The Universe has boundary?

There were no evidence for it. It's only imagination.

It's a very childish understanding of the universe.
The video talks about our 3D space, as if that would be the Universe.
For 3D space to be curved fourth dimension is needed which allows 3D space curvature.The fourth dimension is part of the universe which is infinite.
If the 4D space is also closed then that is the fifth dimension wich is infinite.
And so on to infinity.

But there's the time.Time is also part of the universe.

So what do you think? There is a border which closes a finite universe?

Not having a boundary doesn't necessarily make the universe infinite.

Not having a boundary doesn't necessarily make the universe infinite.

If it's not infinite, then it must have an ending. That place where it ends, please tell me what it is called? Now, whatever is on the other side, please tell me what that is called? These things need names.

If it's not infinite, then it must have an ending.

That doesn't follow. The surface of a sphere has no ending when viewed from a two dimensional perspective. But it's not infinite.

That place where it ends, please tell me what it is called? Now, whatever is on the other side, please tell me what that is called? These things need names.

What's the other side of a Mobius strip called?

That doesn't follow. The surface of a sphere has no ending when viewed from a two dimensional perspective. But it's not infinite.

What's the other side of a Mobius strip called?

One way or the other there always has to be something more. If you have a sphere or a mobius strip, they have to be somewhere. An example of a sphere might be an event horizon and we have many of those in our universe. If our universe is a sphere, maybe we are in someone else's universe?

Just saying, if we can think of a thing, maybe it should have a name that people can define. So when we talk to each other about it, we are all thinking the same thing. As it stands now, I have a hard time telling the apples from the oranges and many things in between.

Polite notice: The gibberish level is increasing on this thread. Please could all posters do their bit to get this back down to acceptable levels.

One way or the other there always has to be something more.

What number is highest than the highest real number?

f you have a sphere or a mobius strip, they have to be somewhere.

Right. But what's north of the north pole? What's on the other side of a Mobius strip? What's outside the universe? They're all similar questions.

The term "outside the universe" refers to a place you cannot get to, cannot be measured and cannot affect the rest of the universe. It has the reality of the place north of the north pole.

Can we not estimate the diameter of the universe?

Don't take this as gospel, but I think I read somewhere recently it was in the neighborhood of 98 billion light years. Don't ask where or how that number was arrived at... (maybe it was 68 billion? It seemed far fetched to me at te time.)

The universe is immensely large and possibly infinite in volume.The region visible from Earth (the observable universe) is a sphere with a radius of about 46 billion light years, based on where the expansion of space has taken the most distant objects observed.
Wikipedia:Universe,Size

Andre Lindt and Alan Guth were talking about the latest versions of inflationary theory, and Lindt said he got a figure for the size of the universe of 10^12^12^12. When Guth asked 'what are the units? Centimeter, meters or kilometers?' Lindt replied 'with that large a figure, what does it matter?'

Guth said he felt a little foolish.

perhaps the 'boundary' of the universe is internal . . . not external . . .

You just threw that out for no good reason, didn't you? You know it makes no sense, but it sounds perfound.

Back