Which god?

(Q)

Encephaloid Martini
Valued Senior Member
Science can define and explain the disaster in Asia. But of course, there are plenty of members here who would supplant science with their gods.

So, which god is going to take responsibility for the earthquake/tsunami?

Certainly, those who believe in gods cannot deny a god was not responsible, whether it was their own god or anothers.

So, who is to blame?

Christians blame Satan, but then you can argue God is not all powerful.

(Q) said:
So, who is to blame?

The accumilation of man's sins. God was only punishing...just doing his job. It is our fault for sinning and sinning and sinning and not repenting afterwards.

Since the earthquake hit Asia then Hindu and Buddhist gods are primarily to blame.

And Satan must be far more powerful then given credit.

does it matter?

Only if you choose to believe it matters.

It is our fault for sinning and sinning and sinning and not repenting afterwards.

God thusly passes the buck.

Gods are only different aspects of one God.

Then that one god is to blame?

Which god? Well, I suppose you can find a just reason for any given god to cause such a disaster.
I say it was Gaia, the earth itself, because we are raping her. Just a guess of course.

(Q) said:
Then that one god is to blame?

Logic states; no one is to blame, it is a natural occurence, known and studied, and was simply a matter of time. There are many at fault who did not cooperate with the seismological system set up around the world which could have given the people atleast a few hours of time to prepare.

Human suffering states; Why is god punishing us?

The culprit of the tragedy is POSEIDON
OlymPoseidon.jpg

POSEIDON (puh-SYE-dun or poh-SYE-dun; Roman name Neptune) was the god of the sea, earthquakes and horses. Although he was officially one of the supreme gods of Mount Olympus, he spent most of his time in his watery domain.

Poseidon was brother to Zeus and Hades. These three gods divided up creation. Zeus was ruler of the sky, Hades had dominion of the Underworld and Poseidon was given all water, both fresh and salt.
http://www.mythweb.com/gods/Poseidon.html

Godless.

Godless: The culprit of the tragedy is POSEIDON
M*W: Is that piece of cloth around his middle what I think it is -- a blue striped terry cloth towel?

sargentlard said:
and this one god is?

He is called by different names like Allah, "I AM" and Brahman. I use to call it the "self". He expresses himself through everything, through you, but his expression is yet restricted in most humans. You are this divine being who is experiencing himself in a material body.

it's ALWAYS gotta be some god or devil gets blamed. Notice noone asks what 'god' is reponsible for the mass extinction of Earth's species....or the mass impoverishment of a huge percentage of humas in this planet.......
NO. cause that is 'US' doing it. But when a natrual disaster happens people always assume it is some 'god'....

Joeman said:
thats sad!, there are over 650 bad things, either caused directly, or indirectly by xian god, in the bible, but just over 50 more accountable to the devil, and none of those killed anyone.

(Q) said:
Science can define and explain the disaster in Asia. But of course, there are plenty of members here who would supplant science with their gods.

So, which god is going to take responsibility for the earthquake/tsunami?

Certainly, those who believe in gods cannot deny a god was not responsible, whether it was their own god or anothers.

So, who is to blame?

Why stop at the earthquake, which god was responsible for fruits, veg, animals, intelligence, beauty, pleasure, music....

Jan Ardena.

You are this divine being who is experiencing himself in a material body.

So, the tens of thousands of dead participated in a mass suicide?

Why stop at the earthquake, which god was responsible for fruits, veg, animals, intelligence, beauty, pleasure, music....

The same one who decided to arbitrarily end the lives of thousands and who will most likely add thousands more to the list from disease and starvation?

So Jan, how do you explain your gods recent actions?

Was he having a bad hair day?

(Q),

The same one who decided to arbitrarily end the lives of thousands and who will most likely add thousands more to the list from disease and starvation?

Every living being must die, that is natures way. There are 3 causes of death; 1) death due to ones own mind and/or body 2) death caused by natural causes 3) death caused by another living being. Death is inevitable.
God is as responsible for those bodily deaths as He is for life.

So Jan, how do you explain your gods recent actions?

In the same way that I would explain all the life that was created during that time, I suppose.

Was he having a bad hair day?

I doubt it.

Jan Ardena.

Back