What is "Rape Culture"?

So what if they are? In this thread, anyway, nothing depends on the exact frequency of campus sexual assault.

This is what, the third or fourth nitpick over counting actual rapes. What 's the relevance?
The answer is in the post. Read it again.

SuperGurl (sigh)

If the world is a gift that keeps on giving, so be it; but while reality itself can often seem a morbid joke, only humans can specialize as such:

A Singapore-based clothing company has received backlash for advertising its Black Friday sale with a disgusting reference to sexual assault.

SuperGurl, a company that sells women's clothes, thought it was a good idea to promote its Black Friday sale on its site with a pink button that said "RAPE US NOW" alongside a young woman in a suggestive pose ....

.... On Nov. 30, SuperGurl apologized on Facebook with a post signed by creative director Jordus Lim. In the post, Lim wrote that he "failed to review [his] Graphic Designer's work before approving the image to be displayed" on the site and called the choice of words "an honest mistake."

(Pittman↱)

There are some who, in questions of sexual belligerence, would have us ignore the proposition of rape culture and focus on crime prevention, owing in no small part to the suggestion that the decision to rape is independent of anything else.

We have a proximal juxtaposition; Jordus Lim called his failure to review the design before approving it an honest mistake, and in the business world there is plenty to discuss about what constitutes an honest mistake when sloth and apathy are the mistakes.

But what about the design itself? What in the world would make any graphic designer think this was a good idea? Or, more directly, not a terrible one?

If we pretend that this decision occurs in a cultural vacuum, we lie to ourselves and others.

Rather, the design decisions occurred in a context by which this is apparently not a glaringly obviously awful idea. Indeed, this occured in a context by which it is apparently a really good idea because it is expected to help sales.

And when we talk about rape culture as beliefs and behaviors within a societal culture contributing to rape, this is an example of outcomes that fall within that range.

This shouldn't be hard to grasp, although it certainly can be if one's hands are occupied constructing windmills for tilting.

Notes:

Pittman, Taylor. "Worst Black Friday Ad Ever Tells Customers To 'Rape Us Now'". The Huffington Post. 2 December 2015. HuffingtonPost.com. 2 December 2015. http://huff.to/1XzoNeq

I know I'm a bit late in responding to this, but Tiassa's attempt to use the above incident to demonstrate the supposed rape culture in the West (however you define that) made me chuckle. So let me get this straight: A comment about rape by a *Singaporean* company (that was most likely a result of a typo) which was condemned by members of the Singaporean community and resulted in the creative director issuing a grovelling apology, is evidence of rape culture in all Western countries? That sort of rationale reminds me of the mental equivalent of this:
'

Last edited:
This is what, the third or fourth nitpick over counting actual rapes. What 's the relevance?

Well, some people place a higher value on hard data and empirical evidence than speculation, anecdotes, unsupported assumptions, and misrepresentations. This isn't as common on sciforums, although I notice that liberals here do demand hard data when an opinion contrary to their own is offered up. When it comes to supporting their *own* speculation, then they all scamper off or cry 'troll'.

Anyway, since anecdotes and personal accounts appear to carry significant weight on sciforums, I talked to each of my male friends and ex-boyfriends about sexual harassment. Interesting, they *all* had experienced sexual harassment at the hands of women at at least one point in their life. Some examples include:

- A older female doctor conducting an examination of their sore lower back, and then running her hands over their buttocks and remarking what 'Nice, young firm buttocks' they were.

- An older female client repeatedly remarking how 'sexy' he was, and blowing kisses at him on numerous occasions.

- Being pinched on the ass, or having their crotch groped.

- Being asked which hand they masturbate with.

- Being told that they can 'whip up their own cream' without the need of any mixing device.

- Being told they must have a 'small dick'.

- Being ridiculed for supposedly being a virgin.

