteristics in the beginning)

Romans 4:24 But for us also, to whom it shall be imputed, if we believe on him that raised up Jesus our Lord from the dead;

Romans 6:4 Therefore we are buried with him by baptism into death: that like as Christ was raised up from the dead by the glory of the Father, even so we also should walk in newness of life.

Galatians 1:1 Paul, an apostle, (not of men, neither by man, but by Jesus Christ, and God the Father, who raised him from the dead;)

Ephesians 1:20 Which he wrought in Christ, when he raised him from the dead, and set him at his own right hand in the heavenly places,

Colossians 2:12 Buried with him in baptism, wherein also ye are risen with him through the faith of the operation of God, who hath raised him from the dead.

1 Peter 1:19 But with the precious blood of Christ, as of a lamb without blemish and without spot: 20 Who verily was foreordained before the foundation of the world, but was manifest in these last times for you, 21 Who by him do believe in God, that raised him up from the dead, and gave him glory; that your faith and hope might be in God.

The bible tells us that Christ is our mediator in heaven. A mediator is one who comes between, like a priest did in ancient Israel. How can Christ (who is supposedly God) mediate between himself and man. It's a contradiction of terms.

John 14:6 Jesus saith unto him, I am the way, the truth, and the life: no man cometh unto the Father, but by me.
2 Corinthians 5:18 And all things are of God, who hath reconciled us to himself by Jesus Christ, and hath given to us the ministry of reconciliation; 19 To wit, that God was in Christ, reconciling the world unto himself, not imputing their trespasses unto them; and hath committed unto us the word of reconciliation.

1 Timothy 2:5 For there is one God, and one mediator between God and men, the man Christ Jesus;

Hebrews 5:5 So also Christ glorified not himself to be made an high priest; but he that said unto him, Thou art my Son, to day have I begotten thee.

Hebrews 5:6 As he saith also in another place, Thou art a priest for ever after the order of Melchisedec. 7 Who in the days of his flesh, when he had offered up prayers and supplications with strong crying and tears unto him that was able to save him from death, and was heard in that he feared; 8 Though he were a Son, yet learned he obedience by the things which he suffered; 9 And being made perfect, he became the author of eternal salvation unto all them that obey him; 10 Called of God an high priest after the order of Melchisedec.

Hebrews 9:24 For Christ is not entered into the holy places made with hands, which are the figures of the true; but into heaven itself, now to appear in the presence of God for us:

Why would God pray to himself? He wouldn't.

Luke 23:34 Then said Jesus, Father, forgive them; for they know not what they do. And they parted his raiment, and cast lots.

Luke 23:46 And when Jesus had cried with a loud voice, he said, Father, into thy hands I commend my spirit: and having said thus, he gave up the ghost.
Mark 14:36 And he said, Abba, Father, all things are possible unto thee; take away this cup from me: nevertheless not what I will, but what thou wilt.

Let's have a little summary here.

Though we know that Jesus reflected many of the attributes of God (love, mercy, etc..), there are attributes of God, that Jesus did not match. That's because Jesus was not God, he was a man.
When Jesus was accused of blaphemy, by making himself equal to God, he never said "You're right!" He always explained to them, how it was possible for him to have been given authority, to do the things that before, only God was able to do. (like forgiving sins for example.)
When Jesus spoke of the father in relation to himself, he spoke of a father who was "greater than I", "Why callest thou me good, there is none good but God" etc. Jesus spoke of God, as though he were his God, instead of part of himself.

The bible, even in Genesis, revolves around Jesus

The life of Jesus is the most important event in this creation. The entire 6,000 years of this creation has revolved around only one thing, and that is the sacrifice of Christ to atone for the sins of men, and reconcile men to God.

That is why you see such sweeping words used when the bible describes the place of Christ in this creation.
Ephesians 3:9 And to make all men see what is the fellowship of the mystery, which from the beginning of the world hath been hid in God, who created all things by Jesus Christ:
From the very day that God started his creation, he foreknew everything that would happen.

