Where Are Huge Fossils Forming?

If the CaCO3 in the deluge water was the cementing agent, why would the rocks cement after the water had drained?

Also, how do you explain the occurrence of silica cements? What caused one to form one place and another elsewhere?

GeoffP, at "75 million years ago," assuming a constant erosion rate through that alleged time, the continents should have eroded to sea level five times over. Your sense of time and reality are horribly skewed.

Oh, man. So sediment can never accumulate, only erode away? Plants don't die and form more soil, or even oil. Animals too. Right, right. And where does the material they came from go? Why...it goes. Somewhere. It gets eaten! It evaporates. Like poo. Why...poo...evaporates. Right? It doesn't accumulate and form soil or anything. No one ever uses it to fertilize fields (or, in IAC's case, arguments) because it doesn't add material to the soil. It just...evaporates. Erodes away. And planting trees or other plants around soil doesn't change erosion constants either, right? I mean, it can't change erosion constants by interfering with wind and water action, or - heavens above! - actually cause material to accumulate. Right?

You know, my cousin was a paleontologist, and I'm not one, but yet I seem with almost no training whatsoever to have grasped how the system works. What did you say your degree was in again, IAC? Because I think your college owes you back some money, and you owe that college a thin degree of meaningless paper.

Oh, man. Did you just want to cry "Illuminati!" and leave it at that? No one - or at least not me - is objecting to your faith, IAC. If you want to have faith, then have it, for God's sake or someone's. But if you're basing the whole thing in literalism then you are mad, because it doesn't work. Have your faith for the sake of your faith, and believe because you're called to believe and "do not put the Lord your God to the test".

And it's fine not to hide your candle under a bushel basket: I get this, I do. But don't light the frigging basket on fire while you're trying to make people see the candle. Some people - like me - don't, and won't.

It's a real bonus for me that Genesis history matches the evidence far better than conventional dogma, and don't forget, I was a mainstream geology student and geologist, even after I was born again, but then I began to look at the evidence, much of it little discussed, though many mainstream geologists, such as Agee, do acknowledge a great role that catastrophism played in the geologic record.

Back