Why I must do good?

Yes there are consequences, of course. However ideally one would work towards a state in which they are free to live and act without consequences, or at least without bad consequences

Take your example of a rapist.

Now if a rapist think he is doing good wouldn't you think he would be letting everyone one know what a good boy he is?

the rapist knows he's not doing good , otherwise he wouldn't be trying to conceal it.

Take your example of a rapist.

Now if a rapist think he is doing good wouldn't you think he would be letting everyone one know what a good boy he is?

the rapist knows he's not doing good , otherwise he wouldn't be trying to conceal it.

No, he conceals it because he knows that in the perception of others he is not doing good, and they will react in a negative manner toward him.

No, he conceals it because he knows that in the perception of others he is not doing good, and they will react in a negative manner toward him.

I wouldn't know, not being able to place myself in the first person with your example :shrug:

Perhaps a better example is in order

I can maintain that a rapist knows he is not doing good even if I have never raped anyone.
I don't have to go to Japan to know it exists.

I didn't miss the point as there was really never one.

Maybe with the OP, but it strayed away and the thread was derailed

I didn't miss the point as there was really never one.

Maybe with the OP, but it strayed away and the thread was derailed

Fair enough then. Let's get back to it (though I think the OP is flawed, as it's written..).

My response: there is no compulsion for anyone to do good.

Doing good is the basis of moral.
I do not believe in God, I do not believe in after-death.
If I think man just dies and ceases to exist, do I still need to do good?

Can you teach me, what is moral and immoral? Based on what to judge that?

Sounds like a fishing trip to me :D

One needs some book to tell them right or wrong? :rolleyes:

Back