Would God be Cruel to an Innocent?

Why else ?
because you, quite rightly, mentioned

You bringing in the ego factor does not change the fact that God would be unchallenged in every way.

IOW he doesn't stand unchallenged simply because he says so.
Much like einstein is not celebrated as a great scientist because he says so.
Much like Mozart is not celebrated as a great music composer becasue he says so.
etc etc

because you, quite rightly, mentioned

You bringing in the ego factor does not change the fact that God would be unchallenged in every way.

IOW he doesn't stand unchallenged simply because he says so.
Much like einstein is not celebrated as a great scientist because he says so.
Much like Mozart is not celebrated as a great music composer becasue he says so.
etc etc

Einstein and Mozart didn't make everything in existence did they ?
Only God can judge God, therefor he is what he wants to be.

Einstein and Mozart didn't make everything in existence did they ?
Do the disciplines of science and music require it?

Only God can judge God, therefor he is what he wants to be.
God (properly defined) requires to possess absolute independence (much like music has its proper definitions so one cannot say that einstein was a great musician)

First of all, I'm not.
etymology saves the day?

Secondly, I don't know what your problem is with what I'm saying.
you insist on discussing a god that doesn't meet the standard definitions of god

this is kind of like discussing music that doesn't meet the standard definitions of music (would you like to listen to me discuss what a great musician einstein was)

even less wonder that atheists feel more comfortable discussing a god that can be removed from reality yet (somehow) they remain in it to ponder its nature
:eek::eek:

I can tell you are avoiding questions all the time, and it isn't even clear why.

About the new thread: So you think God wouldn't be able to remove himself from reality ?
And could you please answer in my thread ?

etymology saves the day?
Kindly point out where I said that God doesn't possess absolute independence.

you insist on discussing a god that doesn't meet the standard definitions of god

this is kind of like discussing music that doesn't meet the standard definitions of music (would you like to listen to me discuss what a great musician einstein was)
So what is the standard definition ? I thought I was pretty much on the money..

:confused:
where you state discussing a god that exists as such as a cop out

I did no such thing. I called your so-called arguments a cop-out.
I have been arguing for God having absolute independence all along..

What about that standard definition you were going to give me ?

I did no such thing. I called your so-called arguments a cop-out.
I have been arguing for God having absolute independence all along..

What about that standard definition you were going to give me ?
I don't follow

my rebuttal (which you label a cop out) is asserting that it is necessary for god to possess absolute independence.

They are truly to be as sheep.

I have sometimes wondered why xtians rather be "saved" by the shepard who will fliece and eat them for sure than be feral and risk the wolf who at least won't fliece them.

But I guess it no wonder they trade freedom for the illusion of safty in this country.

I don't follow

my rebuttal (which you label a cop out) is asserting that it is necessary for god to possess absolute independence.

Rebuttal ??? You practically rephrased what I said to you, and then made it sound as if you disagreed.

:confused::confused:

Last edited:
Back