I found it curious that all of my male friends had experienced what is regarded as 'sexual harassment' at some point in their lives, and how this appears to be treated as a less serious issue than sexual harassment perpetrated against women. I would hypothesize that this is due to circular logic. Society considers men more acceptable targets for sexual harassment, so it isn't regarded as a serious issue. Therefore the degree of sexual harassment against men isn't examined as closely as it is for women, and many cases go undetected. As a result, the prevalence of sexual harassment against men appears to be lower than it is for women (due to under-reporting), and it isn't seen as a serious issue.

Hard data comes from anecdotes. You know, peoples experiences?? But one would have to be a fool to believe its exact if its not all reported.

As for harassment or sexual assault against males, who the heck said it doesn't exist? Males have been sexually assaulted primarily when younger and quite often by other older or stronger males, not just females. But males are rarely actually overpowered or raped by females as its a physiological issue. When a male is physically raped its usually committed by another male. Ive seen a documentary where a man was pimping out his young son to other men in a poor eastern block country. He specifically told the men that 'he (his son) can give it to you but you cant do it (penetration) to him' as some way to retain his sons dignity or lesson a sense of violation. The aspect of vulnerability and violation protects him quite a bit by the males physiology in relation to women. This is probably why most of the males just regarded even sexual assault by a female as just a notch on their belt. So don't try to play it off as its somehow equal because it isn't. Males are generally more aggressive, have the ability to overpower physically and have higher sex drive. Fact and the results of this is evident in, again, the hard publicized facts you tunnel vision on.

I've been told personal anecdotes by males who experienced sexual fondling or coerced into intercourse when young by an older female like a babysitter. Surprisingly, most were not as traumatized by it as much as the anecdotes of males who were assaulted by a male. It probably has to do with the subjugation and manhood. Still, sexual assault against males should be taken seriously even if its not experienced as such by the victim or they are too young to know. Its traumatic and damaging especially when there is significant age and power disparity where the male is intimidated or feels powerless compared to the female. Its also worse if it has an incestuous connotation or context due to the perversion and violation of trust. But all hard data should be taken with a grain of salt as it can only account for reported cases.

But there is still a pattern and the majority perpetrators are indeed males. Many people either brush it off in some mild cases and some from too much shame or even fear of stigma in severe cases. If women are so respected and taken more seriously in cases of harassment, why do they also struggle with not being believed or for being blamed in somehow bringing it on themselves, not taken seriously or even the backlash that 'they are just being men'??!

Is your stance now to deflect attention to male sexual harassment to minimize harassment against women?

Because it doesn't fly. Women historically and still today are more victims of sexual harassment and assault by men. Females struggle with stigma, guilt, shame and coercion to not report just as males do. Its not a stretch to understand all cases of harassment and even rapes are not reported. Even the hard facts you depend on support it because people with life experience know others who have not reported their experiences to the authorities. Some will never talk about it and some will take it to their grave as a secret or skeleton in the closet, both victim and perpetrators. Common sense and life experience by both genders support it.

Males, of course, are also victims but not to the prevalence as females. Factual (hard data), anecdotal and common sense.

Last edited:
Devastation

Nightmare in Uttar Pradesh: via The Indian Express

It occurs to me that I considered Uttar Pradesh↱ earlier in the thread, while recalling an earlier discussion of rape culture. And the thing about checking in for the update is that the intersection of Uttar Pradesh and Women is a real-time, perpetual human rights disaster.

A silent revolution is unfolding in the backwaters of Uttar Pradesh. Women in a remote village in Fatehpur district are now insisting that their husbands who work in cities and metros get a HIV test done before they return home for vacations.

"We do not want our husbands to bring back disease and death, along with money and gifts. We are not sure of their lifestyle when they are away from home and we cannot risk the health of the entire family. A simple blood test is all that is needed to set our doubts at rest and the men should not have a problem with this," said Rameshwari, 26, whose husband works in Ludhiana.

