why we need ghosts

Now you are discussing ghosts....:)

OK, I'll go with that. Hawking posits that information does not get lost, even in a BH.

Is it possible that ghosts are this "information" which might somehow materialize and show up as ghostly remnants of "lost information"?

Just exploring.......:?

All too theoretical for me. I prefer to deal in practical realities. The nature of the paranormal as it reveals itself to us.

It's pure energy divested of material structure. Perhaps it has a field or waveform structure. Beyond that I don't know.
Free-floating energy does not embody human emotion and behavior. These things are necessarily products of electrochemistry in the brain.
So I don't see how that could be the mechanism; there's just no precedent.
Perhaps there's a simpler explanation.

All too theoretical for me. I prefer to deal in practical realities.
?? Like human emotions manifesting from pure energy?

That's not even theoretical; it's whimsical - cut from whole cloth.

Last edited:
Free-floating energy does not embody human emotion and behavior. These things are necessarily products of electrochemistry in the brain.

?? Like human emotions manifesting from pure energy?

That's not even theoretical; it's whimsical - cut from whole cloth.
The Emperor's new clothes?

I don't buy into the materialist assumptions of science. I believe the mind subsists in a domain independent of the brain maintaining a coherent structure and energy that allows it to interact with the world. It is not a "product" of electrochemistry. That is only one of its interactions with the world. I don't have any hardcore evidence of this other than phenomena such as ghosts, terminal lucidity, and various exceptional deathbed experiences.

It's pure energy divested of material structure. Perhaps it has a field or waveform structure. Beyond that I don't know.

Ummmm

ENERGY is a measurement as in

The SI unit of energy is the joule, which is the energy transferred to an object by the work of moving it a distance of 1 metre against a force of 1 newton

Sooooo ENERGY is not a thing in and of itself. You need something which has ENERGY

Sooooo unfortunately "divested of material structure" is impossible

Thanks for settling and confirming ghost are nothing and cannot exist

:)

For something that doesn't exist, it sure has alot of forms:

https://www.mansfieldct.org/Schools/MMS/staff/hand/energykinds.htm

Energy does not exist as a separate entity in and of itself ✓
Different physical and detectable stuff exist ✓
We can detect different physical and detectable stuff ✓
We can CALCULATE the ENERGY of a system ✓

For ENERGY, reminder is a measurement, does not show when you observe or detect

It needs to be calculated

"sure has alot of forms" noooooooo the stuff which has ENERGY has a lot of forms

ENERGY may have different names for measuring it but "a joule by any other name is still a joule"

Energy does not exist as a separate entity in and of itself ✓
Different physical and detectable stuff exist ✓
We can detect different physical and detectable stuff ✓
We can CALCULATE the ENERGY of a system ✓

For ENERGY, reminder is a measurement, does not show when you observe or detect

It needs to be calculated

"sure has alot of forms" noooooooo the stuff which has ENERGY has a lot of forms

ENERGY may have different names for measuring it but "a joule by any other name is still a joule"

en·er·gy
Dictionary result for energy
/ˈenərjē/
noun
  1. 1.
    the strength and vitality required for sustained physical or mental activity.
    "changes in the levels of vitamins can affect energy and well-being"
    synonyms:vitality, vigor, life, liveliness, animation, vivacity, spirit, spiritedness, fire, passion, ardor, zeal, verve, enthusiasm, zest, vibrancy, spark, sparkle, effervescence, exuberance, buoyancy, perkiness, sprightliness; More
  2. 2.
    power derived from the utilization of physical or chemical resources, especially to provide light and heat or to work machines.
    synonyms: power
    "the panels turn solar energy into electricity"
https://www.google.com/search?q=energy define&rlz=1C1CHZL_enUS699US699&oq=energy define&aqs=chrome..69i57j0l5.4130j1j8&sourceid=chrome&ie=UTF-8

en·er·gy
Dictionary result for energy
/ˈenərjē/
noun
  1. 1.
    the strength and vitality required for sustained physical or mental activity.
    "changes in the levels of vitamins can affect energy and well-being"
    synonyms:vitality, vigor, life, liveliness, animation, vivacity, spirit, spiritedness, fire, passion, ardor, zeal, verve, enthusiasm, zest, vibrancy, spark, sparkle, effervescence, exuberance, buoyancy, perkiness, sprightliness; More
  2. 2.
    power derived from the utilization of physical or chemical resources, especially to provide light and heat or to work machines.
    synonyms: power
    "the panels turn solar energy into electricity"
https://www.google.com/search?q=energy define&rlz=1C1CHZL_enUS699US699&oq=energy define&aqs=chrome..69i57j0l5.4130j1j8&sourceid=chrome&ie=UTF-8

Can you please extract from this post anything which contradicts what I posted?

Sooooo unfortunately "divested of material structure" is impossible

Thanks for settling and confirming ghost are nothing and cannot exist
Therefore.
They are the Emperor's new clothing....!

I am not saying MR is spinning the cloth. He believes the phony (or ignorant) weavers.

Therefore.
They are the Emperor's new clothing....!

I am not saying MR is spinning the cloth. He believes the phony (or ignorant) weavers.

Good match up

I am not saying MR is spinning the cloth

But MR has said the cloth (ghost) comes into the real world and - has been seen - has interacted with the real world (pulled blankets off beds, slammed doors) - and the stupid ghost have allowed themselves to be caught on film

Soul, mind, spirit, psyche--whatever word you wanna use.
Sure. All of which tend to be part of a person.
When you start talking about them as if they can exist once the person is gone, you're in pretty far beyond practical - and even outside of any theory - you're in a guessing zone. There's not even a hint of mechanism for it.

Back