Working on the Sabbath warrants a death sentence

SAM said:
Inspite of this?

Anyone who desecrates it must die; anyone who works on that day will be cut off from the community.
I repeat: Because the LORD considers it a holy day, anyone who works on the Sabbath must be put to death.

PR trumps the Lord?
If you reread, note that the Jesus who said "the Sabbath was made for man" is the Lord, in the eyes of Christian believers.

Otherwise, I have to agree (reluctantly) with Muersalt - the Christians grew up. Somewhat. Others can do the same. Idolatries can die - even those involving books.

Sam,
iceaura’s post stating, Jesus said "the Sabbath was made for man" fits in very nicely with my common sense explanation that the Sabbath was invoked to give laborers a day off from those, thinking there is more work to do, task masters.

Book says in the morning Mary in one story and Peter in another account went to the tomb and found it open and Jesus was not in it. That would mean sunday morning. Verse please to establish your version.

I guess this is the verse you are refering to.

John 20
1 Now the first day of the week Mary Magdalene went to the tomb early, while it was still dark, and saw that the stone had been taken away from the tomb. 2 Then she ran and came to Simon Peter, and to the other disciple, whom Jesus loved, and said to them, “They have taken away the Lord out of the tomb, and we do not know where they have laid Him.”
3 Peter therefore went out, and the other disciple, and were going to the tomb

Ok now refer back to the statement i made and to which you agreed with was correct. That the sabbath day is from friday sunset to saturday sunset. Ok you still right with that?

No when does the first day of the week start in Bible days?

Sunday morning? NO

The first day of the week starts at sunset Saturday night. So with this you can see that Mary visited the tomb of Jesus and found the rock removed. thats why it says it was still Dark of cource it would be dark. And the referance to early in the day, that also sits well because early in the biblical day is just after sunset in the evening.

She could not go to the tomb and tend to his body beforhand because she could not do any work on the sabbath. So the first opportunity she got. Saturday just after sunset she runs of to the tomb.

All Praise The Ancient Of Days

Tetragrammaton

Re: YWHA

Can I just make the point for the record that the proper tetragrammaton for God is either YHWH, YHVH, or IHVH?

Sam,
iceaura’s post stating, Jesus said "the Sabbath was made for man" fits in very nicely with my common sense explanation that the Sabbath was invoked to give laborers a day off from those, thinking there is more work to do, task masters.

If Jesus says, the Sabbath was made for man, is this not an endorsement of it?

Don't think anyone can. God might show you in the future.

All Praise The Ancient Of Days

Are you threatening me in the name of your God, sure looks like it to me, through insinuation. Your God is going to show you, actually.

The only hell that is factual is in the center of our solar system.

You have saturated your mind with the words of a fool and “it” has made a fool out of you.

Last edited:
Hmm well it doesn't work in graduate school :p

Forget the Sabbath as way to get rid of people by thinking this should be a way for those people's God to kill them.

The Sabbath is irrelevant these days and the first part of Acts 15th chapter explains why.

Last edited:
Forget the Sabbath as way to get rid of people by thinking this should be a way for those people's God to kill them.

The Sabbath is irrelevant these days and the first part of Acts 15th chapter explains why.

Not to me it doesn't. I don't see how Peter and Paul "deciding" what the gentiles should do is more valid than God saying the Sabbath must be followed and Jesus endorsing it.

It like having the CEO send an order and the Vice President of the company endorsing him and then your manager tells you he's got the authority to tell you that you need not do it cos he's in charge of your division. I haven't heard any reasoning behind why they decided the Sabbath is not necessary, except that they want to make it easy. Make what easy? Following God?

Say what?

Not to me it doesn't. I don't see how Peter and Paul "deciding" what the gentiles should do is more valid than God saying the Sabbath must be followed and Jesus endorsing it.

It like having the CEO send an order and the Vice President of the company endorsing him and then your manager tells you he's got the authority to tell you that you need not do it cos he's in charge of your division. I haven't heard any reasoning behind why they decided the Sabbath is not necessary, except that they want to make it easy. Make what easy? Following God?

Say what?

Never fails, now your going to tell God what to do and how to think.

Adstar,

earth - Matthew 28
1After the Sabbath, at dawn on the first day of the week, Mary Magdalene and the other Mary went to look at the tomb.

Adstar - John 20
1 Now the first day of the week Mary Magdalene went to the tomb early, while it was still dark, and saw that the stone had been taken away from the tomb.

Adstar - Ok now refer back to the statement i made and to which you agreed with was correct. That the sabbath day is from friday sunset to saturday sunset. Ok you still right with that?

Adstar - The first day of the week starts at sunset Saturday night. So with this you can see that Mary visited the tomb of Jesus and found the rock removed. thats why it says it was still Dark of cource it would be dark. And the referance to early in the day, that also sits well because early in the biblical day is just after sunset in the evening.

earth - Well, we can see Matthew 28:1 says, "Mary went to the tomb at dawn" and John 20:1 says "Mary went to the tomb early". The story teller would have been in good standing if he hadn‘t said anymore leaving it at (John 20:1) “went to the tomb early“. But he adds the words “while it was still dark” thereby screwing up and revealing a supernatural guide was not guiding the penman’s hand. Instead a story teller’s version repeating a story telling by writing it down in the gospel of John. I’ll show you why the gospel of John is nothing more than a repetition of story telling and not inspired by the holy spirit.