(The Asian Age)

This is important. Migrant mining and other labor has proven a problematic vector in the effort to curb HIV transmission; I recall reading of this issue in Africa sometime in the late nineties or early aughts. And this is very important in Uttar Pradesh, as we might discern from Amir Haque↱ for India Today:

Known for its pathetic law and order situation, Uttar Pradesh is once again in news for all the wrong reasons. The issue this time is a record jump in figures relating to crime against women in the state.

The latest figures released by the National Crime Records Bureau (NCRB) puts UP in the number one position with a record escalation in cases of crime against women.

With a figure of 38467 in 2014 as against 32546 in 2013, the state has recorded a jump of 18% in cases where women have been victims in criminal cases. With this, UP has broken all previous records of escalation in such crimes, leaving behind Andhra Pradesh which in 2013 had recorded 32809 cases of crimes against the fairer sex ....

.... As per National Crime Records Bureau (NCRB), the figures relating to crimes against women include crime-heads like rape, attempt to rape, kidnapping and abduction of women, dowry deaths, assault on women with intent to outrage her modesty, cruelty by husband or his relatives, human smuggling, domestic violence and immoral trafficking etc.

And I don't know whether to laugh or gnash my teeth about "the fairer sex". It is, I suppose, an adorable term for all the wrong reasons.

If I tell you the headline Sandali Tiwari↱ is, "12-year-old Odisha girl sold by uncle, raped, escapes, raped again" ... I mean, really. Can I please not quote the detail? Uttar Pradesh is known worldwide as a continuing atrocity.

And the impact:

Coming out of the stigma to mend their tattered lives, women in Uttar Pradesh, especially from Lucknow who are infected with HIV AIDS will now have a better chance of living. FICCI Ladies Organisation (FLO) Lucknow Kanpur Chapter, in a unique collaboration with Uttar Pradesh AIDS control society (UPSACS) will be creating livelihood for HIV-positive and HIV affected women. According to data, there are around 37,045 HIV positive women in the state.

(Times of India)

It is an ugly cycle, predictable in some of its dimensions, and greatly empowered by powerully dehumanizing customs regarding women in society. Youth Ki Awaaz↱ offers a striking glimpse:

"Are you married? Why don't you make yourself up a little? You must be bathing, even putting on clothes everyday – so how much longer will it take to do a little make-up? I detest women who don't dress up a little, take care of the way they look," says the Station Officer in the Chilla police station, Tindwari block, Banda district, Uttar Pradesh. He's talking to a reporter. She's come into the station to investigate a rape in the area. The line of questioning obviously led him to inquire about her personal beautification habits. It's a common detour.

‡​

"You roam around all day, in the burning sun – it's not right for women to be roaming around this way. I'll give you a job right here, with a pay of 10,000 rupees a month!" the Inspector at the police post in Baberu block of Banda commented with concern, and an accompanying sneer. When the reporter he was addressing said that in fact, she had come to get some information on a story, the same Inspector asked her to return later in the evening, alone, and "all your questions will be answered…" When the reporter objected to this, the only effect it had was to replace the sneer with big-bellied hoots of laughter. The reporter got the information she needed from another official present in the station, and left.

For women, the disrespect is ubiquitous:

A member of Vanangana, who has worked for decades with women in this area told us about travelling with these women a few years ago, "I boarded the train from Chitrakoot station. There were many women carrying bundles of wood on their heads; one caught my eye, she seemed like she was 14 or 15 years old. A man was harassing her, for some time. When he was getting off the train, he pressed tightly against the girl's chest, and bit her cheek. This wasn't some isolated, lonely place – it was in a packed compartment of a local train. The girl was traumatised, but when we said we should go to the police, she responded, 'Madam, this is an everyday thing for me. The police will say that we entrap men on purpose; our clothes draw men to us.' The girl was dressed, as were all the women carrying wood, in a dhoti folded high, and her sari pallu tied around her waist. In incidents like this, the police often say that women invite unwanted attention. I've witnessed this myself many times."

While the economy is growing in India, the participation of women in the workforce is low and in places like rural Uttar Pradesh, where employment opportunity is scarce enough that men travel as migrant labor, many women find themselves economically constrained. In the end, asking their husbands to show they haven't picked up HIV is not really a big ask.

