Why aren't christians jewish?

Originally posted by Medicine*Woman
I didn't make up the theory that Jesus escaped the crucifixion and went to France. I read it in a book.
Oh, you "read it in a book". Well then, that's another thing entirely. After all, if you "read it in a book", it must be true.

Of course that leaves us with the following problem: the Christians read their stuff in a book as well. Do you have any evidence to suggest that your gurus are more trustworthy than theirs? The only difference I can see between the two of you is that your revelation is sillier.

Originally posted by ConsequentAtheist
Oh, you "read it in a book". Well then, that's another thing entirely. After all, if you "read it in a book", it must be true.

Of course that leaves us with the following problem: the Christians read their stuff in a book as well. Do you have any evidence to suggest that your gurus are more trustworthy than theirs? The only difference I can see between the two of you is that your revelation is sillier.

Just because we may read something in a book doesn't make it factual. Since this is a "scientific" forum and not just a died-in-the-wool hard-shell Xian forum, I will post whatever I feel is relevant or controversial to the issues within.

You're right. Xian's read their stuff in a book as well. I've also read that book, but I didn't need gurus to interpret it for me (although they tried).

As an atheist, you are certainly in no position to judge which of our revelations is inane. I guess you think a dead rabbi has more oomph than the living energy in each of us. Whatever. Since you don't side with the Xians either, it shows that all you want to do is put in a hateful word to everyone equally! You know, you're a good example of what Xians call "Satanic," but I would just say that you are at the opposite pole of positivity, lacking in all that is good, with a brutal negative force within, your soul is a vacuum, and you are spiritually dead.

lacking in all that is good, with a brutal negative force within, your soul is a vacuum, and you are spiritually dead.

Med. Women. - Your really a good source to condemn somebody aren't you. Do yourself a favor and quit spreading animosity in the guise of spiritual enlightenment. Your soul is no better, nor are you a better person than consequent atheist. Your soul is no less a vacuum, and you portray a negative force within toward anything that is disagreable to your belief. In a sense, you left the bondage of religion and now you are in it again, but you call it enlightenment.

You know, you're a good example of what Xians call "Satanic," ... lacking in all that is good, with a brutal negative force within, your soul is a vacuum, and you are spiritually dead.
Nothing that a little chicken soup won't cure. In the meantime, perhaps some folks will note that you keep spewing silly assertions about Jesus and Moses, that I keep requesting evidence, and that your response tends to vacillate between "I read it in a book" and vitriolic temper tantrums -- and not a hint of evidence. Oh well, soup time ...

Nothing that a little chicken soup won't cure. In the meantime, perhaps some folks will note that you keep spewing silly assertions about Jesus and Moses, that I keep requesting evidence, and that your response tends to vacillate between "I read it in a book" and vitriolic temper tantrums -- and not a hint of evidence. Oh well, soup time ...

My assertions are no more silly than the rest including Xians. In fact, their's is the silliest of all! They believe in fairy tales, why should I? I came to this forum to learn from others and perhaps others could learn from me. This is a religion forum on a scientifically based website. Of all places, this would be the best forum to air different beliefs, opposing views, although the Xians continue to air the same old shit that we've heard a zillion times. If one cannot offer something NEW to think about, then this is just another Xian forum. It would be a waste of my time, perhaps not yours. If this was a Xian forum only, I wouldn't bother posting. I came here to learn unbiased truths and hypotheses--not Xianity. It just seems strange to me that Xians would want to air their usual misbeliefs on a forum that is open to those of other faiths or even atheists. Then they whine and cry when they get bashed. What do you expect? Like I said before, you don't discriminate, you're hateful to everyone equally. That is so stereotypical of an atheist! I would think you would want to expound on your atheistic credo for those who may want to learn something about it. But, no, all you want to do is be hateful and negative to other's and their posts. If you're so damn smart, why don't you offer your knowledge on subjects you're familiar with? Instead, you waste everyone's time with your senseless remarks about their beliefs or even possible theories! All you do is judge. Is that was atheists do? No wonder they have a bad rep. I'd like to learn more about atheism, but you're not willing to teach.

If I read something in a book, and I bring it up on the forum, why should I be the one to back it up with evidence? That would be the problem for the author, not the reader. Some things I tend to believe more than others. The only vacillation going on is in my mind as I weigh what I read to the logic it deems. When I'm asked for a source of evidence, I can give the name of the publication so they could look it up and decide for themselves what is the truth. All I know is what the truth is for me, and that truth doesn't include a dead rabbi. Enjoy your soup.

As I said, not a hint of evidence. :D

I have previously cited those publications. You must've ignored it. Since I'm not doing the research, I don't need to provide the evidence. You got it this time?

