The Worship of Deliberate Ignorance: The Santa Myth

I think they are opposites.
Well the way I look at it is, all materials are natural. But things like general relativity explain that gravity is a universal law, and is not exclusive to earth. So maybe because gravity affects tides, movement of earth, which affects nature, so what is natural? Are universal laws natural? It depends what you define as nature. I think it should not be classed as nature because it isn't exclusive. Nature didn't create gravity, gravity actually plays a major role in maintaining nature. All kinds to think about.

That clears that up, thanks.
Glad I could help.

Unfalsifiability
(also known as: untestability)

Description: Confidently asserting that a theory or hypothesis is true or false even though the theory or hypothesis cannot possibly be contradicted by an observation or the outcome of any physical experiment, usually without strong evidence or good reasons.

Making unfalsifiable claims is a way to leave the realm of rational discourse, since unfalsifiable claims are often faith-based, and not founded on evidence and reason.

Example #1:

I have tiny, invisible unicorns living in my anus. Unfortunately, these cannot be detected by any kind of scientific equipment.

Explanation: While it may actually be a fact that tiny, invisible, mythological creatures are occupying this person’s opening at the lower end of the alimentary canal, it is a theory that is constructed so it cannot be falsified in any way; therefore, should not be seriously considered without significant evidence.

spidergoat:

belief
/bɪˈliːf/
noun
  1. 1.
    an acceptance that something exists or is true, especially one without proof.
    "his belief in extraterrestrial life"

2. 2.
    trust, faith, or confidence in (someone or something).
    "a belief in democratic politics"

Example #1:

I have tiny, invisible unicorns living in my anus. Unfortunately, these cannot be detected by any kind of scientific equipment.
I'd still like to try :)

There is a new process where the proctoscope has a tiny nozzle just above the lens

Pump a little black paint through, BINGO they show up

:)

Back