And while it is easy enough to suggest it is, well, yeah, they're women; it's only their lives. And that's the problem. We can't pretend the flesh trade in India is any sort of romantic idyll; while it is easy enough to postulate the legitimacy of prostitution as an industry, the market reality is overwhelmingly awful anywhere. It is, furthermore, reasonable to point to cycles of poverty and undereducation, but these generally affect women more severely, and in the end we cannot look past the cultural pathways by which such outcomes would seem to take it out on women simply because they are women.

That is, in the psychoanalytical exploration of history, the difference between disrespect general and particular becomes important. Two men might beat each other to death for whatever reasons, but rarely will their manhood be the specific reason.

Did you scratch his car? Did you look at his girl wrong? Are you the wrong religion? Sure, maybe he'll come after you.

What about her? She's a woman? That's good enough for him?

That's the difference.

Rape culture occurs in every society in the human endeavor; the manner in which it manifests reflects the culture. Uttar Pradesh seethes with dense concentrations of the elements, and at the heart is the dehumanization of women.

Wives demanding HIV tests of their husbands?

This is what it comes to. After all, it's only their lives. Maybe their husbands don't give a damn, but being a woman takes on much greater significance if one is a woman. And that a society disdains the notion of women as human beings does not mean they are not.

But yes, Uttar Pradesh is a pretty good example of what it comes to.

I loathe the update from Uttar Pradesh; it's a nightmare.

Notes:

Correspondent. "Uttar Pradesh: Women insist on HIV tests for husbands in cities". The Asian Age. 2 December 2015. AsianAge.com. 4 December 2015. http://bit.ly/1IKnptA

Haque, Amir. "Women most unsafe in Akhilesh's Uttar Pradesh". India Today. 17 November 2015. IndiaToday.InToday.in. 4 December 2015. http://bit.ly/1m2EtWK

Khabar Lahariya. "Think Life's Easy For A Journalist Or Panchayat Head? Nope. Not When You're 'Just A Woman'". Youth Ki Awaaz. 17 November 2015. YouthKiAwaaz.com. 4 December 2015. http://bit.ly/1Q6nlMf

Tiwari, Sandali. "12-year-old Odisha girl sold by uncle, raped, escapes, raped again". The Indian Express. 3 December 2015. IndianExpress.com. 4 December 2015. http://bit.ly/1XI2T8Q

TNN. "Ficci wing extends help to HIV-positive women". The Times of India. 1 December 2015. TimesOfIndia.IndiaTimes.com. 4 December 2015. http://bit.ly/1PGS6aT

Also, as for unreported cases keep two major issues in mind. its much easier and acceptable to report strangers than people you know and just as hard where there is no proof or hard evidence is long gone.

Not being believed as well as confusing context (people one knows, depend on, subject to, have major coercive influence on you and trusted) are the main reasons of unreported cases under the radar.

Since the majority of cases of sexual assault are committed by people one knows causing fear of not being believed, backlash and alienation, that's a lot more unaccounted for victims. Heh, and criminals.

There are people who have a rap sheet over misdemeanors or petty offenses in comparison and will be labeled as 'criminals' by society.

There are people who have committed heinous acts and who are officially clean as a whistle and be regarded as an acceptable member of society.

That's why the facade of society should be taken with a grain of salt also. You rarely really know your associates and sometimes even those close to you as to what they are capable of or what they have done.

Some people will just not be held accountable because life is imperfect but we often forget that. We take society at face value to deal with it. We can't be suspicious at every turn. But this is how criminals view society as just a game and even false reputation as truth. Its because they think if they can get away with it, its justified. The ends justify the means. A lie isn't so if its undetected and an act never occurred just the same. They literally believe they are innocent until proven guilty even if they actually committed an act. Its hard to wrap your head around this type of mind but quite a lot of people are like this and you rub shoulders with them daily. If people love them, their silent victims dont matter. The privilege, rewards and labels society bestows is reality to them. Of course, it doesn't mean its the real truth but generally society does operate this way.

