Why is being nude so "wrong"?

S.A.M:

???

Has anyone else supplied data to 'back up their claims' over the past 24 pages? Have you found the gene which makes people feel 'ewww' at the thought of incest?

I'm just hypothesising, and think that there is a bit of anecdotal evidence supporting me. I doubt there has been much research done in this field, anyway.

CharonZ has provided links to data. I would suggest you look it up.

The relationship between adult sexual functioning and childhood experiences with exposure to nudity, sleeping in the parents' bed, and parental attitudes toward sexuality was examined. Although a variety of experts have provided their opinion on this issue, empirical research on this topic has been lacking. In this study, male and female college students were asked to retrospectively report on the frequency of sleeping in the parental bed as a child, the frequency of seeing others nude during childhood, and parental attitudes regarding sexuality. Information on current sexual functioning and adjustment was also obtained. The results suggest that childhood experiences with exposure to nudity and sleeping in the parental bed are not adversely related to adult sexual functioning and adjustment. In fact, there is modest support that these childhood experiences are positively related to indices of adjustment. Results also suggest that a positive attitude toward sexuality can be beneficial for a child's comfort with his/her sexuality. Finally, examination of gender differences revealed that male and female experience paternal attitudes toward sexuality differently but are similar in their perceptions of maternal attitudes.

Speaking from personal experience, your hypothesis is a load of garbage.

Your study isn't relevant. Why do you always introduce irrelevancies into threads that I post on?

Thats your opinion.

Parental Nudity. Experts have disagreed over the years as to the impact of parental nudity on children (Okami 1995). Some have argued that childhood exposure to parental/adult nudity is potentially traumatic - largely because of the large size of adult organs. Others have insisted that strong taboos on family nudity may lead to a view that the body is unacceptable or shameful. This group has argued that a relaxed attitude toward nudity can help children develop positive feelings about sexuality. Similar concerns have been expressed about the primal scene and sleeping in the parental bed. In a survey of 500 psychiatrists, 48 percent indicated that they believe that children who witness their parents engaging in intercourse do suffer psychological effects (Pankhurst 1979). American experts appear to overlook the fact that most families throughout the world sleep in one-room dwellings. In one study of these issues, Lewis and Janda (1988) asked 200 college students to report their childhood experiences. Exposure to parental nudity for ages zero to 5 and 6 to 11 was generally unrelated to a series of measures of adult sexual adjustment. Sleeping in the parental bed yielded several small, but significant correlations. Persons who had slept in their parents' bed as children had higher self-esteem, greater comfort about sexuality, reduced sexual guilt and anxiety, greater frequency of sex, greater comfort with affection, and a higher acceptance of casual sex as college students.
http://www2.rz.hu-berlin.de/sexology/GESUND/ARCHIV/IES/USA08.HTM

You're welcome to post relevant data to support your hypothesis.

Not just me, Sam, all of us in civilized societies .....and even many uncivilized societies. Millions of innocent little comments from the time kids are babies ...all of it is training and teaching.

Baron Max

Maybe in Hicksville, USA but elsewhere - no.

No I think she was serious..maybe? Frankly, I didn't really read anthing but the last page of this thread and saw mountaindicks post, I could give a shit about this topic.

Oh no I was serious! I don't find anything funny about a mother who wants to post naked pictures of her own kids on the internet.
As I know you find the whole idea sickening yourself. Most normal people would.

Oh no I was serious! I don't find anything funny about a mother who wants to post naked pictures of her own kids on the internet.
As I know you find the whole idea sickening yourself. Most normal people would.

If I posted somebody's elses kids would that be ok?
:poke:

got any I can borrow???
:blbl:

Orleander I think you have forgotten your medication today! You are acting like a 5 yr old, You know what keep your tongue sticking out or whatever here!

STOP sending me the same shit in PMS! You are really acting like you are in kindergarten.

But yet it is me who is starting trouble. :rolleyes:

Orleander I think you have forgotten your medication today! You are acting like a 5 yr old, You know what keep your tongue sticking out or whatever here! STOP sending me the same shit in PMS! You are really acting like you are in kindergarten.

But yet it is me who is starting trouble. :rolleyes:

:grumble: on and on and on. So end it and quit posting.

What you are going to keep sending me PMS of grining faces and sticking out tongue icons till I stop posting?

Wow thats mature. Be my guest! Whatever entertains you.

As Orleander did! By saying all this stuff about her kids, WIDE OPEN.

If you recall, she was speaking about herself. You on the other hand denied any sexual attraction between yourself and your kids, but insisted that nudity would lead to erotic feelings.

If you recall, she was speaking about herself. You on the other hand denied any sexual attraction between yourself and your kids, but insisted that nudity would lead to erotic feelings.

To be fair, it's not like she's conscious when she gets the sexing. I'd be a bit tense too.

:zzz: Wow Xev you are getting boring with the same old comments. You must be tired or something.

A bit. But c'mon - you're trying to tell us what's normal, and yet you're letting yourself be sexually assaulted on a regular basis, and you think that family members would be sexually attracted to each other if they were naked. Not to be mean, but it is kinda funny.

Back