Votes: 2 15.4%
  • Justice

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Temperance

• Prudence

• Total voters
So, of the poll options, 8 are not restricted to religious folk (assuming "faith" is in reference to the flavour of God or gods that one is into)? So it could be that Christian's greatest virtue has scant all to do with them actually being... you know... believers, let alone Christian?

Seems an odd poll.

Part of the problem has to do with the leftist tendency to gang up on people if they don't say the politically correct thing. Faith is taboo since it is the one virtue, more than any other, that implies you believe in God. The rest can be done by anyone, including an atheist, and are therefore more PC. Polls often reflect PC and not the truth in people's heart, because many people try to avoid the consequences of PC.

It is like if someone said they liked Trump. This is taboo in many circles. To say that answer, one has to be willing to put up with people attacking you and not just your opinion. It is easier to say Bernie, rather than deal with this. The good Christian will turn the other cheek, but doesn't want to be slapped for being honest.

Bullies know this and can use the threat to make the polls work out in ways, that do not reflect reality. The goal is, if enough people give lip service, it will become the collective perception of truth. It is like tail wagging the dog due to relative perception. If you believe in relative truth and relative morality, the tail can wag the dog.

When I was younger I had faith and my parents didn't beat me up.

Hence, what you say is untrue?

Part of the problem has to do with the leftist tendency to gang up on people if they don't say the politically correct thing.
You mean, if they say something racist? Would you prefer that people not try to fight racism? Oh, wait, you would.
Faith is taboo since it is the one virtue, more than any other, that implies you believe in God. The rest can be done by anyone, including an atheist, and are therefore more PC. Polls often reflect PC and not the truth in people's heart, because many people try to avoid the consequences of PC.
Since most "leftists" in the USA are Christian, this doesn't make a lot of sense. Perhaps it's only when people profess faith in order to discriminate that people criticize? Perhaps people complain about "PC" in order to shield themselves from the consequences of saying something racist, sexist, or homophobic.
It is like if someone said they liked Trump. This is taboo in many circles. To say that answer, one has to be willing to put up with people attacking you and not just your opinion.
If you are racist, then you should be attacked for that. Trump attacks people all the time, so why can't everyone follow his example?

Bullies know this and can use the threat to make the polls work out in ways, that do not reflect reality.
That's an interesting conspiracy theory. Especially given that Trump is clearly a bully.

The goal is, if enough people give lip service, it will become the collective perception of truth. It is like tail wagging the dog due to relative perception. If you believe in relative truth and relative morality, the tail can wag the dog.
Careful, you're giving away the Republican playbook!

Part of the problem has to do with the leftist tendency to gang up on people if they don't say the politically correct thing. Faith is taboo since it is the one virtue, more than any other, that implies you believe in God. The rest can be done by anyone, including an atheist, and are therefore more PC. Polls often reflect PC and not the truth in people's heart, because many people try to avoid the consequences of PC.

I suppose it depends on the poll, really. When people call my number, I have no problem giving an honest answer. I've yet to be asked any questions regarding social issues during a survey. Most are more concerned about current politics--who I'm throwing my vote at.

"Political Correct" is very real...in the minds of liberals. If you disagree with them, you're a racist, homophobe, bigot. It gets reduced down to name calling, because they having nothing really to fall back on.

It is like if someone said they liked Trump. This is taboo in many circles. To say that answer, one has to be willing to put up with people attacking you and not just your opinion. It is easier to say Bernie, rather than deal with this. The good Christian will turn the other cheek, but doesn't want to be slapped for being honest.

So true. I don't support Trump or Hillary, yet I'm not going to attack those who do. I might slam the character of the candidates, but I won't get personal with the individual who chooses to vote for one or the other. Again, it's the politically correct response they want, and if you don't talk their talk, you're simply bad.

Bullies know this and can use the threat to make the polls work out in ways, that do not reflect reality. The goal is, if enough people give lip service, it will become the collective perception of truth. It is like tail wagging the dog due to relative perception. If you believe in relative truth and relative morality, the tail can wag the dog.

