Why are christians so filled with hate?

Thirty-three percent does not a majority make. Within that 33% christian population, there are 34,000 sects. Which one is the right one? In reality, the statistics are probably much less than 33%. How many people do you know who 'claim' to be christian but never set foot in a church? I say it's an easy 25%. That leaves 75% of the world's population to other religions. Christianity is not a majority.

That's the real point.

Look, the way they determine what percent of the entire world is a certain religion is not accurate by any measure. It is, quite simply, bullshit. There is no practical way of telling what percentage of the world is a genuine follower of certain religions.

Just because someone was baptized as infant, does that make them a true Christian??? Of course not. 50% or more of all murderers were probably Christians at the time of the murder. I had a kid in my church who stabbed his mother to death. This kid was baptized (at around 13 or 14) and was fully integrated into the Christian system.

M*W's estimation of 25% of true Christians is around the mark, but may even be a little generous.

52% of supposed Christians are Catholic. I believe 90% of "Catholics" could give two shits about actually adhering to their religion, let alone truly believing in it.

I estimate that 75% of the other "Christian adherents" also could give a flying fuck about their religion, and don't let it influence or affect their life in any way, shape, or form.

This means that, according to me, a grand total of about 83% of all people who claim to be Christians are full of pure Grade A bullshit, and don't really follow and/or believe in the religious principles proclaimed by their sect.

M*W: Truth knows no bitterness.

False...Truth indeed knows bitterness--the bitterness of death by crucifixion.

Why is it that you people think just because we're atheists that we are bitter? That's hogwash. Just because we cannot be duped doesn't mean we're bitter! That's just wishful thinking on your part. You should be bitter, because you believe the lies!

Your statement "you people think just because we're atheists that we are bitter" is in fact the actual wishful thinking...and trying to frame the debate with such "hogwash"/illogical nonsense are the tactics of someone duped by their own muddled thinking...it is self evident you are the one believing lies...

I strongly suggest consulting a Medicine*Man to help you sort out your muddled thinking.

M*W: Truth knows no bitterness. Why is it that you people think just because we're atheists that we are bitter? That's hogwash. Just because we cannot be duped doesn't mean we're bitter! That's just wishful thinking on your part. You should be bitter, because you believe the lies!

Why is it that you people think just because we're Christians that we are filled with hate?

It seems like you're as bad as the "people" you're referring to in your post, blindly discriminating and creating broad generalizations.

The Judeo-Christians love to believe they're superior to others, and so wage war against them. Pagans, Muslims, atheists... you're next, unless you're Christian or Jewish (and preferrably, a neoconservative).

Remember, we all go to heaven at the end. End the world now!

this is a ridiculous stance to take.
im jewish, and i dont stand for anything you just attributed to me.

False...Truth indeed knows bitterness--the bitterness of death by crucifixion.

M*W: The truth will be less bitter to swallow in the long run. If you look for bitterness, you will definitely find it. I choose to not look for bitterness nor do I find it.

Your statement "you people think just because we're atheists that we are bitter" is in fact the actual wishful thinking...and trying to frame the debate with such "hogwash"/illogical nonsense are the tactics of someone duped by their own muddled thinking...it is self evident you are the one believing lies...

M*W: You can't be sure of what you believe, but still you say I'm the "one believing lies!" How do you know what I believe? You can't even prove what you believe!

I strongly suggest consulting a Medicine*Man to help you sort out your muddled thinking.

M*W: Why would I need a "Medicine*Man" for anything? That's an ignorant sexist statement a typical christian would make. I can decide for myself what to believe and what NOT to believe.

this about says it all abot the 34,000 different sects of christianity, and the love they hold for each other.

Once I saw this guy on a bridge about to jump. I said, "Don't do it!" He said, "Nobody loves me." I said, "God loves you. Do you believe in God?"

