Was Virgin Mary a Virgin....

Share the immaculate conception

• Was Mary born 'perfect'?

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Was She a virgin when jesus was concieved?

Votes: 1 100.0%
  • Conceived a child while still a virgin?

• Both B and C

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Is it not time to put all the religions' mythology to rest and just live life without any religion ?. Believing that Jesus is God is as bizzare as any bizarre can be.....etc !!!.
Irrelevant. Someone else believing that Jesus was God doesn't affect me at all, and it doesn't affect you either. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.

And I think religion is a good thing, despite the bad things that have occasionally been done with it as a shield.

Irrelevant. Someone else believing that Jesus was God doesn't affect me at all, and it doesn't affect you either. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.

And I think religion is a good thing, despite the bad things that have occasionally been done with it as a shield.
All religions are dying gradually because they can not live when common sense prevails . Most people are religious in names only and do not practice their religions .

Trends are, again, irrelevant. A is A regardless of if everyone around you thinks A is B.
However, there's nothing in religion that is intrinsically against common sense or logic and reason. Most religions are predicated on logic; the problem comes when people cling to an outdated worldview within that religion. Not all religions do that; in fact, most have been modernising.

Neither of which has anything to do with my original point.

Trends are, again, irrelevant. A is A regardless of if everyone around you thinks A is B.
However, there's nothing in religion that is intrinsically against common sense or logic and reason. Most religions are predicated on logic; the problem comes when people cling to an outdated worldview within that religion. Not all religions do that; in fact, most have been modernizing.
All religions are full of contradictions and are based on power, money and control just like any mafia organization .

Well the choices here are not what I would pick for any of them. It was the Virgin Birth not the Virgin conception. At that time there was no way to Conceive a Child and have the woman remain a virgin there has to be penetration in order for th sperm to fertilize the egg. So with that said this special person Jesus was likely the result of a rape and or premarital sex and Mary made up the story to save her self from being stoned to death. And there was an idiot will to go along with her Joseph who she later shacked up with and had the Bastard son Jesus. And depending on what you read from what source Jesus was not this Fun loving I will be your Saviour kinda guy. He was most likely a War lord that pissed off the romans and they killed him for it sound familiar it does to me happens all the time. So in closing Mary was not a Virgin and Jesus was not a Saviour of all man kind he was a martyr to his followers that was talked up in the years following his death and all the miracles that he performed never happened again just stories that were told and written down to make an average person appear God like.

If one is a Christian, one should believe so. It is, after all, a fairly central tenet of Christianity, and has been since the middle of the First Century.

However, I am not a Christian. I am a polytheist, and I do not think that Jesus of Nazareth was born of a virgin or the son of a god.
That's Perseus. ;)

Thanks,

Perseus? Can you share if the 'birth without intercourse' was a part of the writtings?

I will do a bit on this side, but do you see what i was inquiring on?

Was there a 'prophecy' related to life being born without sex?

ie... in today's age, we can do that with test tube babies.

Is it not time to put all the religions' mythology to rest and just live life without any religion ?. Believing that Jesus is God is as bizzare as any bizarre can be.....etc !!!.

what cracks me up is, since HE was here, notice how many plagues, wars, nuclear bombs, oppression and down right cruelty to human beings has existed since.

If the J man was who people claim, and saved the world, then what happened to all the children lost to pedophilia found within more than one of that sects history.

Or as a kid asked

If Jesus died for our sins, what happens now; He didn't stay dead? (and we all know, no sins has ever been undone.......EVER)

and if folks like Ted Haggard are using his name, and harming people; then i find that many believe "what men claim", not what Jesus shared

i personally love many of the lessons, but boy do i have issues with what people do with the material.

ie... many lie thru their teeth and believe, they forgiven, just by using the name (but fail to realize, they doing more damage holding such fibs, then ever rendering good for Jesus' name)

believing? I agree

but when that belief is rendered and lies, misleads and irresponsibly is imposed to another, and that action begins to breed into the minds of others, that they are not RESPONSIBLE for their actions and ALL IS FORGIVEN

then it harms ALL OF US (a loss to the common)

my case in point

there is no shield; each must be responsible for their actions

I prefer humanism and pacifism to any religion on earth : everything is clear and all humans are the same .

god is not the author of confusion, and is no respecter of persons (which means he doesn't discriminate and is only interested in the greater good).

Is this a normal way for gods to have offspring?

Greek Gods producing offspring via the normal route is mythology whereas Mary's story is gospel?

he'll make you perfect. he is the way to take away the defect that causes us all to suffer. sweet huh?

what do you want a vagina for?
So Jesus will make Mike a virgin again?
- How?
- Why do you consider not being a virgin a defect?
- How does not being a virgin make you suffer?

When Jesus was concieved?

The term "Immaculate Conception" is OFTEN defined as Mary was Immaculate (perfect) but if you heard the term, how would you define

Immaculate Conception. No wiki stuff, just answer what the term means to you.

be fair

Mary cheated on Joseph and conjured up the story of immaculate conception :D
It's either that or the church made up the story later on, so Jesus wouldn't have been born as the result of sin.

So Jesus will make Mike a virgin again?
- How?
- Why do you consider not being a virgin a defect?
- How does not being a virgin make you suffer?

i'm not talking about virginity. the defect is sin (that which causes us to suffer). the whole point of the story of christ is that he did not have the defect, and when we are reborn, through him, we won't either. thereby eliminating suffering and death, and restoring communion with god and each other. perfection!

Back