Where Are Huge Fossils Forming?

By the way, the "Oort Cloud" does not exist, which of course is supposedly the "comet maker" which supposedly injects a fresh supply of comets into the solar system while those orbiting in the solar system burn up.

Since there is no Oort Cloud, the solar system is much younger than popularly advertised.
How do you know? Did Jim and Tammy Faye speak to you again?

The center of the orbits of the comets is between Mars and Jupiter, so there was the planet, and I explained that when it exploded, such induced the Deluge, so I answered your question, and now you are floundering about.

No, actually you didn't even come close to answering my questions.
It is well established that you believe a planet exploded between Mars and Jupiter (LOL!).

Yet you haven't even touched on:

1) Why did this planet magically explode out of nowhere?

2) Why does debris from a planet exploding cause the earth's plate tectonics system to speed up?

3) Why is there no mention at all of a planet exploding or anything which a planet exploding entails (massive debris) in the Bible?

In the Genesis flood account Noah mentions "the fountains of the deep" being opened. According to you, this is referring to the mid-ocean ridge opening up and sending massive amounts of magma and water up through the oceans.

So if Noah mentioned that the mid-ocean ridge was opening up, and he had no way of visibly observing this occurance, or even knowing what the mid-ocean ridge was, then why couldn't he make the simple observation of a planet exploding and debris coming on the near the earth? Further, why couldn't he mention the fact that the mountains rose and the ocean basins sunk?

When a crocodile dies in the swamp, it doesn't become a fossil.

When a cow dies on the lakeshore, it doesn't become a fossil.
Strange. I am sitting looking at a sample of calcarenite that I recovered in El Arish, shortly after the Israelis handed it back to the Egyptians. It is composed of the shells and shell fragments of numerous bivalves, now cemented together in a rock that is 95% fossils. I collected it at the edge of a beach formed from similar shell fragments that lacked only the cementation to make it a rock.
So, from personal observation I know that dead animals can be fossilised.
And did you not know that a very small percentage of those dead cows will become fossils? You didn't know that? Perhaps you should get out more.

The mummy strikes!

IAC, there are skeletons in bogs like La Brea that are slowly fossilizing. Partial mineralization is a fact. So the process is well established. Do you have any explanation for this? When do you think the earth was formed? August 14, 4004 BC?

I, uh, didn't say it was, IAC. Maybe you should verse yourself in the English language.

I didn't. Those are separate issues, as anyone with a passing familiarity with our language could note, if he chose to.

For fuck's sake, will you get off the red herrings on language and explain to me how fossils are NOT forming in the present era.

This is the net calling the bucket fishy, frankly. If the bucket were fishy, that is.

If they appear in a sedimentary column, then that means they appear at all strata in the sedimentary column, including recent strata. Or have you perhaps forgotten that more recent remains are found at North American aboriginal digs? Or animal bones from a mere 40-50 K years ago in La Brea? Where will these bones go, IAC? Who or what will consume or rot them, buried in twenty feet of tar? And why are older bones stone (with the exception of the odd Tyrannosaur marrow) and the newer ones still bone? I can explain these things. Can you? Were the dinosaur bones turned to stone for the failure of their original owners to accept Jehovah?

It's not my job to show that they are NOT forming in the present era as they appear in the sedimentary column, that's your job, remember?

BTW, your double negative translates to this:

It's...my job to show that they are...forming in the present era as they appear in the sedimentary column

Welcome, brother. Join the light.

Ok, so fossils have formed in the past when living things have died, become quickly buried and their remains or cavities become mineralised.
So, do things still die? yes!
Do environments still exist where deposition can occur quickly (even if sporadically) and bury something?:
Migrating desert dunes- yes!
River floodplains- yes!
Landslides- yes!
Beaches and coastal flats- yes!
Delta slopes and delta-top marshes- yes!
(just to list a few...)
Can minerals such as calcite still become dissolved in water? yes!
Can minerals such as calcite still precipitate out of water into a cavity or around an object? Yes!

So why in the hell wouldn't large fossils form today, even if only rarely?

Last edited:
Ok, so fossils have formed in the past when living things have died, become quickly buried and their remains or cavities become mineralised.
Do environments still exist where deposition can occur quickly (even if sporadically?) and bury something:
River floodplains- yes!
Landslides- yes!
(just to list a few...)
Can minerals such as calcite still precipitate out of water into a cavity or around an object? Yes!

My thoughts exactly. Well said.

Do environments still exist where deposition can occur quickly (even if sporadically) and bury something?:
River floodplains- yes!
Landslides- yes!
(just to list a few...)

Well put.

Back