What I mean is and I'm trying to clarify is that these psychopaths take 'innocent until proven guilty' to a whole 'nother level. They think its another's job first to know, prove them guilty and they have a innate righteous sense of god-given privilege to use intelligence and manipulation to evade. Yes, for others to know but even if one is the culprit, guilt is not real or legitimate even mentally and emotionally unless one is caught. If there is no consequence to them, it might as well never happened like it doesn't exist. That's just soo.... bizarre. Lmao.

Last edited:
Justice in the mind of the narcissist/criminal/rapist is merely a battle of wits and power. It has nothing to do with right, wrong or damages in question against the victim. There is also no such thing as 'truth' unless its self-serving. Its deadly to look at truth. Its far better to bend or twist it or at least ignore and dismiss it. Even better, just pretend it doesnt exist, sign of diabolical genius, so you are impervious to it. Lmao

Even if truth or reality is hypocritical or warped to win then that's justice too! Because coming out on top is justice. lmfao

Last edited:
It is necessary to give some thought to this to see the connection with America's rape culture, but it's there...

http://highline.huffingtonpost.com/articles/en/kenya-abortion/
Yes it takes quite a bit of imagination to connect these particular dots.

"No other major donor country places similar restrictions on abortion care for rape victims."

The EU institutions (US $13million) were the largest donor of humanitarian assistance to Nigeria in 2012, followed by Norway (US 6.4 million) and the Netherlands (US 6.0million). Norway provided 17% 60 million) of all humanitarian assistance to the country between 2003 and 2012.

http://www.globalhumanitarianassistance.org/countryprofile/nigeria

"Pakistan, India, Nigeria, and Kenya were among the top 10 of countries the UK helped despite not counting as “least developed”.

http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-news/uks-foreign-aid-being-wasted-5762205

There is nothing that prevents Nigeria from helping these girls other than internal policy/issues.

Last edited:
secular said:
The answer is in the post. Read it again.
No, it isn't. You guys have some strange argument going that seems to depend on whether there are enough rapes to support some claim of a rape culture? Seriously? That's the impression. As if exaggerated or deceptive use of statistics to justify various efforts to deal with the threat of sexual assault cast doubt on the existence of the cultural abetting of rape, structural incorporation of the threat of rape, use of rape and its threats for achieving cultural goals, etc.

tali said:
Well, some people place a higher value on hard data and empirical evidence than speculation, anecdotes, unsupported assumptions, and misrepresentations.
I'm sure it's nice that the value is higher, but what is it - the value of hard but irrelevant data? And why do some people misrepresent what empirical data they have (claiming harassment is simply saying "hi, how are you", for example, when it's right in front of them)?

tali said:
I found it curious that all of my male friends had experienced what is regarded as 'sexual harassment' at some point in their lives, and how this appears to be treated as a less serious issue than sexual harassment perpetrated against women. I would hypothesize that this is due to circular logic.
Other people would hypothesize that the absence of continual public and private harassment and the absence of serious threat are factors in the estimation of seriousness overall.

And that the occasional presence of serious threat is taken seriously - such as by the FBI agents who threatened conscientious objectors to the Vietnam War with jail rape.

A rape culture is nothing if not multifaceted, full of opportunities for those inclined.

No, it isn't. You guys have some strange argument going that seems to depend on whether there are enough rapes to support some claim of a rape culture? Seriously? That's the impression. As if exaggerated or deceptive use of statistics to justify various efforts to deal with the threat of sexual assault cast doubt on the existence of the cultural abetting of rape, structural incorporation of the threat of rape, use of rape and its threats for achieving cultural goals, etc.
If the statics on campus rape are inaccurate then there’s a misallocation of resources for areas where the risk is actually higher. That's not good.

secular said:
If the statics on campus rape are inaccurate then there’s a misallocation of resources for areas where the risk is actually higher. -
No, there isn't. There is no fixed pool of allocated resources for rape culture management, such that money sent to A is subtracted from B. Neither is there any necessary identity between areas of high rape prevalence and areas where we most need or benefit from financed opposition and undermining of our rape culture.

tali89:
Well, some people place a higher value on hard data and empirical evidence than speculation, anecdotes, unsupported assumptions, and misrepresentations.

