Would God be Cruel to an Innocent?

Maybe you could take it back to post 61 and continue on a different tact because you have lost me

:confused::confused::confused:
Very well..

because you, quite rightly, mentioned

You bringing in the ego factor does not change the fact that God would be unchallenged in every way.

IOW he doesn't stand unchallenged simply because he says so.
Much like einstein is not celebrated as a great scientist because he says so.
Much like Mozart is not celebrated as a great music composer becasue he says so.
etc etc
God is unchallenged in every way. You agreed with that.
So if he is unchallenged in every way, who is there to challenge or judge him ? In fact, who is there to define him, other than himself ?

Isn't the idea of God being cruel to an innocent fairly new?
Didn't people used to think a deformed child or bad luck was punishment of the gods?

Very well..

God is unchallenged in every way. You agreed with that.
So if he is unchallenged in every way, who is there to challenge or judge him ? In fact, who is there to define him, other than himself ?
I'm still not clear how you are moving with the idea of "because he says so".

I mean, when you say "he is unchallenged in every way" that seems to suggest more than simply "because he says so" (much like the achievements of Mozart suggest he was a "great musician" .... as opposed to merely Mozart's personal opinion of his capabilities)

I'm still not clear how you are moving with the idea of "because he says so".

I mean, when you say "he is unchallenged in every way" that seems to suggest more than simply "because he says so" (much like the achievements of Mozart suggest he was a "great musician" .... as opposed to merely Mozart's personal opinion of his capabilities)

Are you taking "because he said so" literally ? :bugeye:

Are you taking "because he said so" literally ? :bugeye:
well you seem to be using "because he says so" to suggest that he is not really, but is simply thought to be so on his hearsay alone .... much like an artist may be dreadful but have unlimited reserves of egotism ("No-one possesses more confidence than a bad poet", etc).

If you mean it in some other sense, perhaps now would be a good time to establish it ....

well you seem to be using "because he says so" to suggest that he is not really, but is simply thought to be so on his hearsay alone .... much like an artist may be dreadful but have unlimited reserves of egotism ("No-one possesses more confidence than a bad poet", etc).

If you mean it in some other sense, perhaps now would be a good time to establish it ....

Yes, I meant it in another way. I meant in much the same way as is displayed in Genesis, "Then God said, “Let there be light”; and there was light."
What I mean is that God is, obviously, the supreme authority over everything.. what he wants (says) happens.
So if God says he is righteous, he is.

Yes, I meant it in another way. I meant in much the same way as is displayed in Genesis, "Then God said, “Let there be light”; and there was light."
What I mean is that God is, obviously, the supreme authority over everything.. what he wants (says) happens.
So if God says he is righteous, he is.

so does that make him less righteous?

Back