The liberal media controls most the polling that you see. Don't be expecting an honest outcome. Brexit is a good example of the media trying to fudge public opinion, only to be dashed to bits in the end. I think people are waking up to the world we live in. It's an artificial environment that tries to control who we are.

Well, we've strayed a long way from the original post. Interesting.

Yes.

All Liberals will burn in Hell because they're not part of the 'in' club.

Oh and BTW, what do you make of my response to, wellwisher?

According to Paul, the greatest is love. (1 Corinthians 13:13) But, I'm an atheist. What do I know?

"Political Correct" is very real...in the minds of liberals. If you disagree with them, you're a racist, homophobe, bigot. It gets reduced down to name calling, because they having nothing really to fall back on.
You are a homophobe and you are definitely sexist. You use "PC" as a way of trying to escape being called out for your bigoted statements. You are free to say all the bigoted things you want, but people are also free to criticize your bigotry. People have explained in detail why you are homophobic and sexist, you can't say that you are only called names. You use "PC" as an attempt to shield yourself.

The liberal media controls most the polling that you see.
That is crazy talk. Unless you mean "neo-liberal".

According to Paul, the greatest is love. (1 Corinthians 13:13) But, I'm an atheist. What do I know?
I am also an atheist and I find, as I suspect do you, that I live by the principles of christianity with greater application than so many who run around saying they are true believers.
Using the term real somewhat loosely I would say a "real" christian is one who is not a hypocrite when professing to live a christian life.
I think I am a good christian it is just that I dont believe there is a God, therefore no one can claim to be the son of God, and there was no resurrection. As to being decent, kind forgiving respectful etc yes I go along with and live by that approach.
If you dont respect others you cant respect yourself, every one is different and no one has a right to judge them in any way. We have courts and laws to determine if someone has crossed a line. Folk should remember that at all times.
Alex

You are a homophobe and you are definitely sexist. You use "PC" as a way of trying to escape being called out for your bigoted statements. You are free to say all the bigoted things you want, but people are also free to criticize your bigotry. People have explained in detail why you are homophobic and sexist, you can't say that you are only called names. You use "PC" as an attempt to shield yourself.

In other words, you disagree with my opinions. Thanks for calling me out.

All Liberals will burn in Hell because they're not part of the 'in' club.
Not sure who you were responding to. I think their children will inherit the world, and it's in a downward slide right now with little chance of recovery.

In other words, you disagree with my opinions. Thanks for calling me out.
Way to go on trying to weasel out and thus continue to prove my point about "PC". It is a term used by bigots to avoid owning up to their behavior.

First Rule of Advertising: "The name acquires the attributes of the thing". The name "Christian" is going to follow that rule, eventually.
bowser said:
Political Correct" is very real...in the minds of liberals. If you disagree with them, you're a racist, homophobe, bigot. It gets reduced down to name calling, - - -
The liberal media controls most the polling that you see.
"Politically Correct" is the name you call certain viewpoints or reactions you disagree with in your mind, but not others which are in reason indistinguishable (such as the ban on labeling US anti-abortion violence "Christian terrorism", the KKK a "Christian" organization, etc. ).

The name you called the media -"liberal" - is mistaken. The overwhelmingly dominant media organizations and service providers in the US, including those involved in most polling and reporting on polls, are to some degree solidly rightwing, authoritarian, and conservative.

Nevertheless, there is no standard pejorative term for those who share your fantasy view of the US media corporations and services. There are such terms for those who share your fantasy views on race, homosexuality, etc, but they are pejorative only in your denial of their accuracy. Why do you object to having your clear and deliberately adopted racist views and opinions called "racist", anyway?

My favorite psychologist was, Freud. Which puts a large emphasis on childhood.
Do you consider yourself a better person because of your upbringing? Are you happy now? My personal experience with child rearing has had mixed results.

I would think you're more concerned with yourself than me with those remarks.
You say your parents never beat you. Are you a happier person because of it? Maybe you were the perfect child who never found himself in trouble. I'm curious about your views on childhood development.

Back