I'm sure it's nice that the value is higher, but what is it - the value of hard but irrelevant data?

The data is relevant. You consider it otherwise only because the data conflicts with your distorted worldview, which you regard as axiomatic.

And why do some people misrepresent what empirical data they have (claiming harassment is simply saying "hi, how are you", for example, when it's right in front of them)?

Indeed, you have yet to explain how the examples that I cited from the street harassment video amounted to harassment.

Other people would hypothesize that the absence of continual public and private harassment

Are you implying that women are subjected to continual public and private harassment? Which women, and by which men, in which society? By what method did you determine this? And have you used the same method to determine the degree of sexual harassment that men are subjected to in the same society?

and the absence of serious threat

Are you suggesting that sexual harassment isn't a big deal if it doesn't lead to sexual assault or rape?

secular said:
Yes, there is. There's only so much to go around and the focus has been on campus rape
The idea that there is "only so much to go around" is confused. So is the notion that there is a "the focus". There is no societal pool of money dedicated to rape culture amelioration. Efforts to undermine rape culture's influence are individually funded. The money spent by the military, to deal with their problem, is not subtracted from the money available to public universities to deal with their problem, which in turn is not subtracted from the money budgeted by local police to handle their business, which in turn is not subtracted from the money large corporations devote to their HR efforts and parking lot security and lawsuit payouts, and so forth.

If you think too much money is being spent on the campus problem relative to what is needed to address it, that money is being wasted, that's one thing. Or if you regard the expenditures on other aspects of the rape culture problem as insufficient, and the comparison with the expenditures on the campuses a useful critique (Marxist class analysis, say) of American society, that also makes sense. But there is no such "allocation" of money as you object to here.
secular said:
How much have they received in government funds, do you even know?
No. It's too small to register in the various breakdowns of the Federal budget I am familiar with. About a hundredth of a percent is as detailed as I usually check out.

tali said:
Are you implying that women are subjected to continual public and private harassment?
Yes. And please look up the word "continual" in a good dictionary (one with usage information, such as the American Heritage Third or the Oxford, and not the online versions) before replying, thanks.
tali said:
Which women, and by which men, in which society?
Most women, by men they cannot realistically avoid, in your society.
tali said:
Are you suggesting that sexual harassment isn't a big deal if it doesn't lead to sexual assault or rape?
I'm suggesting that it's a much bigger deal when it's backed up by an ever-present threat of assault and rape.

I'm also pointing out that sexual harassment of boys with threat of assault is not exactly in conflict with the existence of a rape culture.

btw:
Indeed, you have yet to explain how the examples that I cited from the street harassment video amounted to harassment
Three other people handled that, earlier. But that's not the significant thing. The significant thing is the need for explanation. Not just one or two aberrant sociopaths, but a good share of the adult viewing audience, needed to have that video explained to them. That demonstrates the existence of a culture, not the occasional presence of the mentally disturbed.

Last edited:
tali said:
Are you implying that women are subjected to continual public and private harassment?

iceaura: Yes.

You ignored the associated question: "By what method did you determine this? And have you used the same method to determine the degree of sexual harassment that men are subjected to in the same society?"

tali89:
tali said:
Which women, and by which men, in which society?

iceaura: Most women, by men they cannot realistically avoid, in your society.

Quantify 'most', and provide evidence that 'most' women are subjected to 'continual public and private harassment', or we can conclude that this is yet another of your unsupported assumptions. You'll also need to explain how you could have gathered the data relevant to my society, when you don't actually know in what society I live.