1 Peter 1:18 Forasmuch as ye know that ye were not redeemed with corruptible things, as silver and gold, from your vain conversation received by tradition from your fathers; 19 But with the precious blood of Christ, as of a lamb without blemish and without spot: 20 Who verily was foreordained before the foundation of the world, but was manifest in these last times for you, 21 Who by him do believe in God, that raised him up from the dead, and gave him glory; that your faith and hope might be in God.
"foreordained" means "foreknown". It's not that Jesus existed at this time. He was foreknown from the beginning of creation, how his work would reconcile all men to God. It was this very plan, that all of this creation has pivoted around.
Ephesians 3:11 According to the eternal purpose which he purposed in Christ Jesus our Lord:
Colossians 1:15 Who is the image of the invisible God, the firstborn of every creature: 16 For by him were all things created, that are in heaven, and that are in earth, visible and invisible, whether they be thrones, or dominions, or principalities, or powers: all things were created by him, and for him: 17 And he is before all things, and by him all things consist. 18 And he is the head of the body, the church: who is the beginning, the firstborn from the dead; that in all things he might have the preeminence. 19 For it pleased the Father that in him should all fulness dwell;
Hebrews 2:9 But we see Jesus, who was made a little lower than the angels for the suffering of death, crowned with glory and honour; that he by the grace of God should taste death for every man. 10 For it became him, for whom are all things, and by whom are all things, in bringing many sons unto glory, to make the captain of their salvation perfect through sufferings.

Christ Reflected God to the world

The confusion that generated the trinity stems from the fact that Christ in many ways reflected God so accurately, that he could even in some cases be referred to as God. Just like angels in the old testament relayed the word of God, and in some cases accepted being called God, not because they were God, but because they were his messenger, and therefore represented him
2 Corinthians 4:4 In whom the god of this world hath blinded the minds of them which believe not, lest the light of the glorious gospel of Christ, who is the image of God, should shine unto them. 5 For we preach not ourselves, but Christ Jesus the Lord; and ourselves your servants for Jesus' sake. 6 For God, who commanded the light to shine out of darkness, hath shined in our hearts, to give the light of the knowledge of the glory of God in the face of Jesus Christ.

Philippians 2:5 (RSV) Have this mind among yourselves, which is yours in Christ Jesus, 6 who, though he was in the form of God, did not count equality with God a thing to be grasped, 7 but emptied himself, taking the form of a servant, being born in the likeness of men. 8 And being found in human form he humbled himself and became obedient unto death, even death on a cross. 9 Therefore God has highly exalted him and bestowed on him the name which is above every name,

Colossians 2:9 For in him dwelleth all the fulness of the Godhead bodily.

1 Timothy 3:16 And without controversy great is the mystery of godliness: God was manifest in the flesh, justified in the Spirit, seen of angels, preached unto the Gentiles, believed on in the world, received up into glory.

Hebrews 1:2 Hath in these last days spoken unto us by his Son, whom he hath appointed heir of all things, by whom also he made the worlds; 3 Who being the brightness of his glory, and the express image of his person, and upholding all things by the word of his power, when he had by himself purged our sins, sat down on the right hand of the Majesty on high:
Hebrews 1:8 But unto the Son he saith, Thy throne, O God, is for ever and ever: a sceptre of righteousness is the sceptre of thy kingdom. 9 Thou hast loved righteousness, and hated iniquity; therefore God, even thy God, hath anointed thee with the oil of gladness above thy fellows. 10 And, Thou, Lord, in the beginning hast laid the foundation of the earth; and the heavens are the works of thine hands:
How could Jesus have been referred to as God in the following verse? Look at:

John 10:30 I and my Father are one. Then the Jews took up stones again to stone him. 32 Jesus answered them, Many good works have I shewed you from my Father; for which of those works do ye stone me? 33 The Jews answered him, saying, For a good work we stone thee not; but for blasphemy; and because that thou, being a man, makest thyself God. 34 Jesus answered them, Is it not written in your law, I said, Ye are gods? 35 If he called them gods, unto whom the word of God came, and the scripture cannot be broken; 36 Say ye of him, whom the Father hath sanctified, and sent into the world, Thou blasphemest; because I said, I am the Son of God? 37 If I do not the works of my Father, believe me not. 38 But if I do, though ye believe not me, believe the works: that ye may know, and believe, that the Father is in me, and I in him.