Adstar - The first day of the week starts at sunset Saturday night. So with this you can see that Mary visited the tomb of Jesus and found the rock removed. thats why it says it was still Dark of cource it would be dark. And the referance to early in the day, that also sits well because early in the biblical day is just after sunset in the evening.

earth - We have a question which version is correct, Matthew or John? Did Mary go to the tomb of Jesus when it was dark as written in John or at dawn as written in Matthew? You said “dark” and then built your hypothesis on that mistake. I’ll show you why it’s a mistake.

Jesus made a prediction he would rise on the third day.
Mark 8:31
And He began to teach them that the Son of Man must suffer many things and be rejected by the elders and the chief priests and the scribes, and be killed, and after three days rise
Mark 10:34
"They will mock Him and spit on Him, and scourge Him and kill Him, and three days later He will rise again."
Luke 18:33
and after they have scourged Him, they will kill Him; and the third day He will rise again."

Ok now refer back to the statement you made and to which I agreed with was correct. That the sabbath day is from friday sunset to saturday sunset.
Notice they understand a day correctly when keeping the Sabbath which is 24 hours.
Friday sunset to saturday sunset is one day.
Saturday sunset to Sunday sunset is two day.
Well, if we go with Sunday morning at dawn that isn’t three days and not keeping with Jesus prediction of him rising on the third day. Friday evening from the 6th hour until Sunday at dawn is not dead for three days. Jesus needs to be dead for three days to be in keeping with his prediction of rising on the third day. Notice they can understand a day correctly when keeping the Sabbath. The way peddlers of religion explain it is, Friday is one day, Saturday is two days and Sunday is the third day thereby we can calculate Sunday would make the third day. Here we find the gospel of John account saying, "Mary Magdalene went to the tomb early, while it was still dark" as incorrect, and doesn't square with the peddlers of religion explanation or the account in the gospel of Matthew and your mistake. The problem with the peddlers explanation is Jesus should have been “dead” three days to be in keeping with his prediction. Using the peddlers explanation we have him “alive” part of those three days an not "dead". From Friday dawn including the time while he was on the cross until the 6th hour and then Sunday from dawn to the 6th hour Jesus wasn't dead.

Continuing with Sunday sunset to Monday sunset we have three days total. Notice they can understand a day when keeping the Sabbath. Jesus shouldn’t be up walking around until Monday the 6th hour to be in keeping with his prediction of rising on the third day. He could have risen anytime during the third day which would have been Monday the 6th hour to Tuesday the 6th hour. We have a bunch of story tellers fudging the numbers trying to stay within Jesus prediction of rising on the third day.

Adstar - She could not go to the tomb and tend to his body beforhand because she could not do any work on the sabbath. So the first opportunity she got. Saturday just after sunset she runs of to the tomb.

earth - By saying "she" I understand you meant Mary. Mary went to the tomb Sunday at sunrise to anoint Jesus body and wasn’t expecting to find Jesus tomb empty, because it wasn’t three days yet and she knew it. Surprise Jesus body wasn’t there! Did Jesus rise on the third day? What happened to his body then? Did someone steal it? There was guards placed at the tomb to prevent somebody from stealing supposedly.
Matthew 27:63-65 (New International Version)
63"Sir," they said, "we remember that while he was still alive that deceiver said, 'After three days I will rise again.' 64So give the order for the tomb to be made secure until the third day. Otherwise, his disciples may come and steal the body and tell the people that he has been raised from the dead. This last deception will be worse than the first."
65"Take a guard," Pilate answered. "Go, make the tomb as secure as you know how."

Looks like someone got to Jesus body and stole it before he had a chance to fulfill his prediction of rising on the third day. Most likely the guards Pilate authorized to be placed at the tomb were bribed.
Matthew 28
2There was a violent earthquake, for an angel of the Lord came down from heaven and, going to the tomb, rolled back the stone and sat on it. 3His appearance was like lightning, and his clothes were white as snow. 4The guards were so afraid of him that they shook and became like dead men.
Matthew is the only account mentioning the guards at all. Now the gospel of Matthew is in question because Jesus wasn’t suppose to be up and walking around until the third day which would have been Monday the 6th hour to Tuesday the 6th hour. The sabbath day is from friday sunset to saturday sunset.
Notice they understand a day correctly when keeping the Sabbath which is 24 hours. Jesus prediction of rising from the dead on the third day (dead for 3 days) came up short and someone stole his body beforehand. Or Jesus wasn’t actually dead when his body was placed in the tomb.

Christian: 'The Lord is risen!'
Jew: 'No, his disciples stole away his body.'
Christian: 'The guard at the tomb would have prevented any such theft.'
Jew: 'No, his disciples stole away his body while the guard slept.'
Christian: 'The chief priests bribed the guard to say this.'

Last edited:
Does anyone think post #115 has made an end to resurrection city in Christendom? "IT" seems to be at least suspect. :cool:

Back