He said, "Yes." I said, "Are you a Christian or a Jew?" He said, "A Christian." I said, "Me, too! Protestant or Catholic?"He said, "Protestant." I said, "Me, too! What franchise?" He said, "Baptist." I said, "Me, too! Northern Baptist or Southern Baptist?" He said, "Northern Baptist." I said, "Me, too! Northern Conservative Baptist or Northern Liberal Baptist?"
He said, "Northern Conservative Baptist." I said, "Me, too! Northern Conservative Baptist Great Lakes Region, or Northern Conservative Baptist Eastern Region?" He said, "Northern Conservative Baptist Great Lakes Region." I said, "Me, too!"
"Northern Conservative Baptist Great Lakes Region Council of 1879, or Northern Conservative Baptist Great Lakes Region Council of 1912?" He said, "Northern Conservative Baptist Great Lakes Region Council of 1912." I said, "Die, heretic!" And I pushed him over....Emo Phillips

this about says it all abot the 34,000 different sects of christianity, and the love they hold for each other.

Once I saw this guy on a bridge about to jump. I said, "Don't do it!" He said, "Nobody loves me." I said, "God loves you. Do you believe in God?"

He said, "Yes." I said, "Are you a Christian or a Jew?" He said, "A Christian." I said, "Me, too! Protestant or Catholic?"He said, "Protestant." I said, "Me, too! What franchise?" He said, "Baptist." I said, "Me, too! Northern Baptist or Southern Baptist?" He said, "Northern Baptist." I said, "Me, too! Northern Conservative Baptist or Northern Liberal Baptist?"
He said, "Northern Conservative Baptist." I said, "Me, too! Northern Conservative Baptist Great Lakes Region, or Northern Conservative Baptist Eastern Region?" He said, "Northern Conservative Baptist Great Lakes Region." I said, "Me, too!"
"Northern Conservative Baptist Great Lakes Region Council of 1879, or Northern Conservative Baptist Great Lakes Region Council of 1912?" He said, "Northern Conservative Baptist Great Lakes Region Council of 1912." I said, "Die, heretic!" And I pushed him over....Emo Phillips

It says nothing but your stereotype. In certain parts of the world yes, but how often do you see Christians killing each other in the US? Same as how you've got plenty of Muslims killing each other in Iraq, but in the US nowhere near that amount.

In certain parts of the world yes,
I think you will find 99% of these 34'000 sects rose in the US.
but how often do you see Christians killing each other in the US? Same as how you've got plenty of Muslims killing each other in Iraq, but in the US nowhere near that amount.
the threads about hatred not killing. so lets rephrase your post here "but how often do you see Christians hating each other in the US?" answer all the time.
in emo phillips joke it the silly hatred, between one sect for another, or could you not see that.

M*W: Christians hate anyone not like them:

- Atheists
I think the ad hom ration of atheists is greater on this thread
- Theists of other sects
inter-religious dialog is a prevalent in christian society
- Homosexuals
- Lesbians
- Other religions
- Pro-Choice
this is all external

- Myths that prove their god doesn't exist
its not clear how a myth could prove anything

What do they fear most?[/QUOTE]
since the essence of being a christian is adherence to the teachings of jesus, it stands that the biggest thing a christian has to fear is diverting from his standards (or being taught christianity by someone who doesn't represent jesus transparently)

I think you will find 99% of these 34'000 sects rose in the US. the threads about hatred not killing. so lets rephrase your post here "but how often do you see Christians hating each other in the US?" answer all the time.
in emo phillips joke it the silly hatred, between one sect for another, or could you not see that.

All the time? You need to stop judging all Christians by the actions of a few. I most certainly don't see different sects of Christians actively hating and persecuting each other all the time. Most of them simply don't care! This is as bad as a theist using Stalin's qualities as a generalization for all atheists.

Considering that my best friend of over 15 years is a strict Roman Catholic who goes to mass more than twice a week and of the 15 or so people I consider my friends more than 10 are Christians,

You have a small, non-representative group of friends. Sorry....

For the vast wealth the Vatican has, there shouldn't be any hungry kids in the world!

All the time? You need to stop judging all Christians by the actions of a few. I most certainly don't see different sects of Christians actively hating and persecuting each other all the time. Most of them simply don't care!

But they do care, and unfortunately those that do, hold enough voting power to influence governments policies.

http://www.religioustolerance.org/chr_maco1.htm

Why should that matter? I explained with the wealth of these so called Catholic Christians, there shouldn't be hunger in the world! Does it mean that to help these poor people first they've got to convert to Catholicism?

The Roman Catholic church is not acting on the behalf of millions of Christians, Godless, you'll have to take the problem you have with their giving up with them.

Back