The term God as used in our bible, does not always refer to God himself. In some cases the bible talks about God speaking to someone, but is actually more clearly defined in other chapters that an angel was talking to them. A Good example is Moses at the burning bush. In Exodous 4:3-6, the bible tells us that God was talking to Moses. In Acts 7:30-35, it is clear that an angel appeared to him and relayed the message of God.

Why is this important?

1 John 4:2 Hereby know ye the Spirit of God: Every spirit that confesseth that Jesus Christ is come in the flesh is of God: 3 And every spirit that confesseth not that Jesus Christ is come in the flesh is not of God: and this is that spirit of antichrist, whereof ye have heard that it should come; and even now already is it in the world.

The doctrine of the trinity, the misunderstanding of the nature of Christ, is called in the bible the "spirit of Antichrist".
The churches that have this doctrine, teach that their believers go to heaven when they die. The bible teaches that when men die, the only hope they have is resurrection by the Lord Jesus Christ. The very gospel they teach is wrong, and may cause their followers to loose their eternal salvation. (I say may because I do not feel it is my place to say who will, and who will not get their eternal salvation - but to be linked with a church called the "spirit of Antichrist" is indeed a most perilous place for your hope of salvation).

Later.

Markx,

Good post!

In some places in the bible, Jesus speaks of himself and his Father (GOD) being "One". Many churches believe this indicates that Jesus was not a man truly like you and I, but was actually God, who for a while had put on flesh like a a garment to work out our salvation.

Jesus truly wasn't God. Before being Christian I accepted that Jesus was as normal as Lao Tzu, Sidarta and other enlightned people. Today, I accept that Jesus died for our sins. Somehow, I think that Christ is God's Son. Jesus is Christ "in flesh". I think this is why He hasn't sinned. But He "was" as human as we are, for even Him "had" fear of death. I think the only part of the Bible that shows Jesus "human part" was when He was in the Gethsmane Garden. You can read it in the lasts chapters of Matthew, for example.

Blessings,
Nelson

Originally posted by Markx
The Trinity Examined
For us to understand this subject, we have to study the following subjects:
1. Where... 2. What... 3. How... 4. How...
Just wondering three things here;
a) why are you framing the subject in such a way, by saying, " For us to understand this subject, we have to study the following subjects: " ?? How do you know that this is the only way to discuss or study the subject?,
b) and you obviously read a lot of information, why?? For a thesis or what?
c) almost every Christian that would read the Chapters & Verses you quoted, would come away feeling strengthened in their Christian walk, were you hoping for another response?

John 10:30 I and my Father are one.
Since you quoted John, let me also:
" John 1:1 In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God. He was with God in the beginning. Through Him all things were made; without him nothing was made that has been made. In him was life, and that life was the light of men. The light shines in the darkness, but the darkness has not understood it."

Mark 4:37 And there arose a great storm of wind,
..................and say unto him, Master, carest thou not that we perish?
And the wind ceased, and there was a great calm.
I think that the Apostles may have needed a lesson here, they were with the God of the Universe and didn't know that all they had to do, was ask.

Colossians 2:9 For in him dwelleth all the fulness of the Godhead bodily.
You quoted Colossians, so...
" Colossians1:15 He is the image of the invisible God, the firstborn over all creation. For by him all things were created; things in heaven and on earth..."

The very gospel they teach is wrong, and may cause their followers to loose their eternal salvation. (I say may because I do not feel it is my place to say who will, and who will not get their eternal salvation - but to be linked with a church called the "spirit of Antichrist" is indeed a most perilous place for your hope of salvation).
What if what you teach or believe is REALLY the "spirit of the anti-Christ"? What then?
Anyway, I think, that as a Chrisitian, I will stay with my beliefs, and since we are all free to choose, I hope that with all this reading you have done, someday you to, will become Christian.

Back