I'm suggesting that it's a much bigger deal when it's backed up by an ever-present threat of assault and rape.

So if an episode of sexual harassment experienced by a woman doesn't lead to sexual assault or rape, it's not a big deal?

I'm also pointing out that sexual harassment of boys with threat of assault is not exactly in conflict with the existence of a rape culture.

And I'm observing that it's not exactly a smoking gun that is demonstrative of rape culture. My close male friends have all experienced sexual harassment at some point in their lives, yet I doubt any of the leftoids on this thread would rush to use that as evidence of a 'rape culture' existing against men. It's clear that attempting to use instances of sexual harassment against women as evidence of 'rape culture' is nothing more than cherry picking by prejudicial feminists who have double standards.

tali89: Indeed, you have yet to explain how the examples that I cited from the street harassment video amounted to harassment

iceaura: Three other people handled that, earlier.

Then you should have no problem citing exactly where they have done so, although I suspect you'll do what you have previously done when asked to offer up hard fact instead of speculation, and that's this:

Don't feel too embarrassed. You're far from the first leftoid on this forum who has bolted when asked to provide data to support their hypothesis.

One would think that an adult of average intelligence, with an average educational attainment—I’m ballparking here, but I would posit some post-secondary level education , or it’s equivalent (i.e., via self-tutelage)—would be capable of grasping certain things. Specifically, an understanding of subtlety and nuance. But also, and perhaps more importantly, an ability to articulate what distinguishes, say, chemistry and biology from sociology and anthropology. Now, perhaps such a person could not precisely distinguish what is sociology, and how it differs from anthropology; but certainly said person could cite the principle qualitative differences which make chemistry a different sort of scientific inquiry from sociology, no?

There is certainly room for intelligent disagreement on this topic, but we’re not seeing it here. I presume that most participants understand that the subject under discussion is ”rape culture”, and that it ain’t that kind of "culture"—so what’s with the “organized gangs of rapists” and the “hard data” on the prevalence of rape and sexual assault, on or off of college campuses? And as regards the latter, “hard data” that actually reflects the real prevalence for such is pretty damn hard to come by, for reasons already cited (and others not yet cited, as far as I know).

So what are we to conclude? Tali strikes me as, at the very least, “average,” but he/she keeps a’ coming with these bullshit strawman and “factoids” and whatnots, all of which suggests that Tali hasn’t a clue as to what is meant by “culture” within this context. But I’m not buying it. No one is that fucking stupid (well, some are, but I don’t think that Tali is). So wot’s, uh, the deal? I can only conclude that trolling is at play here, which begs the question: why?

And then there’s all this leftist, “leftoid,” feminist, and socialist shit—where the hell is that coming from?

parmalee said:
And as regards the latter, “hard data” that actually reflects the real prevalence for such is pretty damn hard to come by, for reasons already cited (and others not yet cited, as far as I know).

So since it's too hard for you to find data that reflects the real prevalence of rape, that absolves you from being required to support assumptions that at least partly rely on such data? Wouldn't it be more intellectually honest to form an opinion *after* obtaining the relevant facts and data?

The rest of your post is nothing more than a childish tantrum consisting of little more than personal attacks. I think that image summarizes up your foot stamping quite well:

crybaby.jpg

Source: http://fellowshipoftheminds.com/2013/10/29/tuesday-funnies-2/

So since it's too hard for you to find data that reflects the real prevalence of rape, that absolves you from being required to support assumptions that at least partly rely on such data? Wouldn't it be more intellectually honest to form an opinion *after* obtaining the relevant facts and data?

The rest of your post is nothing more than a childish tantrum consisting of little more than personal attacks. I think that image summarizes up your foot stamping quite well:

crybaby.jpg

Source: http://fellowshipoftheminds.com/2013/10/29/tuesday-funnies-2/

Idiot.

What do you call someone who incessantly whines about leftists, socialists, feminists, et al, irrespective of context, and repeatedly uses phrases like "butt-hurt"?

Back