Why isn't faith embarrasing?

I think most people here would feel some embarrassment if they had a close friend of partner who was on fire for the Xemu. Went door to door evangelizing Xemu and spent weekends at Xemu study sessions carefully pouring over the Holy words of Ron L. Hubbard. Heck, embarrassment is the least of it, probably a lot of us would actually get seriously worried.

And there is supposedly the satanic symbol on the temple in Salt Lake City! I tried to find it, but to no avail. I guess it is hidden well, but it is there.
They have a hexagram...

Some say the mark of the beast is actually the Hexagram. It was originally called the "Seal of Solomon" (the "Star of David" is a new name for it). It is a symbol that represents Molech or Saturn. I believe the bullheaded Molech is a representation of the Sun(Saturn and the Sun were the same in those days) in the house of Taurus. This symbol was adopted by Solomon, if you believe Solomon was actually a real person that is. Some have said that the word Satan is a mutated form of Saturn, but I have yet to find the information to substantiate this idea beyond the obvious.

If you pick apart the symbol it is easy to produce the 666:
1) 6 points
2) 6 lines
3) 6 little triangles around a
4) 6 sided polygon.
5) 6 60 degree angles.

I'm open to this possibility.

I think most people here would feel some embarrassment if they had a close friend of partner who was on fire for the Xemu. Went door to door evangelizing Xemu and spent weekends at Xemu study sessions carefully pouring over the Holy words of Ron L. Hubbard. Heck, embarrassment is the least of it, probably a lot of us would actually get seriously worried.

Ever been to say, a tenth of Muharram in a Shia neighborhood?:p

http://youtube.com/watch?v=jYa9IrdzxUE&feature=related

Or a Diwali dandiya?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vnEkEmxnwEw

Last edited:
And you are proud to be a Muslim after seeing this? :wtf:

Why? Aren't you the one who's all about choice?:p

I've seen yogis starving themselves and whipping themselves too.

Whatever people want to do to themselves is alright with me.

As long as they are not hurting other people.

Don't tell me you never heard of s&m, drug or alcohol abuse, reckless sports.

Why? Aren't you the one who's all about choice?:p
Touche!

I've seen yogis starving themselves and whipping themselves too.
Whatever people want to do to themselves is alright with me.
As long as they are not hurting other people.
Now we find some common ground. At least your not a fundamentalist. You'll make a good atheist someday. :D

Don't tell me you never heard of s&m, drug or alcohol abuse, reckless sports.
Actually drug or alcohol abuse does tend to hurt other people, but I understand what you meant.

Touche!

Now we find some common ground. At least your not a fundamentalist. You'll make a good atheist someday. :D

Actually drug or alcohol abuse does tend to hurt other people, but I understand what you meant.

Yup, why compartmentalise human diversity into a Walmart world?

People are unique and express themselves uniquely, some more than others (firewalking, motorcycle stunts, fireeating, self flagellation, transgender operations, breast implants, botox injections)

whatever works.:shrug:

I find it all very fascinating.:p

Yup, why compartmentalise human diversity into a Walmart world?

People are unique and express themselves uniquely, some more than others (firewalking, motorcycle stunts, fireeating, self flagellation, transgender operations, breast implants, botox injections)

whatever works.:shrug:

I find it all very fascinating.:p

I like your attitude. Not an extremist at all, that's healthy. You don't take life too seriously, good for you. :cool:

Islam is more logical and echoes my personal philosophy.

How does the part where the men get 72 virgins in the afterlife and women can go fly a kite part fit into your philosophy? Are you fully covered at all times?

You must be a very unselfish person to submit yourself to such a male centric philosophy.

How does the part where the men get 72 virgins in the afterlife and women can go fly a kite part fit into your philosophy? Are you fully covered at all times?

You must be a very unselfish person to submit yourself to such a male centric philosophy.

Ah another one who thinks creationism is better than evolution

Back