What's heaven like?

Decorated predominantly in a restrained, minimalistic white with tasteful touches of gold here and there, to match the colour of the harps being strummed by the pretty young angels dotted about. Quiet, peaceful, with the citizens wandering, chatting, in and out of buildings constructed of white marble and glass, most of which seem to resemble small Greek temples. Ponds and fountains add to the air of total serenity.

No beggars, dogs or rock bands.

I try not to think about it, since it's futile. It's hard to imagine anything that would be enjoyable for an eternity. Anything would become boring.

So, I guess, if heaven is a place of eternal enjoyment, it would mean our perceptions would pretty much have to change completely. We might end up knowing what "timelessness" is, something we obviously could never conceive of now. So, basically I think of heaven as some inconceivable realm.

See what I mean, it's futile to think of.

It's like a garden full of hot naked chicks smoking refers and every 50 feet there is a chilled bottle of Cristal.

i'm not religious,
but heaven would be

eternal bliss, such that no other pleasure could greater nor missed.
THAT BLOODY GOOD.

i think that's quite similar to many/some religions.

or like an unaddictive, unaffected, healthy person... who can have heroin whenever he wants, meanwhile sex with an infinite number of beautiful women... i could go on forever describing a human heaven... so i'll stop there.
basically, i'll be a human god; that's heaven!

Actually all these images of heaven offerred are just summits of sense gratification which (sense gratification .... doing what my senses -touch taste etc - demand ) is ultimately selfish and the central theme of material existence - like for instance if you want to have heaps of sex then you are wasting your time in the human body - the pigeon is where its at!!
Or perhaps the body of a pig would be more suitable so you can do away with such artificial social constructs as 'mother' , 'sister' or 'daughter'

And if you want to have multitudes underneath you and be the ultimnate tyrant, forget stalin, what you need is the body of a termite queen

And if the human condition just drives you to seek relief from your mind by taking heaps of drugs as the only workable solution, then stupefied and frequently bad tempered eucalyptus leaf munching koala communities is your home sweet home

In short these things are not descriptions of heaven - they are descriptions of what you can easily acquire if you turf in the human form of life

Decorated predominantly in a restrained, minimalistic white with tasteful touches of gold here and there, to match the colour of the harps being strummed by the pretty young angels dotted about. Quiet, peaceful, with the citizens wandering, chatting, in and out of buildings constructed of white marble and glass, most of which seem to resemble small Greek temples. Ponds and fountains add to the air of total serenity.

No beggars, dogs or rock bands.
sounds like that beach house I want.

I try not to think about it, since it's futile. It's hard to imagine anything that would be enjoyable for an eternity. Anything would become boring.

So, I guess, if heaven is a place of eternal enjoyment, it would mean our perceptions would pretty much have to change completely. We might end up knowing what "timelessness" is, something we obviously could never conceive of now. So, basically I think of heaven as some inconceivable realm.

See what I mean, it's futile to think of.
I like your phylosophical approach, heck it's even totally true.
The un-imaginable eternity is un-comprehensible to a limited human being.

i'm not religious,
but heaven would be

eternal bliss, such that no other pleasure could greater nor missed.
THAT BLOODY GOOD.

i think that's quite similar to many/some religions.

or like an unaddictive, unaffected, healthy person... who can have heroin whenever he wants, meanwhile sex with an infinite number of beautiful women... i could go on forever describing a human heaven... so i'll stop there.
basically, i'll be a human god; that's heaven!
You know what, reading this maybe you are a bit religious...

Actually all these images of heaven offerred are just summits of sense gratification which (sense gratification .... doing what my

In short these things are not descriptions of heaven - they are descriptions of what you can easily acquire if you turf in the human form of life
Correct, then again, there is a way of getting the human to conclude that a human can not grasp, that Heaven is heavenly good above any imagination.

It is the most beautiful and precious moment of your life, with all people you love, repeats on and on and on...

For me it's Christmas morning at my grandparents' house when I was kid.

'I just woke up... I saw the light on the door that leads to dinning room... I heard familiar voices... Laugh... All people I love are here... It's still early and I went under my blanket, just for little more nap... I felt so safe and happy...'

I hope heaven will be that moment, when I get up and see all of them... happy and live again.

Its a place where we can eat anythig we want and never gain weight.
Everything and everyone would be beautiful, cooperative and smiling.
There would be no bills. Everything for free!
No work. We would all just lay about or do what we want maybe if we feel like it since we have all eternity.
We would feel an orgasmic passion running through our veins at all times like the first rush of love...but then we wouldn't really notice it as it would be happening all the time for eternity.

...Its a commercial and it just aint true!

You know what, reading this maybe you are a bit religious...

ahahah that just leaves me speechless.

drugs aren't usually incorporated though.
heaven would be pleasure, yeah, no?
so i was thinking purely pleasure. :p

"Heaven" is a land of mist and fog, where Crom stands glowering from his mountain, as the listless shades of the dead wander too and fro.

Back