Votes: 2 15.4%
  • Justice

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Temperance

• Prudence

• Total voters
You're insinuating that I'm insinuating that only people who hold spiritual beliefs, or are religious, etc...can work towards being ''better'' people, and I never said that. Nor do I remotely think that.

My mistake then. Asking if most people know how to be good people does imply that to me. I don't know how else to read it other than doubting that most people don't know how to be good but people who attempt to follow Jesus do?

How else can one read that?

Last edited:
mixed bag
Some folks were born assholes.
Some folks have worked at it their whole lives.

Most have a mixture of compassion and focused self interest.
Some(really rare few) are purely compassionate.

I suspect that the economic imperative leads many astray.

My mistake then. Asking if most people know how to be good people does imply that to me. I don't know how else to read it other than doubting that most people don't know how to be good but people who attempt to follow Jesus do?

However else can one read that?

No, I actually meant that many people don't know how to be better people, religious and atheist alike. That's the truth. Being a person of faith guarantees nothing, it just means you believe that a god exists. It is still up to that person to be a good person. Just like many atheists aren't good people, either, for whatever the reason. It's up to the individual, as I see it. Having faith can give a person joy, peace and comfort, but it still doesn't ensure that he/she will be a ''good'' person. That's what I meant with my question.

No, I actually meant that many people don't know how to be better people, religious and atheist alike. That's the truth. Being a person of faith guarantees nothing, it just means you believe that a god exists. It is still up to that person to be a good person. Just like many atheists aren't good people, either, for whatever the reason. It's up to the individual, as I see it. Having faith can give a person joy, peace and comfort, but it still doesn't ensure that he/she will be a ''good'' person. That's what I meant with my question.
Ah, my bad. I agree. Being an atheist or being of faith isn't related to how good you are or how good you know to be. We are in agreement. :)

Back