As an atheist, you are certainly in no position to judge which of our revelations is inane. I guess you think a dead rabbi has more oomph than the living energy in each of us. Whatever. Since you don't side with the Xians either, it shows that all you want to do is put in a hateful word to everyone equally! You know, you're a good example of what Xians call "Satanic," but I would just say that you are at the opposite pole of positivity, lacking in all that is good, with a brutal negative force within, your soul is a vacuum, and you are spiritually dead.
Rational thinking is always the last thing to go M*W.

I have previously cited those publications. ... Since I'm not doing the research, I don't need to provide the evidence. You got it this time?
We're not talking about your needs but about your abilities. Thanks for making both so obvious.

We're not talking about your needs but about your abilities. Thanks for making both so obvious.

My needs nor abilities are none of your business.

Re: Re: Why aren't christians jewish?

This was the general idea Jesus was trying to get across. Jesus was a Rabbi. He was a devout Jew. He wanted all his followers to be good Jews and go to temple and obey the laws of Judaism. Jesus wasn't trying to start a new religion. Xianity was never meant to exist, and it certainly is something Jesus wouldn't approve of.
AH, WORDS FROM THE GREAT ANTI-CHRISTIAN so-WISE Woman, you know as much about Christianity, as I know about African Greys, they're parrots & they're sort of grey, they are birds from Africa & they are loud. that's the extent of my knowledge about African Greys, can you prove you know more about Christianity than that?
Plus your insistence on using "Xianity" as Christianity's name, shows your biased, underlying hatred toward Christianity, in other words, you want us to be "X'ed" out, not gonna happen!

Re: Re: Re: Why aren't christians jewish?

Originally posted by Randolfo
AH, WORDS FROM THE GREAT ANTI-CHRISTIAN so-WISE Woman, you know as much about Christianity, as I know about African Greys, they're parrots & they're sort of grey, they are birds from Africa & they are loud. that's the extent of my knowledge about African Greys, can you prove you know more about Christianity than that?
Plus your insistence on using "Xianity" as Christianity's name, shows your biased, underlying hatred toward Christianity, in other words, you want us to be "X'ed" out, not gonna happen!

I know a lot about Christianity. I just don't believe in myths, legends and fairy tales.

Originally posted by atheroy
jesus christ himself was a jew. if christians wanted to follow their god, why do they not follow judaism? this would make sense to me, i might be wrong to think that this would be the case, but if christians are trying to emulate jesus, why are they not of judas faith?
atheroy
we are following the COMPLETED JUDIASM, when Jesus told HIS disciples to make disciples form the rest of the world, HE did not expect us to be all Jews, only the Christian Jews, read Acts of the Apostles chapter 15 on how the early Church dealt with the dichotomy. Gentile Christians(non-Jews) have different rules laid out in that chapter. Read the Gospels at your own leisure & see if you get anything on that topic. The short answer is we are bound by a different covenant, the New Covenant.

For the amount of religious topics I thought you guys had some idea about religion, and then I see this thread, and the replies.
Jesus was a Jew, but he was put to death by the Jewish because he said he was the Son of God.
Christians believe Jesus was the Son of God, Jews believe he was a profit.
Really do you guys know anything?
That is a real simple concept. Even for an atheist.

I guess 28.3% of the world who are Christian are all wrong as well, I could understand you saying this if you had a faith but the funny thing is you are an atheist, that only makes up for 2.5% of the world.
There are people who don’t follow Christianity but there are few people challenge the fact that Jesus walked the earth.
I put it to you, I think the Christians have more proof that god exists with that book called the bible, I mean what proof do you have as an atheist, that their God doesn’t exist?
So buddy, bring it on you fucking arrogant disrespectful punk. I mean at the end of the day 97.5% of the world opposes your view on the matter.

Originally posted by Jenyar
The short answer is that doing that would deny in effect what Jesus came to accomplish. It is extensively explained in Paul's epistles. He describes it as "robbing the cross of its power".

Wood and nails now have powers???? What would Paul have thought and written if he saw the USA nuclear program.

Christians believe Jesus was the Son of God, Jews believe he was a profit.
I thought the Christians believe he's the Son of God(hence the name), some Jews believe that too(that's something someone else will have to clarify, all I remember is hearing that there are non-Christian Jews that believe that), but most think he was a fraud, and Muslims think he was a prophet.

Originally posted by Jolly Rodger
Jews believe he was a profit.

You don't get it gifted, what Jolly Rodger is trying to say is that Jews viewed the Jesus tool as a good investment with gaurantee PROFIT.

Originally posted by Flores
Wood and nails now have powers???? What would Paul have thought and written if he saw the USA nuclear program.
It's an expression, like "the power of positive thinking". Nobody is implying that postive thinking is a power by itself.

Back