What evidence would work?

If it could be shown that this planet was and is the only planet in the whole Universe, that had evolved life to the peak of what humanity supposedly is, then yes, it may then be classed as unique.
Otherwise saying it is unique is just wrong.
what about your " cannot travel vast distances " remarks, which was your argument for non human life existence(aliens), remember, " no evidence"-- and now you leave this comment open-ended, implying that alien life exist.

If Krash had an issue with the PM then there is a "report" button for that on the PM. But posting that PM in public without permission is a pretty key rule, I'd have thought? I think the clue is in the title, right? Private messaging, not Public messaging.
the message, if you were able to read it, was only, simply, an attempt of insulting me, which is also against the rules. on an usual bases,I am not that pathetic enough to hurry-up to the report button. but i will say, i did hit that report button after my ban was lifted.

if you are going to PM with an abundance of low level minded nonsense, i am going to publicly display it.

and moderator(s) involved in said situation want to make sure that all staff members and admin and the site's owners are aware of what is going on and what is being said at all times.
which is exactly, 100%, why i posted it publicly.

LIM-- overall-- like sand through the hourglass, these are the days of our lives on this site.

does this not ,in a sense, contradict the whole " there is no evidence for aliens " stance?--simply because since there is no evidence, then that implies that humans are the only, which then makes humanity " unique."

You are wrong: I don't contradict myself. I certainly believe that we are not alone as I have stated many times. For the reasons that I have also stated many times...near infinite extent of the universe, near infinite content and the stuff of life being everywhere.
But I'm also aware that at this time and at this stage of our existence, we have no conclusive evidence of the Earth having ever been visited, nor any hard evidence of ETL anywhere else.
Let me add at this stage, that I believe that could well change within the next decade.

what about your " cannot travel vast distances " remarks, which was your argument for non human life existence(aliens), remember, " no evidence"-- and now you leave this comment open-ended, implying that alien life exist.
Your confusion continues.
:) I have said many times, "time and distance are the two great barriers between inter-planetary contact" and that does not imply that there is no other ETL.....it implies that any ETL would find it difficult to cross the many hundreds and and thousands of L/years of space to visit us.
And again while I certainly believe we are not alone, I also know that as of this stage, we have no evidence for any ETL.
That is pretty clear.

(pad's comments a few post ago)--
" While obviously there is some evidence,"
http://www.sciforums.com/threads/what-evidence-would-work.156409/page-6#post-3385383
you are erratic pad. :) (shakes head)
i can also link you stating more of your erratic-ness on this topic.
Link all you like my friend......
People are able to read...
What I said......
. While obviously there is some evidence, there is no convincing evidence or extraordinary evidence.
:rolleyes:
While I may have accidentally left out the word "conclusive" in post 227 as follows.....
And again while I certainly believe we are not alone, I also know that as of this stage, we have no evidence for any ETL.
That is pretty clear.
My meaning is well and truly clear in post 226 as follows.......
But I'm also aware that at this time and at this stage of our existence, we have no conclusive evidence of the Earth having ever been visited, nor any hard evidence of ETL anywhere else.
I'm pretty sure you understand what I'm saying, and I'm also pretty sure you are just trying to be pedantic......
But hey! Continue with the links of what you perceive as erraticness .....and we'll all look at it. :)

And of course the post you linked to re "some evidence" was in reference to "some evidence" that ET had visited Earth, but no conclusive evidence...you know extraordinary evidence.

What I said......
comical-- except that is exactly what i did already :) (shrugs)-- i have no interest for your usual, pathetic, backpedaling post.

" we have no evidence for any ETL. "
" nor any hard evidence of ETL anywhere else."
:) (shrugs)-- obvious, massive, significance between the three--and again, this is just one example.
carry on.

All of this may krash fly in the
comical-- except that is exactly what i did already :) (shrugs)-- i have no interest for your usual, pathetic, backpedaling post.

" we have no evidence for any ETL. "
" nor any hard evidence of ETL anywhere else."
:) (shrugs)-- obvious, massive, significance between the three--and again, this is just one example.
carry on.
No, obviously you are out to distort as most trolls do and fail to give the whole quote...:shrug:
I omitted one word in one post...Any other misinformation and distortion is your own pedantic fairy tale.....enjoy :)
Or why not instead of carrying on with your desperado crap, tell us what you believe?
Or let me do it for you.
You believe we have been visited.
You believe the evidence is conclusive.
In fact you believe you are Alien yourself....
Have I got all that correct? :rolleyes:
That just puts you in MR, and river's league. :rolleyes: Congrats, there credibility is certainly worth writing home about. [tic mode on of course]

" And obviously neither have you or MR. While obviously there is some evidence, there is no convincing evidence or extraordinary evidence. "
" And of course the post you linked to re "some evidence" was in reference to "some evidence" that ET had visited Earth, but no conclusive evidence...you know extraordinary evidence. "
" And again while I certainly believe we are not alone, I also know that as of this stage, we have no evidence for any ETL. "
" But I'm also aware that at this time and at this stage of our existence, we have no conclusive evidence of the Earth having ever been visited, nor any hard evidence of ETL anywhere else. "

" Have I got all that correct? :rolleyes: "-- no
i have no interest for your usual, pathetic, attempting to manipulated, backpedaling post.
:) (shrugs)-- obvious, massive, significance between the four--and again, this is just one example.
carry on.

" That just puts you in MR, and river's league. :rolleyes: Congrats, there credibility is certainly worth writing home about. [tic mode on of course] "-- i have no clue why they are involved within your pathetic, attempt to manipulate post. (shrugs)

comical-- :) (shrugs)-- i have no inkling of care if i am believed or not.
Demonstrably false. If you did not care, you would not have mentioned it. Yet you did, in an attempt to back up your statements with apparent authority.

Let's get back on topic.
The topic is about evidence; it is not about members, or members' opinions of members.

Demonstrably false. If you did not care, you would not have mentioned it.
no, you just cannot grasp why i stated it. ( shrugs)
Let's get back on topic.
The topic is about evidence; it is not about members, or members' opinions of members.
i am only, simply, responded to the notifications i am receiving.
overall, i have had enough of this site for some days.
:) carry on.

Demonstrably false. If you did not care, you would not have mentioned it. Yet you did, in an attempt to back up your statements with apparent authority.

Let's get back on topic.
Correct....And while most of us agree ETL should exist elsewhere, most of us also agree that there is no conclusive evidence to validate that claim as yet, and most certainly no conclusive evidence to suggest that any ETL has visited Earth.
That's about the gist of it.

Correct....And while most of us agree ETL should exist elsewhere, most of us also agree that there is no conclusive evidence to validate that claim as yet, and most certainly no conclusive evidence to suggest that any ETL has visited Earth.
That's about the gist of it.

The thing is pad there is conclusive evidence that ETL has visited Earth ; ancient history.

Back