unification of abrahamic religions?

Not really the Ibn stands for "son of" and gives the lineage for the previous 3 generations.:p

Friends called him Amin (the trustworthy one) before Prophethood and Mohammed or Ahmed (the praised one) later.
So his name was really Abu al-Qasim? Why did no one call him Abu?

Abu translates to literally Father. Abu Qasim means father of Qasim, who was his eldest son. (rahmat allah alayhuma)
So he had no name? His name is just a list of who he is the father/son of? Why is that? I'm starting to wonder if he even existed.:confused:

Last edited:
Seven Monotheisms

There are in fact seven primary religions that are monotheistic (as in having only one god): Zoroastrianism, Judaism, Samaritanism, Christianity (sorta), Islam, Sikhism, and Bahai.

There is a certain degree of moral agreement between them, at least among the orthodox elements. But each religion and most of the individual sects of those religions claim to the be "The Truth" and the "Only Truth," which makes unity difficult. While they war upon each other, verbally and literally, they have seven opponents who are making huge progress: atheism, secularism, humanism, materialism, sensualism, neo-paganism, and non-deistic religion (religions without a god or supernatural being).

Unity need not come between the monotheisms by coming to an agreement about doctrine, so much as an agreement that above all other things there is ONE GOD, and moreso agreeing on "moral principles." But here again, there are usually liberal and conservative factions within each of the monotheisms, and within the various sects thereof, and so even moral agreement is impossible to achieve. The conservative elements are not going to even entertain the notion of unity and the liberal elements are so concerned with being politically correct and kissing the arses of the popular culture that they are sell-outs (watered down religion tailored to the ideal of "Do whatever you want as long as it does not hurt anyone").

So moderates are the target group---those who can see the big picture of the necessity for unity in the face of being overrun by secularist forces and forced into a liberalistic worldview that excludes the centricity of God and God's will.

Bahai is attempting to unite the various forms of monotheism, but also the non-monotheistic and non-deistic as well, and they are so pacifistic and so concerned about being "nice" that I just cannot imagine that they can succeed at anything accept helping to create the New Secular World Order.

Anyway, I am feeling greatly distressed as of late about the Global Effort to EGO (edge God out), and don't understand why more people are not upset by the secularist agenda to force liberal values upon God-centered societies and people.

:confused:

Last edited:
There are in fact seven primary religions that are monotheistic (as in having only one god): Zoroastrianism, Judaism, Samaritanism, Christianity (sorta), Islam, Sikhism, and Bahai.
Don't forget the Rastafarians.
Anyway, I am feeling greatly distressed as of late about the Global Effort to EGO (edge God out). . . .
Why??? Monotheistic religion has, arguably, been responsible for more evil than any other force in human history. (Sam will jump in at this point and mention communism, and I will remind her that communism is an offshoot of Christian civilization and that "To each according to his needs, from each according to his ability" is a quote from the New Testament that no self-respecting Hindu or Confucian would have thought up.) The armies of monotheism, in the name of their god and with the blessing of their religious leaders, obliterated three of the world's six irreplaceable civilizations: Egypt, Aztec and Inca.
. . . . and don't understand why more people are not upset by the secularist agenda to force liberal values upon God-centered societies and people.
Like peace and tolerance, the two "liberal values" that monotheist communities defy en masse every couple of generations when they restart their incessant wars? As Carl Jung said, "No wars in history have been as bloody as those between the Christian nations."

Let's hope the forthcoming war between the Christian, Muslim and Jewish nations doesn't prove him wrong.

... "To each according to his needs, from each according to his ability" is a quote from the New Testament...

A quote from the New Testament, eh? For the benefit of the οἱ πολλοί, kindly cite the passage where that "quote" can be found.

A quote from the New Testament, eh? For the benefit of the οἱ πολλοί, kindly cite the passage where that "quote" can be found.
Hmm. I've never looked it up before since I don't have a bible. The best I can do is this website, which says that Marx was inspired by the two lines reproduced from the Book of Acts. Obviously it turns out not to be a quote. Sorry.

BTW, hoi is the Greek plural definite article, so "the hoi polloi" is redundant.;)

Have religions ever unified? I can't think of a single instance. If anything, they split off sects like crazy. Mormonism is only 180 years old and there are already dozens of spin-off religions.

what doctrines would need change from each faith (islam, christianity, and judaism) in order to accomplish this on a widespread basis (at least 70 percent of practitioners agreeing with the "unified" religion)?

It would have to go one of two ways:

1. Christians and Jews would have to accept that Mohammad was a prophet, and Muslims and Jews would have to accept that Christ is the savior.

or

2. All three would have to accept that there are elements of truth in the others' take on things, while letting go of absolutes and exclusionary issues in their own beliefs.

Either way, semantically, major portions of their written books of faith cannot be reconciled, and so would have to be ignored.

I don't think it'll happen any time soon.

Have religions ever unified? I can't think of a single instance. If anything, they split off sects like crazy. Mormonism is only 180 years old and there are already dozens of spin-off religions.

LoL, yes, they do, don't they?

Although some sects/denominations are collections of people from others who gathered together in attempts to unify their differences. Unfortunately, istead of becoming an amalgem of their background faiths, they became something altogether different.

Yes it will be impossible for Christianity, Judaism and Islam to be unified .
Although they are very similar in many cases also at the same time they are very different in many aspects . I predict more division, more hatred and more bullying whereas the strong becomes a tyrant and the weak a simple human . Christianity, Judaism and Islam have many different sects too .
Religion is about money, power and control . It is not going to change a bit .
The only solution is to throw all of them to the garbage bin where they all really belong .

Back