Was Virgin Mary a Virgin....

Share the immaculate conception

• Was Mary born 'perfect'?

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Was She a virgin when jesus was concieved?

Votes: 1 100.0%
  • Conceived a child while still a virgin?

• Both B and C

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Is this a normal way for gods to have offspring?

Greek Gods producing offspring via the normal route is mythology whereas Mary's story is gospel?

the normal route? there are lots of tales of demigods. how is this one different? it's just the holy spirit vs some greek god that did the deed.

the normal route? there are lots of tales of demigods. how is this one different? it's just the holy spirit vs some greek god that did the deed.

Are you envious of Mary? ;)

So gods create us so that they can produce offspring? I think we've discovered a whole new reason for creation. Exciting stuff. I think I'll father a new thread based on this information.

Are you envious of Mary? ;)

So gods create us so that they can produce offspring? I think we've discovered a whole new reason for creation. Exciting stuff. I think I'll father a new thread based on this information.

envious? no. i'm quite pleased with my fiance. :)

envious? no. i'm quite pleased with my fiance. :)

Lori,

find another thread to play on.

no one asked if our confusion lies in the denial of god.

or that you are not envious of mary, because you finally have a man (who worships you) (i remember a day, when you thought life was over with, until you met someone who 'believes you')

either deal with the thread, or go play elsewhere

What the hell is the poll even supposed to convey?

my bad, i thought a few would play fair and just answer the question

it was derived from the raven, trying to use wiki to explain that the Immaculate Conception had nothing to do with Mary being a virgin when Jesus was conceived.

i 'believe' when someone mentions the words in the use of religion, "immaculate conception' that the majority will see it as Jesus was conceived without intercourse.

(it reminds me of the idea of gravity, some now see gravity as something bending space, while other as a particle)

what people believe and what is technically describing the term, is often far and away and

i was interested to see what this forum 'believed'

me not the best writer

nor immaculate

It isn't even a real poll it just allows you to ask a question....it doesn't even come close to giving someone a choice ..much ..and if they were actual questions there is no "I don't believe this crap" option.

It isn't even a real poll it just allows you to ask a question....it doesn't even come close to giving someone a choice ..much ..and if they were actual questions there is no "I don't believe this crap" option.

X2 I wish that option was there that was what I mentioned in my post.

Mary cheated on Joseph and conjured up the story of immaculate conception :D
It's either that or the church made up the story later on, so Jesus wouldn't have been born as the result of sin.
Neither. Most evidence indicates that the first major schism between Christians was between a group that denied the virgin birth, and the group that supported the story remaining in the New Testament, fairly early on in Church history. Seeing as the NT was written some time in the middle or late First Century, that's not "later on" enough to be made up by the Church, nor is it at the point of Jesus' birth. It's something that was apparently a bone of contention within the first or second generation of his followers.
So, quite likely, it was a claim regarding Jesus by his early followers. A claim that got embedded early, so as to make him seem more messianic.

Perseus? Can you share if the 'birth without intercourse' was a part of the writings?
I will do a bit on this side, but do you see what i was inquiring on?
Was there a 'prophecy' related to life being born without sex?
I was being facetious. I don't believe that Perseus was born of a virgin any more than I do Jesus was.
And if you don't know the full Perseus myth, then you obviously didn't pay attention when being taught about Greek and Roman mythology and literature.

And if you don't know the full Perseus myth, then you obviously didn't pay attention when being taught about Greek and Roman mythology and literature.
I know it is off topic, but what led you to believe Bishadi had an education?

Is there any evidence that the Mary protrayed in these myths ever existed?

Back