Why..

2000 is judgement day.
What year is it again? Is it not 2004? Your supposed judgement day has passed, as has nostradamus's prediction date for the end of the earth, you'll be harping on about the millenium bug next.
well, religiously, we are in the 1400's.
Im sure thats the first sensible thing about religion i've heard all day.

What year is it again? Is it not 2004? Your supposed judgement day has passed, as has nostradamus's prediction date for the end of the earth, you'll be harping on about the millenium bug next.

No, you misunder stood me. It was an illustration that wasn't meant to be taken litteraly. it was a comparason of how ideas change as more information became availible. Sorry for the confusion.

it was a comparason of how ideas change as more information became availible.
Sad thing is it was believed by christians a while back, and your either christian or your not, i dont know where they got the idea from but if they got the idea from your holy book that the world would end you should believe it too, if they just picked 2000 as a random date then several were wrong.

Enigma'07 said:
No, you misunder stood me. It was an illustration that wasn't meant to be taken litteraly. it was a comparason of how ideas change as more information became availible. Sorry for the confusion.
No, they didn't misunderstood. They just bend the stuff around to make the illusion that it is not an illustration..... :rolleyes:

"if they just picked 2000 as a random date then several were wrong."

No. There is NO predicted date. I randomly made up 2000 for an example.

If that were the case, I would question over why the religious masses are so focused on the end coming some time this week. Honestly, I've never seen so much doom and gloom as I have when speaking to those of a religiously inclined nature.

However, let us not forget that jesus stated the end would come to the people of his time, saying: "before this generation has passed away"..

Oopsie, so far he's only 2000 years late.

Enigma'07 said:
Think back to the 1400's when people thought the earth was flat and try using the technology they had then. Then fast- forward to 2000. It is clear that the earth is round to us right? well, religiously, we are in the 1400's. 2000 is when every knee will bow, and tounge confess that Jesus Christ is Lord. 2000 is judgement day.

I must admit, until this moment I had no idea you hated God this much. To blaspheme maliciously against the Messiah by speaking these things which are not true, to shame Isaac and Jacob with such words..

Excommunication is imminent! :mad:

TruthSeeker said:
No, they didn't misunderstood. They just bend the stuff around to make the illusion that it is not an illustration..... :rolleyes:

Same thing I was thinking.. :eek:

Then why did religious people get so hyped up about judgement day being midnight january 1st 2000? Did you miss out on all the 'the world is going to end' fun? Theres a lot going to hell i guess for saying that.

However, let us not forget that jesus stated the end would come to the people of his time, saying: "before this generation has passed away"..

this refers to the Church Age generation, the time after Christ's resserection and befor His second comming.

Then why did religious people get so hyped up about judgement day being midnight january 1st 2000? Did you miss out on all the 'the world is going to end' fun? Theres a lot going to hell i guess for saying that.

They were wrong to predict a date. Jesus said that the only one that knows when the secondcoming will be is God. It will come unexpected, like a thief in the night.

Enigma'07 said:
this refers to the Church Age generation, the time after Christ's resserection and befor His second comming.

I hereby declare that all I need is a 10 minute rest before My second comming.

If you believe that the universe is proof that there is a creator, then why can't he appear to us in person? It's not like he doesn't want to 'force' himself on us. His creation (the universe) is ALREADY forcing us to believe that there must be a god. So if he did appear to us then it really wouldn't be such a surprise. It's like looking at a painting and wondering if it was painted by an artist. If it's obvious that the painting must have been created by an artist then why can't the artist just make himself known?

mario said:
If you believe that the universe is proof that there is a creator, then why can't he appear to us in person? It's not like he doesn't want to 'force' himself on us. His creation (the universe) is ALREADY forcing us to believe that there must be a god. So if he did appear to us then it really wouldn't be such a surprise. It's like looking at a painting and wondering if it was painted by an artist. If it's obvious that the painting must have been created by an artist then why can't the artist just make himself known?

Shyness, probably.

He has. And people didn't believe. They wanted to crucify him. But he will come again, one day.

Back